Sign in to follow this  
stevenwe

does fedex and DHL report?

As i wrote in the title....can some of you please let me know if DHL reports to Experian or Dnb or both....

and Does fedex report to Dnb or experian or both.....thanks

Don't both of those require a credit card to secure an account to begin with? I had to on my fedex acct... but never used it. would be interested in knowing so I can let my other half know as she is seeking easy initil TLs that Will report. The division she took oer has a 19 year old Duns file but only two dinky trdelines on it. still DS rated and of course no paydex. I told her to start adding some basic lines and get the file rated and a paydex. After that point she could be in a good position with that old of a file. the experian is 7 years old which beats a kick in the teeth.

would be interested in knowing from those who actually use their Fedex and DHL if they still report despite being secured with a CC.

I think that if you setup automatic credit card billing that they will not report. I had Fedex on credit card billing for a while but after calling and bugging them a few times I was finally setup with a Net account. Initially they denied me because I had nothing reporting on Experian. I asked them to pull D&B and they told me that they only pull Experian so I tend to wonder if they do report on D&B at all. DHL works the same way as Fedex but with a phone call they gave me a Net account up front. I don't use DHL much as I have a very nice discount with Fedex but I am hoping that they soon report. I always pay DHL via EFT the day I receive the bill.

I asked in another thread about companies that definitely report to Experian but I didn't receive a single reply so I wonder if someone could confirm who really reports.

I can confirm that FedEx reports to D&B ... They haven't yet for my current company, but they were one of just a handful of trades that did report for my previous company.

As for open accounts with both DHL and FedEx - you have to be persistent. FedEx took nearly half a dozen calls until I got a rep who was willing to give a Net 30 account.

i was actually able to get both dhl and fedex to give me a net 30 account easily...all i did was call up ...and they told me it was no problem .... and i had a very thin file

i was actually able to get both dhl and fedex to give me a net 30 account easily...all i did was call up ...and they told me it was no problem .... and i had a very thin file

My problem was that I was initially denied. I applied before I had by DUNS, and after that initial decline they kept saying that I would have to have my credit card securing the file for six months before they would convert it. Stupid error on my part ... except that through that error I starting searching the web and stumbled on CB to learn how to do it right!!! :-)

now that i think about it ..i think dhl gave me a net 14 account , but im assuming thats good enough for my purposes.....

the truth is , i send out about 8 or 9 packages a year ... so i used dhl first for the first 3 or 4 packages.....and then i signed up for fedex and used them twice, prob gonna send one more package using them and then ill try ups

now that i think about it ..i think dhl gave me a net 14 account , but im assuming thats good enough for my purposes.....

the truth is , i send out about 8 or 9 packages a year ... so i used dhl first for the first 3 or 4 packages.....and then i signed up for fedex and used them twice, prob gonna send one more package using them and then ill try ups

DHL reports if you are past due. I have an account with them and it doesn't show up anywhere. It was one of my first accts. Opened it with no credit card and no problems as a net 15 acct. I am billed and make payments online.

So, if DHL doesnt report, perhaps it's better to ship with UPS? Or do they not report, either?

So, if DHL doesnt report, perhaps it's better to ship with UPS? Or do they not report, either?

I'm not sure if they report either. UPS turned me down when I applied so I never bothered to check.