WHY DO "YOU PEOPLE" NEED SO MUCH CREDIT???

The last post in this topic was posted 1742 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Bad news is that most of your points are either myths or just downright ridiculous. The good news is that you've come to the right credit board. Welcome. Hopefully you will stay long enough to do more reading and get educated on the facts on credit and how it is a tool not something to *fear* http://creditboards.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

Point out the myths. I have been coming here for what, I don't know 7-8 years. Long before this fancy newer forum was setup. You know back when it was just text based.

You are perpetrating bad habits, man. Take offense if you will, I am not slamming anyone. People get credit without jobs all the time. I have done it on more than one occasion. Bet you didn't know you can rent apartments without income, huh? Bet you didn't know you could take out a mortgage without income, huh? Bet you forgot that the CC application doesn't ask personal income but household huh? Got a wife? I do and she can testify to not needing a job for credit cards.

I think you're smart enough to know that available credit has nothing to do with living below, within or beyond ones means. I found CB accidentally upon a search for cc deals. I had been reading over on FW and was just in the initial stages of my credit who&^dom. I won't apologize for that. http://creditboards.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/tongue.gif For your record (and because you're full of assumptions http://creditboards.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif) - I live below my means in terms of spending. I'll be 27 in less than 2 weeks - I do not have a wife - I have a SO who does not *live* with me. I am my household - I include only my own income - which is understated in terms of taxable sources on all of my applications. Business is great.

So now what? Your assumptions of me (or my fellow CWs) are blown. My justificiation for a lot of credit is that it provides me options and plenty of them. I'm able to maximize the rewards - those pesky rules include these little annoying earning caps on them. Diversity is a wonderful thing. If a program is cut, reduced, etc, I need not scramble to find another. I already have other options in place. And, utilization is low even when my purchasing for the month is very high (again not beyond my means as I pif)

The majority of us here do not need saving from ourselves. However, if that is the case with you, then maybe you need to examine what it is that needs correcting in your personal life. Reducing, or taking the available credit will not solve those problems. You've stated you've been here a long time. That is discouraging to hear because most people who've read long enough have managed obtain their goals at CB. They've also given back. You are proving that you've not learned from or given back to CB. Because I am an eternal optimist, I believe there is still hope for you. But the first step is to stop flaming the good people here. Do more reading and make more effort to comprehend. rinse and repeat...

:good:

• 1 year later...

Short term goal: hit $500K (almost there)

Long term goal: $1M

what is the next logical or natural step-goal? 2 million? TIA. asking for a friend :lol:

We need a master thread of people's goals...

:rofl:

A collection of $100K+ cards? That should bring you into the $2M range. :angel:

My current goal is a 50K line and 500K overall (hopefully will get there within a year. Still off by a bit, but hopefully a years time will do it)

Btw, I have no CU cards... How many of you are over 500K without CU's?

My current goal is a 50K line and 500K overall (hopefully will get there within a year. Still off by a bit, but hopefully a years time will do it)

me.

CUs account for 21% of my higheravailablier

me.

Are you 1MIL + overall?

me.

Are you 1MIL + overall?

including my 2 AUs, yes.

I'm not sure why you're bragging about no CUs.

I guess you don't like giving POI.

WTF? This has nothing to do with POI.

I just don't see the use of getting into a CU.

I'm fine with my current situation as it is.

The reason I brought up CU's is because a lot of people belong to them and a good chunk of their overall limits are from there.

I like the data for non CU's consumers.

Plus CU's tend be more generous on the lines, so it's not always a fair comparison to everybody.

I don't believe the average American belongs to a CU.

And you can't provide data from this board or any other credit related board either.

Because the average American is not posting here or there.

The reason I brought up CU's is because a lot of people belong to them and a good chunk of their overall limits are from there.

Plus CU's tend be more generous on the lines, so it's not always a fair comparison to everybody.

Interesting point... 26% of my limits are from CU's . Never thought about it before... I'm not in the rarified air you heavyweights are though... barely over $200K

I'm just saying it's not really relevant.

CUs are not always more generous. SOME of the larger CUs are, and in most cases, with CUs you have to jump through more hoops including POI to get a CC.

Your profile is also not very diverse if you have no CUs. Guess who cut limits big time during the last credit crunch? Not CUs.

Edited by mendelssohn

The last post in this topic was posted 1742 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.