Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Biz credit apps

I think we need a new list of places that newbies, or virgin biz credit co's. can go to obtain credit. Nebs no longer reports, and with the credit crunch, I'm sure many companies aren't offering just anyone credit.

Is staples still legit? Uline?

Where else can we go too in order to establish credit?

I think we need a new list of places that newbies, or virgin biz credit co's. can go to obtain credit. Nebs no longer reports, and with the credit crunch, I'm sure many companies aren't offering just anyone credit.

Hi -

I just started my biz credit file also. Yes, Uline still works. Don't go for Staples if you're a new business unless you want to PG. You can do a search and there are a ton of great posts in this forum that will help you get started. It took me about a week of research and after reading the posts, I have a great plan. So far I've been approved for 7 accounts.

Good Luck!

Uline Quill and reliable works. I just order from all 3 in the last 6 weeks. Just make sure you order $50 or more from reliable to report

Stamba, you are right. the same places that were allowing credit without PG or no longer doing it as easily. The below is what I have found out as of now;

- Staples / will give credit if you have no negative on your Experian. no pg still

-Home depot/ only checks if you are listed in 411 & will call company phone to speak to Accounts to verify. they do not want to speak to owner. you will get approved for up to 5k on 30days net terms. after 2 months switch to revolving credit card.

-Macys/ you must have a good Experian or atleast clean file. they report to Experian. good one to have.

-Kinkos/ they will need a credit card on account. but will report quickly.

-UPS/ same thing...

-Uline/ will reports to duns & experian

Besides that I have been using fashion industry vendors such as clothing manufacturers etc... I have a btq so that's what I need to run my store. Most of them report to Duns really quickly & it has helped me establish credit fairly quickly.

I think the best bet is to open credit with whomever offers goods that help your business. that way you can build credit while becoming active in your venture.

Stamba, you are right. the same places that were allowing credit without PG or no longer doing it as easily. The below is what I have found out as of now;

- Staples / will give credit if you have no negative on your Experian. no pg still

-Home depot/ only checks if you are listed in 411 & will call company phone to speak to Accounts to verify. they do not want to speak to owner. you will get approved for up to 5k on 30days net terms. after 2 months switch to revolving credit card.

-Macys/ you must have a good Experian or atleast clean file. they report to Experian. good one to have.

-UPS/ same thing...

Besides that I have been using fashion industry vendors such as clothing manufacturers etc... I have a btq so that's what I need to run my store. Most of them report to Duns really quickly & it has helped me establish credit fairly quickly.

I think the best bet is to open credit with whomever offers goods that help your business. that way you can build credit while becoming active in your venture.

Kinkos/ they will need a credit card on account. but will report quickly.

This is confusing to me.. I spoke with FedEx Office (Kinkos) and they said they do not report positive tradelines, only negative...

-UPS/ same thing...

This is confusing to me.. I spoke with FedEx Office (Kinkos) and they said they do not report positive tradelines, only negative...

blkngld, that's what they will tell you. however; they will report after 3 months. they are trying to sway away businesses using them as a tool for a quick post. the larger your shipping bill is the quicker they will post. also, take the initiative to just add them on yourself through dnb is you end up purchasing the builder.

the key at the end of the day is to have accounts with as many 30 net vendors to keep yourself legit. remember, these vendors share contact lists. soon after you will have companies seeking you to open up accounts because it will be in record that you are purchasing with their competitors.

So open the Fed Ex anyhow, it won't hurt. they won't pull any reports.

-UPS/ same thing...

blkngld, that's what they will tell you. however; they will report after 3 months. they are trying to sway away businesses using them as a tool for a quick post. the larger your shipping bill is the quicker they will post. also, take the initiative to just add them on yourself through dnb is you end up purchasing the builder.

the key at the end of the day is to have accounts with as many 30 net vendors to keep yourself legit. remember, these vendors share contact lists. soon after you will have companies seeking you to open up accounts because it will be in record that you are purchasing with their competitors.

I actually do a LOT of business through FedEx (fedex.com) and have a fairly high-tiered corporate rate. All my products are shipped next day air so it isn't hard to rack up quite a monthly bill. The way I do it now is by paying with a credit card (2% rewards of course :D) that is attached to my account. I would love to have them report my activity, but it would be a needless headache (managing FedEx invoices) if they didn't report. Are you SURE that FedEx reports?? I don't think they are quite the same as FedEx Kinkos but I hope I'm wrong. Both did give me the same line about not reporting positives.. :o

Edited by blkNgld

-UPS/ same thing...

I actually do a LOT of business through FedEx (fedex.com) and have a fairly high-tiered corporate rate. All my products are shipped next day air so it isn't hard to rack up quite a monthly bill. The way I do it now is by paying with a credit card (2% rewards of course :)) that is attached to my account. I would love to have them report my activity, but it would be a needless headache (managing FedEx invoices) if they didn't report. Are you SURE that FedEx reports?? I don't think they are quite the same as FedEx Kinkos but I hope I'm wrong. Both did give me the same line about not reporting positives.. :)

blkgnld, did you ever fill out their commericial application for credit. it looks like you have an account with them ofcourse but not a commericial account. since you do business with them already and pay on time, then you should be approved for this. It should definitly post if you have this commercial account. you will have to call them to get a appliaction faxed or emailed to you. info here : http://www.fedex.com/us/office/customersup...q/commacct.html

-UPS/ same thing...

I actually do a LOT of business through FedEx (fedex.com) and have a fairly high-tiered corporate rate. All my products are shipped next day air so it isn't hard to rack up quite a monthly bill. The way I do it now is by paying with a credit card (2% rewards of course :P) that is attached to my account. I would love to have them report my activity, but it would be a needless headache (managing FedEx invoices) if they didn't report. Are you SURE that FedEx reports?? I don't think they are quite the same as FedEx Kinkos but I hope I'm wrong. Both did give me the same line about not reporting positives.. :good:

blkgnld, did you ever fill out their commericial application for credit. it looks like you have an account with them ofcourse but not a commericial account. since you do business with them already and pay on time, then you should be approved for this. It should definitly post if you have this commercial account. you will have to call them to get a appliaction faxed or emailed to you. info here : http://www.fedex.com/us/office/customersup...q/commacct.html

I actually have a regional account executive I deal with. I called him the other day and he gave me a number to their credit dept. They were the ones that said negative on the posting. I will call them or fax the letter you provided Monday! :o

Thanks again for the insight!

B&G

-UPS/ same thing...

when you refer to experian, are you referring to personal or business credit reports??

In case someone is interested, I got lately business credit with no PG at

-Sherwin Williams

-Chevron /Texaco

-Motel 6

-Valero

-Staples

-Office Depot

-Quill

who is "first global home office". Does anyone have the app. form?

I wasn't able to find anything about them in DNB, BBB, google, or yellow pages.

Edited by greywolf

I have the app if u guys want it u have to have at least 3 trades to get approved for them they also offer secure accounts and they report to dnb and experian nice easy starter trade i guess.

What/where are they?

they supply home office needs lke office chairs, printing paper, pencils, pens anything for the office they also have secure accounts if you don not get approved for there credit they will let you secure the account with your own money i think it's worth it for the tradeline and they report whatever your limit is not what you spend.

They don't have a website, or store location? Maybe I am not searching for the correct name, do you have a link? Sounds like a good trade line.

apply over the phone (888) 819-1394

Does not sound like a real business to me...

My concern exactly.

If they do not have a website, how do you buy from them?

I would like o see their application.

where are they located?

thanks