Sign in to follow this  
antomax

How can stay home moms get in some income??

If you're interested in merchandising check out www.narms.com and click on search the job bank.

I used to merchandise books in CVS stores. Once my last little one starts school next year, I'll probably look for another merchandising jobs.

I see someone already suggested www.wahm.com. That is an awesome website! I highly recommend it! I found both of my work at home jobs on that site and I'm currently on a waiting list for a 3rd job, though I'm not holding my breath.

brandy6635 ~ would that third job be for KFC? If so, I am waiting on that one myself!

Whoever it was that asked if we get sick of kids, yes there are times I do. Since I have mine 24/7 right now I do not get a break or "me" time. But I cannot find a job that pays as well as doing child care does. I am looking into transcription work now and hope to work into that full time once DD starts school.

brandy6635 ~ would that third job be for KFC? If so, I am waiting on that one myself!

Whoever it was that asked if we get sick of kids, yes there are times I do. Since I have mine 24/7 right now I do not get a break or "me" time. But I cannot find a job that pays as well as doing child care does. I am looking into transcription work now and hope to work into that full time once DD starts school.

Yes it would be ;) Last I heard they overhired and current workers don't have much work, if any. I'll just stick with my coding jobs. I was doing pretty well with up until the 4th. I'm guessing we slowed down because most people were off for the holiday.

Check out Tigerfish. They are entry level transcription. If you pass their tests, you get hired. I was going to try it a couple years ago, but I got hired on with a coding company. I did try one of the tests and decided I didn't have a good enough ear to decipher what the person was saying.

So.. I thought I would add my two cents about Tiny Details.. I have looked at assembly companies before and have found that most of them are easily spotted as scams... However Tiny Details seems to be an exception... My mom has a miniature house and the items usually have to be made by hand. Thier BBB report isnt terrible... it seems that most of the complaints are from people whose items were rejected do to quality... not to be rude... but some people are just not crafty..

So I am going to try them out.. I feel I am pretty good with my hands .. so will let everyone know :lol:

I look forward to hearing how it works for you. I've been thinking about it to add a little extra cash to my savings.

I do mystery shopping and I added a couple of new companies. Would love to be able exchange info w/ other shoppes about what companies service what retailers/cellular/etc. It would make it so much easier to find what companies I want to sign up with so I can get more work.

I do mystery shopping and I added a couple of new companies. Would love to be able exchange info w/ other shoppes about what companies service what retailers/cellular/etc. It would make it so much easier to find what companies I want to sign up with so I can get more work.

You can't mention client names that's a breech of the ICAs that you both signed.

You can't mention client names that's a breech of the ICAs that you both signed.

Hmmm, well so far the only person I exchange info with is my sis and all we do is tell each other if a particular company has work in each other's area. I noticed with some companies you can look at least at the areas they service before signing up for them. But both of us ran into joining companies and then discovering they don't operate in our area. We both look at it as a referral by telling each other "I work with company X and they have assignments in your area as well". But I did manage to find a good compan ythat services several different businesses in my area.

Hmmm, well so far the only person I exchange info with is my sis and all we do is tell each other if a particular company has work in each other's area. I noticed with some companies you can look at least at the areas they service before signing up for them. But both of us ran into joining companies and then discovering they don't operate in our area. We both look at it as a referral by telling each other "I work with company X and they have assignments in your area as well". But I did manage to find a good compan ythat services several different businesses in my area.

Sign up for all of them you would be suprised what jobs show up when least expected.

So.. I thought I would add my two cents about Tiny Details.. I have looked at assembly companies before and have found that most of them are easily spotted as scams... However Tiny Details seems to be an exception... My mom has a miniature house and the items usually have to be made by hand. Thier BBB report isnt terrible... it seems that most of the complaints are from people whose items were rejected do to quality... not to be rude... but some people are just not crafty..

So I am going to try them out.. I feel I am pretty good with my hands .. so will let everyone know :)

I bought it for my GF a couple months ago. I got her the books and they arrived smudged and damaged. There really seemed to be no way to put them together to the exact requirements. I decided to send for the 50% refund, which they did give. Here is why I did it. I have read that they seem to purposely stall and make it almost impossible to get a refund. You have to mail in 1 sample that they have to approve and mail back before you can make any. Keep in mind you have 60 days to get any kind of refund ( 50% only unless you complete all miniatures to 100% satisfaction, then you get "paid" and can get your deposit refunded). It will probably take a couple weeks just to hear about your sample. Most likely they will reject it ( they reject their OWN samples, more on that later) for some "tiny" detail. I have read a lot of feedback and complaints that people went through all the trouble of perfecting samples, turning them all in, and ending up not gettng paid because they all werent 100% perfect within 60 days ( and between all the mailing, sample rejection,etc there wasnt much time left t really get it done). They have also been people who as a test sent them their own samples and even they were rejected. They reject their own "perfect" work. It is my opinion that they fully expect most people to give up and get a 50% refund at best. Their goal is to make most of their money from the $55 deposits on their $1 worth of "suplies." Even if some people are not very "crafty", I think it is shady by intent. If you ARE very crafty, it seems the most you could make is $50 every couple weeks and have money perpetually "on deposit" with them ( everytime you get paid and want to make more they keep your money to cover the deposit on the new kit. And you have to make a deposit for each kit). If you want to make $200 a week, for example on a $50 item, you would have to deposit $220 with them for supplies( only 50% refundable). And you would basically have to d all the work in 1 day because you have to mail it in and wait for them to check it, pay yu, and send you more. I just dont see how this could be a very productive use of time.

Also Tiny Details is the same exact company ( I think it's called Christian Minatures- Same address, same people) that supposedly pays people to make little crosses. I have never heard anything good about them either. There was guy on Survivor who runs a similar thing and I see people selling them on eBay for a lot less than cost.

I was speaking about directly mentioning client names which is what it seemed to me you were suggesting. Mentioning MS company names is no big thing. Actually they WANT to be mentioned and have good shoppers referred to them. What they don't want is for shoppers naming their clients, fees, and types of shops. It isn't really unusual for more than one MS company to service the same client.

Sign up for all of them you would be suprised what jobs show up when least expected.

That is what I did. There are so many jobs in my area. I haven't had time to do much work with the shops though.

Well if anyone is interested I will post what co I work for and I can check and see if they have any listings in your area, Just pm me. Would love to exchange company names with other people like I do my sister.

Well if anyone is interested I will post what co I work for and I can check and see if they have any listings in your area, Just pm me. Would love to exchange company names with other people like I do my sister.

The lists can be found at volition.com or mysteryshop.org :blink:

I guess they dont want her stealing burnt sofas when she goes to the fire scene

:offtopic::angry::angry:

The lists can be found at volition.com or mysteryshop.org :angry:

I will update my mystery shop thread for you as soon as I get a chance I got permission from admin to post stuff there. I have just been really busy. If you would like to post ther go ahead and Bell is also there to help out. Just do not mention clients names and fees. You can say low pay or high pay just not the fees. I am now signed up with almost 500 companies and I have heard there is over 1000.

The lists can be found at volition.com or mysteryshop.org :clapping:

Yeah but a lot of times you can't find out before signing up if they work in your area. I signed up with 2 companies that seemed to be highly recommended on various forums and after I signed up I discovered they only operate on the West Coast. Since I am in VA that was a total waste for time for me. I'm trying to find a way to avoid that by finding companies that do work in my area.

The lists can be found at volition.com or mysteryshop.org :P

Yeah but a lot of times you can't find out before signing up if they work in your area. I signed up with 2 companies that seemed to be highly recommended on various forums and after I signed up I discovered they only operate on the West Coast. Since I am in VA that was a total waste for time for me. I'm trying to find a way to avoid that by finding companies that do work in my area.

Did you check the job boards before signing up with those two companies? :P When I started I only signed up for companies that currently had jobs in my area regardless of whether or not I wanted that particular job. I was very busy during Nov & Dec. When things quieted down in Jan I signed up with more companies using the lists. Personally I don't think its a waste to sign up for companies that dont currently have a job in my area because schedulers frequently refer good shoppers to other companies. Also you never know when a company may get a new client in a new area. If you are already in the database who do you think they are going to call first?

Ok.. got the Tiny Details package.. I decided with doing books.. The sample is very nice.. My first book took me about 30 min only because I was doing it for the first time.. It came out ok.. but I knew I can do better(btw, I used only the supplies they provided, it worked fine).. I did the second one in about 10 min.. looked even better... I am going to be borrowing some tools that might make it easier, and I going to get a better knife and see what differences there are. I think I could probably get a book done about ever 5 min since I know what I am doing now.

I hope to have samples out in the mail tomorrow.. also, you only have to send samples if it is your first time doing the kit.

Personaly I feel that my first two should pass quality control.. however I am a perfectionist and want them to look better...

I will keep you updated..

I want to say I am so grateful to everyone for this thread. I just mystery shopping in April and only was with 1 company and did 3 or 4 shops for a couple months. But in July I added several more comapnies that I have actually completed shops with or have pending jobs. I added a lot of companies that I am registered with but no shops so far. I added Shop'nChek in July and did a bunch with them and looking forward to many more assignments. July I earned about $350 counting reimbursements with 21 jobs. Best one was a vision shop because I needed to replace my glasses due to severe scratching. Between the insurance payment and my shop fee my glasses ended up costing us about $30. I already have 17 lined up just these first 2 weeks of August.

I am so looking forward to school starting back because there are many shops I can't do w/ DD in tow. I set a goal of $500 month as what I want to reach each month. With that I could pay SL extra and still have spending money and money for shops.

I want to say I am so grateful to everyone for this thread. I just mystery shopping in April and only was with 1 company and did 3 or 4 shops for a couple months. But in July I added several more comapnies that I have actually completed shops with or have pending jobs. I added a lot of companies that I am registered with but no shops so far. I added Shop'nChek in July and did a bunch with them and looking forward to many more assignments. July I earned about $350 counting reimbursements with 21 jobs. Best one was a vision shop because I needed to replace my glasses due to severe scratching. Between the insurance payment and my shop fee my glasses ended up costing us about $30. I already have 17 lined up just these first 2 weeks of August.

I am so looking forward to school starting back because there are many shops I can't do w/ DD in tow. I set a goal of $500 month as what I want to reach each month. With that I could pay SL extra and still have spending money and money for shops.

Great job!!

:rofl: WTG!!!!!!!