Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

do they really think this is funny?

The last post in this topic was posted 5280 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

over in the unreality of the dave ramsey boards...this is what goes on...

54regcab

Sun March 26, 2006 4:13 PM

I don't pay my bills, just filed BK last month. Wanting to buy a house and wonder why I'm getting raked on my interest rate.

Thread (includes a link to CB)

-------------------------

sixmaybemore

Sun March 26, 2006 4:34 PM

Oy. That made my head hurt!

randomjoe

Sun March 26, 2006 5:09 PM

Wow, nice attitude that moderator has for you Reg!

A month out of BK and he wants a great rate on a mortgage?!? Sheesh...

KSKillian1

Sun March 26, 2006 5:17 PM

What a strange forum. Who hosts it, the mortgage lender?

rahdjp

Sun March 26, 2006 5:48 PM

Nothing about the CB's surprise me. The moderator however I thought was quite harsh in his attitude towards you.

sixmaybemore

Sun March 26, 2006 6:02 PM

Wow, I didn't read all the way down the first time. The forum leader *was way harsh IMO.

miokitty

Sun March 26, 2006 6:48 PM

So explain to me how your response did not answer the original poster's question of "Can I get better?" and got the Mod's underroo's in a wad?

54regcab

Sun March 26, 2006 7:02 PM

It really looks like the wolf is in the chicken coop, The Mod gets a lot of business on the forum, a lot of it being highly profitable sub prime deals. Guess the mod might perceive my post as a potential cut into his money stream.

amglex

Sun March 26, 2006 7:04 PM

Wow! What a major overreaction by the moderator. Obviously, they are more interested in perpetuating debt than in helping people.

devonjs

Sun March 26, 2006 7:09 PM

What is BK?

robert1765

Sun March 26, 2006 8:52 PM

BK stands for bankruptcy

ehrmanmom

Sun March 26, 2006 9:01 PM

54RegCab - not that you need or are asking for "pats on the back", but I have always luved your advice in the Investing threads and thru out these forums. Sorry the salamanders only want to profit from others stupidity and not educate them. Definately Mod. doesn't have the heart of a teacher....

susan

sutibu

Sun March 26, 2006 9:24 PM

That mod seems like a jerk to me too.

I guess its not an open forum where adults can discuss topics with opposing views (or maturity) like we can here.

Steve

p.s. BTW it looks like you do a good amount of posting there as well - keep up the voice of reason!

ChocolateCreamPuff

Sun March 26, 2006 10:11 PM

gah, their website is hard to read.

Mod sounded like you were attacking the cash cow. LOL

zachnwendye

Sun March 26, 2006 10:36 PM

Aahh... Did somebaby get there feelings hurt?...... No rightous deed goes unpunished. He says YOU are the one who doesn't know about mortgages? If he thinks you won't get a better rate 1-2 yrs after filing a BK than you would 1 mo out of a BK he needs to have his greedy little head examined. No wonder America is broke!

fromma

Sun March 26, 2006 10:52 PM

I spend a lot of time at creditboards.com, too (as mcourt83). I find that if your answer doesn't fall into the general category of patting someone on the back for making terrible money management decisions, then you'll either get flamed by other posters or warned by a moderator--or both. I'm not there to antagonize, but sometimes I can't help but try to stir things up a bit. It's fun to watch them scramble to each other's defense.

Mike

navy2001

Mon March 27, 2006 3:32 AM

I spent a few minutes poking around that website and it just reeked of all that is wrong with this economy. That one poster "GEORGE" is always flaming on someone at the very mention of DR's name. Not only that, but how intelligent is it to say that because someone went bankrupt 20 years ago and is now a multimillionaire, they are not qualified to give advice? 2 million listeners seem to think otherwise....Someone else said DR doesn't yell at people for using debt wisely...That's a lie...DR's name is like a 4 letter word on that board because anyone taking the time to get that upset about the work someone else is doing, well, have fun in your poopy diaper. In a few years I'll be debt free and they'll still be trying to figure out how to beat the bank.

Here's how you beat the bank: don't play their silly credit games!

These people said they've read The Millionaire Next Door, but I guess they got nothing out of it. What a bunch of spoiled people who are offended by common sense advice. One poster said that she didn't agree with the "no credit card" thing because you needed one for emergencies because "who has thousands of dollars laying around in the bank?" I'll tell you who, people who aren't paying payments and have an adequate emergency fund. Like the idea of an emergency fund, let alone one with thousands of dollars in it, is impossible. What a headache that board is. Just a bunch of broke people making each other feel better about being broke and cursing all the rich people because they're evil.

For those of you who try to be the voice of reason over there...good on you for trying, but it's like talking to a brick wall over there.

dijital1

Mon March 27, 2006 4:38 AM

Is this guy/gal insane? They have 0 business buying a house right now. There are more "too broke to buy a house" fees tacked on there than I can keep up with. It's crazy that any reputable lending agency would finance them.

TnPinFL

Mon March 27, 2006 5:27 AM

I go on the credit boards sometimes too. Under another name of course. I have learned not to mention Dave Ramsey but I admit, I do try to subtly invoke some of Dave's principles in the topics that are being discussed.

As those of you who visit there know, this has to be done with GREAT caution. If they even think you have heard of Dave Ramsey, you are done.

Sometimes, when reading their forums, I don't know whether to laugh at their stupidity or cry because I know my tax dollars are going to be supporting them in their "retirement."

I have said this before about their forum, we should probably not go there and push Dave on them as we would not want them here pushing their bad financial advice on us.

It is kinda fun though

Edited by hegemony

Ah, pardon my ignorance, My question is already answered.

Can someone via PM please provide me with a direct link to wherever that excerpted thread is hosted? Please.

hege..............

can you tell me where the quoted excerpt is from please?

it was found on the DR site...real nice of them to make fun of people asking for mortgage advice.

Can someone via PM please provide me with a direct link to wherever that excerpted thread is hosted? Please.

You can't read there unless you PAY first Marv.

LMAO ... you gotta PAY for access to the DAVE RAMSEY site?? How do people do that? Have they found a new way to transfer cash over the internet?!? :)

They used to have a free trial but now you have to give a CC number to get the trial.

I think it's interesing that some people pretend to come here and give advice, then go back to DR site, belittle CB and our members, and admit they are only here to stir things up.

MarvBear didn't have to pay NOTHING to join this site!

They used to have a free trial but now you have to give a CC number to get the trial.

I think it's interesing that some people pretend to come here and give advice, then go back to DR site, belittle CB and our members, and admit they are only here to stir things up.

Okay now I'm confused. Ramsey is the one who preaches about "no credit, do everything with cash" right? But he wants people to use a credit card to sign up for his site? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

MarvBear didn't have to pay NOTHING to join this site!

Nor is Marv, Cargo, Breezey, LKH, or the rest of us making $8.95 a month off of anyone here, either.

I absolutely love when people complain about things they have no concept of. Of course you're going to get a bad interest rate right after a BK. You've got to do some repair first. Duh!

They really disrespect the mortgage brokers who help so many people buy the home they've wanted for so long.

Soooooooo disrespectful.

I absolutely love when people complain about things they have no concept of. Of course you're going to get a bad interest rate right after a BK. You've got to do some repair first. Duh!

And I believe that's what they were told here on this site. If you want a house now, it's gonna cost a little extra, but if you clean your credit you can refi in a couple of years on much better terms.

The DR folks would rather have this CB member paying for someone else's house via renting than paying for their own. That's not a good way to build wealth.

Exactly. If it hadn't been for a certain member on here I wouldn't have gotten my refi and saved $400/mo. He worked his butt off for me.

If it hadn't been for this board I never would have bought house #1. Now I'm on house #2.

Exactly. If it hadn't been for a certain member on here I wouldn't have gotten my refi and saved $400/mo. He worked his butt off for me.

Isn't that what's so great about CB? The willingness of others to help us when the chips are down and we feel like we're hanging by a thread kept me coming back here from the very beginning. If it wasn't for people like Cheech, ziggypop and centex, I NEVER would have gotten my defaulted SLs straightened out.

Oh boy I was mortified reading that post well at least we know who is stirring up some of the trouble around here TROLLS. I guess there foot is out of the CB door hope they have fun paying for bad advice

dijital1

Mon March 27, 2006 6:58 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that the truth... Been looking at the CB board during my shift during the night. You know it's amazing how well people think that they're doing by keeping some level of debt vs. being debt free. Other than a lending agency, I can't see why any financial counseler with a shred of common sense, would recommend debt for anything other than perhaps a home mortage. Given the risk that you incur I can't see any reason to have debt even at 0%. I was talking to a guy that I work with concerning debt and 0% financing and his argument was "but I'm not paying any interest so I get to use their money for free." He fails to see the folly/risk of commiting money that you haven't earned as yet. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing worthy of that kind of commitment is perhaps a mortgage for your personal residence.

pikesfish

Mon March 27, 2006 8:11 AM

This is truly sad . . . but quite common that people just out of bankruptcy are in a rush to run up unnecessary debt instead of learning to live on a budget and remain debt free. Too often there is a rush to purchase unnecessary items (i.e., houses, boats, cars, etc.) but the true problem has not been corrected . . . how to live on a budget. The interest rate that is being quoted is indeed a fair estimate given the fact that the individual is only a month out of bankruptcy and looking to spend $103K on the purchase of a home. I wish they had thought of that before they had their debt discharged. This is going to stay with them for a period of time . . . . not just for a home purchase but everything else.

tulie13

Mon March 27, 2006 12:49 PM

I've seen goofy stuff on the creditboards before, but I think this reaction was a bit extreme...

54regccab: "Letting the BK age a year or two would get you MUCH better terms."

Moderator: "This really has nothing to do with the OP's question. In addition, you really don't know alot about what you are talking about when it comes to mortgages. Your attitude is tolerated in the Money Management Forum, but it will not be tolerated here. If you can only make these kinds of comments, then I would strongly suggest that you not do so here. This is the only unofficial warning I will give you."

What the HECK???? What you said is plain TRUE! The moderator has no justification whatsoever for "jumping you". Maybe it doesn't "answer" the OP's question, but it certainly DOES have "something to do" with it! What a jerk!

I have found over the years that:

WATER SEEKS IT'S OWN LEVEL.

My lake is already full!

I seldom visit other sites, and must say that the excerpted portion is horridly offensive to me.

To be very very blunt and rather crude and to even violate our own terms of service I will say this.............

There was a point in my life where I couldn't buy lemonade to take a pill with.

I had to pay cash, no other choice for me.

I like many others have hopes and dreams and aspirations for a better life, a less worry free life and a less debted life.

To see that others who are members here, deliberately poke fun at and ridicule others who have dreams and aspiration for themselves makes me want to puke.

I am heartily SICK of those that come here under a disguise and ridule ANY MEMBER OF THIS BOARD ELSEWHERE whether that person be one of our regular member or cast aspersions on the character of one of the moderating team.

At this I will issue fair warning, EITHER ONE OF YOU OR THE LOT OF YOU STEP FOOT OVER IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FORUM and I will squash you like a bug.

God forbid you should live in a glass house!

I'm sick of the lot of you all.

They want you to PAY to join? :search: Not only not happening, but sounds like a HUGE contradiction to the DR handbook.

Too often there is a rush to purchase unnecessary items (i.e., houses, boats, cars, etc.)

I know, those luxuries in life like a house...how wasteful of us.

The last post in this topic was posted 5280 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.