Sign in to follow this  
snickstx

Are you Happily Married or Happily Divorced?

108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Happily Married or Happily Divorced?

• Happily Divorced
    • Happily Married/Engaged/Involved
    • Happily Single
    • Recovering from Divorce
    • Contemplating Divorce

Hi All,

First of all, I'm not trying to collect personal information here and would suggest. If you are contemplating divorce, that you limit the information you provide about your situation. Anything can be used against you. However, I am curious as to how many fellow members have suffered through the slings and arrows of a divorce.

Marriage and money are so closely intermingled in many families today; it is too easy to see how a nasty, or even civil, break-up can lead many people to CB. I'm one of them myself.

You see, a few years ago I filed for divorce against my wife. I kept the rental house. I kept current on the payments, and then I found a new place to live well after the lease had expired. When I called to get the final payment amount, the office told me that I would have to pay until the end of the month. I had already given my notice some time before that. Anyway, I saw this as an attempt to strong-arm me into paying more, so, on principle, I didn't pay it, moved out earlier and left it at that. It was nice of the process server to serve my former address where I no longer lived. Badda Bing, Badda Bang, default judgment. I soon learned that credit doesn't give a flying flip about principle.

While that is not the only credit speedbump as a result of my marriage/divorce, it proves to be the hardest one to correct.

So, those that would like to, use this thread as a chance to share some of your experiences, with divorce and credit, which led you here today.

Lastly, while I am not trying to plant the seed for a new forum or anything like that, if the Owners and Admins take notice (positive), well that's all the better. I do know from my experience that there is not a lot of the web dedicated to divorce/credit matters that I've been able to turn up.

Don't want to step on anybody's toes, just thought this would be interesting.

Hi snicks,

I'm in the process of divorce. The wife basically quit paying the bills when she moved out (I work overseas) and now I'm trying to get all of it cleaned up.

Hi snicks,

I'm in the process of divorce. The wife basically quit paying the bills when she moved out (I work overseas) and now I'm trying to get all of it cleaned up.

I am assuming that, even with today's internet capabilities, you still have some difficulties handeling day to day finances from overseas. I hope everything goes well for you.

When my X and I split, we really didn't have any credit. We had the afformentioned rent house and a car that I had purchased about three months prior. I let X take it but when it was clear that she had no intention on paying for it or even keeping it insured, I had to repo it.

The funny thing was, her dad had blocked the car in their driveway with another vehicle and had pulled the coil wire. It took me twenty minutes to get it pushed off their property and started in the middle of the night with no flashlight, by myslef. She was actually surprized that it was gone!!! I guess I still take a little pride in that eventhough I could have been shot getting my own car.

And yeah, I should probably add "in the middle of a divorce" and "Happily Married, but Divorced before" but I can't figure out how to edit the poll.

TOMORROW IS #24

CONTEMPLATING A MID-LIFE CRISIS WITH A 20 YEAR OLD HOTTIE

j/k

SHE HAS PUT UP WITH ME THIS LONG....

I'LL KEEP ON TRYING TO GET IT RIGHT...

Edited by GEORGE

I actually married my midlife crisis (No Kidding) ... :clapping: We have been married 5 years now ... longest relationship I have ever had ... and perfectly happy. She was 21 when we met and I was ... well older :clapping:. Luckily for me ... I wasn't married when we met ... but I still call her my midlife crisis :clapping:

As far as Divorce goes ... I was hurt pretty bad over in the gulf early early 1990 and spent about 10 months in a back brace stuck in a hospital and had to assign power of attorney for finacial matters to my first wife while I was disabled ... well, she decided this was a good time to leave me ... but before she did, she had racked up about 80K in debt .... and off she went.

That TRASHED my credit and took me 7 years to get somewhat back to reality CR wise ... then had some more medical problems 98 and 99 and took a little bit of hit then too ... basically let most of that age off as well.

NOW .... when it gets clean (MY CR) this time ... the darn thing better stay that way. I prefer to pay with cash with everything now. The only thing I want a clean CR for is emergiency loans and a Mortgage ... I really detest having debt.

:clapping:

Hi snicks,

I am assuming that, even with today's internet capabilities, you still have some difficulties handeling day to day finances from overseas. I hope everything goes well for you.

When my X and I split, we really didn't have any credit. We had the afformentioned rent house and a car that I had purchased about three months prior. I let X take it but when it was clear that she had no intention on paying for it or even keeping it insured, I had to repo it.

The funny thing was, her dad had blocked the car in their driveway with another vehicle and had pulled the coil wire. It took me twenty minutes to get it pushed off their property and started in the middle of the night with no flashlight, by myslef. She was actually surprized that it was gone!!! I guess I still take a little pride in that eventhough I could have been shot getting my own car.

And yeah, I should probably add "in the middle of a divorce" and "Happily Married, but Divorced before" but I can't figure out how to edit the poll.

I'm glad things went well for you in that respect!

Yes, it's difficult trying to do things from overseas - I have to pay bills online (with those extra charges) because of mail delays. I usually get my mortgage bill (and thank GOD I was able to rescue that from foreclosure!) about 10 days before it's due - too late to get it sent back in a timely fashion.

Trying to clean up all this mess is going to be interesting, with the mail delays...that's for sure!

...AND WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN HNL THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!

Maybe next year

I have vacation + personal time (I COULD GO FOR 2 MONTHS)

SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY VACATION (because of #2 down-size)

Happily married for 28 years and counting! :clapping:

TOMORROW IS #24

j/k

DH contemplates it all the time GEORGE, he just can't afford a younger model! :clapping:

I agree with the BOTH statement....

Was "blissfully ignorant & married" at first, then happily divorced him.

Got remarried, VERY happily in fact, but I still have some old debt-haunts from the "ignorant" one...

4 years after the fact...

Oh well. Least I think I got it right this time. In another year I'll have my FICOs and all where I would like them to be. Gotta dream...

TOMORROW IS #24

j/k

DH contemplates it all the time GEORGE, he just can't afford a younger model! :P

I have had a few "FRIENDS" at work (HOTTIES)

She says you are NOT WIRED FOR 220 (2--20 year olds)

You see, a few years ago I filed for divorce against my wife. I kept the rental house. I kept current on the payments, and then I found a new place to live well after the lease had expired. When I called to get the final payment amount, the office told me that I would have to pay until the end of the month. I had already given my notice some time before that. Anyway, I saw this as an attempt to strong-arm me into paying more, so, on principle, I didn't pay it, moved out earlier and left it at that. It was nice of the process server to serve my former address where I no longer lived. Badda Bing, Badda Bang, default judgment. I soon learned that credit doesn't give a flying flip about principle.

Were you on a month-to-month lease or did you stay past the vacate date for your lease?

JUNK, I could say so much more, reminds me of the 3 stooges when the used to ask are you married or are you happy, lol, I refuse to submit to junk mentality.

Don't mind me, hey! I have my reasons.

Happily married for 15 years as of this past April 5th.

I keep telling him we should have gotten married on April 1st though. :clapping:

Happily married for 15 years as of this past April 5th.

I keep telling him we should have gotten married on April 1st though. :dance:

Our Anniversary is April 2nd.... we got married ona Sunday afternoon because although the caterer offered us an amazing deal for Saturday, I REFUSED to get married on April Fool's Day.... could do it the next weekend because it was Easter....

I just got a kiss on the cheek as he left for work, guess that makes me happily married

:clapping::clapping: