Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Equifax removed a good-standing account!

The last post in this topic was posted 5806 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Last month I had Equifax remove two accounts that I was an authorized user on that were in poor standing (collections); I stressed that they were the ONLY 2 accounts that were in dispute. They removed them (and raised my FICO by 130 points, yay!) but also removed a jewelry store card that I've had for a few years, have paid off a few times, and am currently carrying a small balance on.

Would it help my credit to have that jeweler's card put back on there? How would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

It may just come back on when its reported again. If not if you have a recent credit report with the account on there, mail it back in and ask them to restore the account, or call the jewelry store and ask them to re-report it.

Ditto Shaw.

Similar thing happened to me. I mailed real nice letter and copy of previous report. I called about 7 days after they recieved the letter and expressed that I didn't think I should wait the normal 30 days for their error to be fixed.

Lady said no problem. I checked PG the next morning and it was back on.

Interesting, so when CRA deletes something, it doesn't get deleted but merely just being surpressed.

Sometimes tl are suppressed, not sure about when they delete or just suppress. What happens if you have a past report with the good tl, they can use your report to put info back on.

The last post in this topic was posted 5806 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.