Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Unfriendly neighbors invites me to block party

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

I have lived on a dead end street with 12 houses for seven years now and have found the neighbors to be cold and distant. The women across the street is especially cold. I have tried a number of times to be friendly by making attempts at small talk as we crossed paths. Usually all I get is a one word answer- or a grunt. Other times I am completely ignored.

When my wife and I go on hikes down the street on the way to the community park we run into quite a few of our neighbors. I always try to be friendly and generally get no reply.

I was completely shocked when I came to the door and found my cold neighbor (from across the street) putting a note in my mail box telling me about a neighborhood block party at her house. I asked her if she was inviting me because I lived on the street or that she felt I would be an interesting and enjoyable person for the party. She looked shocked, looked away and left.

I still have not decided if I should attend the event. So, do you attend neighborhood block parties?

Edited by Chubroach

Maybe she is jealous because she has a crush on your wife and wants her for herself. Why else would she be completely cold and then suddenly invite you to a party? Maybe she plans to come out of the closet and go ahead and annouce it to the whole neighborhood?

Well, I think it's an attempt to lure you to her house so they can torture you with a lot of insane questions.

But there is the slim possibility that you could end up like Jimmy Hoffa and your wife could become the neighbor's new girlfriend ...

We don't have neighborhood block parties. We just wave at each other and go about our own business.

Perhaps there is an interesting focus being placed upon the prime entertainment....and you play some part in in! Wife swaping, husband swaping, Satanism, etc., etc.

If the neighbors are cold and make you uncomfortable, use this invitation as a chance to get back at them. Go to the party, act really weird, dress like it's a costume party even though it's not, bring a bowl with a sign on it that says "Place Keys Here For Wife Swapping" then go around excitedly asking everyone if they've put their keys in the bowl yet. Sing really loud along with whatever song is playing. Make small talk about uncomfortable topics like female hygene products.

Hell, if they don't talk to you now, might as well make the best of it!

I think she's trying to be nice to the fat girl across the street, just because it's "the right thing to do". You're invited by virtue of marriage alone.

Well, I think it's an attempt to lure you to her house so they can torture you with a lot of insane questions.

But there is the slim possibility that you could end up like Jimmy Hoffa and your wife could become the neighbor's new girlfriend ...

remember, Chubroach's wife is BUTCH... so you are incorrect in that she may end up the neighbor's wife's new girlfriend

they should film it & submit to TV execs...call it, Desperate Gay Wives

remember, Chubroach's wife is BUTCH... so you are incorrect in that she may end up the neighbor's wife's new girlfriend

Depserate Gas Passing Gay Wives

Edited by CargoJon

Ooooooooohhh ... good point, good point. Perhaps, then, the neighbor will end up as Chub's wife's girlfriend??

ETA: But I still believe that Chubs will end up like Hoffa ...

Edited by TxQuiltGirl

Add husband-swapping, and we have next year's new hit for Fox.

Not quite. If you THEN add bad kids in an urban setting, and a teacher who's gonna lock them in class and whip them into shape ... and a woman who is beaten and raped by her wretched ex husband ... and maybe some dysfunctional mother daughter time ...

Wait, that's a LIFETIME movie, not a Fox hit ...

Edited by TxQuiltGirl

Add husband-swapping, and we have next year's new hit for Fox.

Not quite. If you THEN add bad kids in an urban setting, and a teacher who's gonna lock them in class and whip them into shape ... and a woman who is beaten and raped by her wretched ex husband ... and maybe some dysfunctional mother daughter time ...

Wait, that's a LIFETIME movie, not a Fox hit ...

"Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of Chubroach's lives"

"Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of Chubroach's lives"

:clapping::clapping::rofl:

Why do I hear warning music in the background???

NO NO!!!!!!!! DON'T GO IN THAT ....

room.

I TOLD YA not to go in that room.

*sigh*

Edited by TxQuiltGirl

I have lived on a dead end street with 12 houses for seven years now and have found the neighbors to be cold and distant. The women across the street is especially cold. I have tried a number of times to be friendly by making attempts at small talk as we crossed paths. Usually all I get is a one word answer- or a grunt. Other times I am completely ignored.

When my wife and I go on hikes down the street on the way to the community park we run into quite a few of our neighbors. I always try to be friendly and generally get no reply.

I was completely shocked when I came to the door and found my cold neighbor (from across the street) putting a note in my mail box telling me about a neighborhood block party at her house. I asked her if she was inviting me because I lived on the street or that she felt I would be an interesting and enjoyable person for the party. She looked shocked, looked away and left.

I still have not decided if I should attend the event. So, do you attend neighborhood block parties?

I live in a HOA and have only been to like 1 or 2 parties in the neighborhood (YEARS AGO)

I probably wouldn't go

She's thinking considering a possible 3-way with you and mrs. chub to see which one is the better man/woman.

Your wife is the man of her dreams.

:grin::glare::blink:

either the wife or the 14 yr old nephew with 86 kids by high school freshman girls

Perhaps there is an interesting focus being placed upon the prime entertainment....and you play some part in in! Wife swaping, husband swaping, Satanism, etc., etc.

If I saw a huge cauldron being wheeled in and a couple copies of the "Donner Party CookbooK", I'd sure worry.

:grin:

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.