Sign in to follow this  
douginsea

Approved for the Paypal Plus Credit Card

Just applied for the paypal plus credit card...and look what it told me!!!!!!

I also pulled my credit reports after i did it...and no hard or soft pulls on any of them? how can this be?

i'm shocked...but hey i'll take it...

Congratulations! You’re about to enter a whole new world of convenience, security and rewards with your new PayPal Plus Credit Card. You can start using your card for PayPal purchases right away. After you receive and activate your card, you can use it everywhere and anywhere MasterCard® is accepted – online or in your favorite stores.

Your credit limit is $2,100.00 USD. Until you receive your card in the mail and activate it, your temporary shopping limit is $500.00 USD (expires 6/22/2006).

Start using your new PayPal Plus Credit Card today, and enjoy all these benefits - plus many more:

Rewards program free with your card - earn points everywhere you shop towards future purchases!

Exclusive PayPal offers

Extended protection on purchases made via PayPal* See eligibility

Zero liability for unauthorized purchases made with your credit card

Extended payment plans and deferred interest offers on select purchases

Online account management -- view balance, activity, statements, and more

No annual fee

It’s all the security and convenience you’d expect from PayPal … plus much more. That’s why we call it PayPal Plus! Learn more about the PayPal Plus Credit Card.

Sincerely,

PayPal

they pulled something...i'm just not sure what? ROFL...

and yeah GEMB..has always pulled EX for me....and its been there in like 2 secs...so i'm not sure what to think..but hey..whatever i got approved...

although i did get approved thru carecredit...for lasik like a month ago..which is GE..you think they used the same report or something?

and yeah GEMB..has always pulled EX for me....and its been there in like 2 secs...so i'm not sure what to think..but hey..whatever i got approved...

although i did get approved thru carecredit...for lasik like a month ago..which is GE..you think they used the same report or something?

I have never heard of GEMB pulling EX, it's usually EQ but has been TU for a few lately, is this something new?

always been EX for me...seems everbody hits my EX for some reason..even the ones that dont pull EX...do for me...

but hey..i think ive joined the CW club.. so i'll take the approval. i dont care if they pulled from the MOBSTERS CRA..ROFL

Edited by douginsea

I applied for PayPal Plus a couple of weeks ago... I thought is was no inquiry... showed up three days later hard pull on EQ.

I saw this card offer yesterday when I logged into PayPal. I see that if you are not approved for the card, they will automatically consider you for the PayPal Buyer Credit.

so is paypal making the credit decision when you apply? or GEMB?

casue i checked for anything that said GEMB or paypal...

How do I apply?

If you have a PayPal account log in... on the left hand side there will be a link to apply for the PayPal Plus Card.

log into your paypal account. and there is a tab for the paypal plus card. they may also consider you for the paypal buyer credit as well. i have read alot of people tried for the credit card.. declined, but offered the buyer credit...

Hey I was looking for the Paypal Visa link... Which is no longer there! It appears they have cut their ties with Providian/WaMu...

So I logged into my Paypal account and had to see a popup for this new "Paypal PLUS Card Mastercard" So, I applied thinking I'll never get it because I already have like 12 INQ's...

I got a message that said, Thanks but we can not approve you for the Paypal Plus card but instead we are going to approve you for the Paypal buyer credit for $300! Just like that... All I did was confirm my date of birth and phone number... I don't even think paypal has my SSN on file? I then check my TC and myfico... and no recent pulls from paypal or GEMB... Pretty Cool...

More credit for me! YEA!!! :glare:

Approved: Paypal Buyer Credit

Amount: $300

Score: 568

Pulled: none so far....

Have a great day... Rod

Hey I was looking for the Paypal Visa link... Which is no longer there! It appears they have cut their ties with Providian/WaMu...

I got a message that said, Thanks but we can not approve you for the Paypal Plus card but instead we are going to approve you for the Paypal buyer credit for $300! Just like that... All I did was confirm my date of birth and phone number... I don't even think paypal has my SSN on file? I then check my TC and myfico... and no recent pulls from paypal or GEMB... Pretty Cool...

More credit for me! YEA!!! ;)

Approved: Paypal Buyer Credit

Amount: $300

Score: 568

Pulled: none so far....

Have a great day... Rod

Good job! Nothing like a reward to keep you motivated!

Was too chicken to apply for the plus credit card so just applied for the buyers credit...

Look what I got

You're Approved for PayPal Buyer Credit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, you're approved for PayPal Buyer Credit. Your new PayPal Buyer Credit account is automatically linked to your PayPal account, so you can start using PayPal Buyer Credit to fund your PayPal purchases today. With PayPal Buyer Credit, you can shop now and pay later anywhere PayPal is accepted.

Your credit limit: $700.00 USD

A welcome email will be sent soon with important information about your PayPal Buyer Credit account.

:dntknw::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::grin::grin:

Ok, so I'm super new to all of this jargon and legal whathaveyou... I joined this forum because I have one question: If I open a credit card for the sake of having a line of credit that's always paid on time, can I just never use it and have it increase my credit score over time? Or does the benefit to my credit rating depend on the amount of credit I use and how promptly I pay it off? Cause I'm thinking, A: It would be nice to have a credit card if I need one sometime, and B: I never need one-- I just pay cash and debit for all my purchases and bills-- so why not just open a card and never use it (at all), gradually accruing credit?

Let me know what you think, please. Thanks.

And moderators/admins: Yes, I know this is my first post and that this may not be the most appropriate place to put it, but I searched the forum looking for an answer to my question and saw nothing very relevant, so I hoped this would be close enough. If I had privileges to start a new thread I would have done that instead. Thanks for your understanding.

Ok, so I'm super new to all of this jargon and legal whathaveyou... I joined this forum because I have one question: If I open a credit card for the sake of having a line of credit that's always paid on time, can I just never use it and have it increase my credit score over time? Or does the benefit to my credit rating depend on the amount of credit I use and how promptly I pay it off? Cause I'm thinking, A: It would be nice to have a credit card if I need one sometime, and B: I never need one-- I just pay cash and debit for all my purchases and bills-- so why not just open a card and never use it (at all), gradually accruing credit?

Let me know what you think, please. Thanks.

And moderators/admins: Yes, I know this is my first post and that this may not be the most appropriate place to put it, but I searched the forum looking for an answer to my question and saw nothing very relevant, so I hoped this would be close enough. If I had privileges to start a new thread I would have done that instead. Thanks for your understanding.

Yes...