GM employee discount price

The last post in this topic was posted 5505 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello,

My wife and I are able to get the GM discounted price (GMS price) since we have relatives that work for GM. I've got a few internet quotes and it seems to take off about $1500-2000 off the sticker price. Now, my question is how firm are they on this GM price? Is that something that I can possibly get lowered with some negotiations or are they already not making any money off of me at that price in the first place? If anyone has any experiences with negotiating an employee price, I would greatly appreciate any info or advice!! This is going to be my first time really trying to negotiate with a car dealer and I feel quite nervous about screwing up! I can remember when my wife bought a car (used) about 10 years ago and they convinced her to purchase special anti-rust magnets or something, and then sign up for cellular one car phone service (those old phones that came in a big bag!) Anyhow, thanks in advance for any advice!!

JUST TO ADD TO THIS , AND i THINK MARV AND HURRICANE ARE RIGHT , I was looking at a pontiac gto 2005 with the ls2 400horse and the sticker was 34,000 they immediately dropped to 31000 then 29500 so ask that's all I am saying some gm dealers are really in a dealing mood lately

We bought a VERY expensive SUV once and the GM discounted price was much more than the 1500-2000 that you are quoting. The sticker on what we bought was $55,000 and we paid $43,000. Actually, remembering back, I think we came out being able to use a dealer rebate on top of the discount. Anyway, we have since sold that vehicle, but we got a great deal. Good Luck!

We bought a VERY expensive SUV once and the GM discounted price was much more than the 1500-2000 that you are quoting. The sticker on what we bought was $55,000 and we paid $43,000. Actually, remembering back, I think we came out being able to use a dealer rebate on top of the discount. Anyway, we have since sold that vehicle, but we got a great deal. Good Luck!

generally in a suv of that price there is about 5k in the price not to mention HUGE rebates ... GMS is on top of that

We bought ours 2 years ago and I would think now the rebates are even bigger with the gas prices being so high. Luckily, when we sold ours, we broke even but if we had not gotten such a great deal when we bought it, we would have owed a lot more than it was worth.

we recently tried to do the same thing, that is buy an '06 suburban with a gm discount plus the rebate and in the end we got jerked around and told we were not approved anywhere, only to later find out we were. we were really PO'ed but we thought that the dealership wasn't making any money on us because of all the discounts, plus not so great auto enhanced score (600), plus our trade in, so they screwed us.

now we're in limbo, with no new vehicle and don't know what to do but pay down utilization and wait.

anyone in the biz got any input on this? does this happen when discounts and rebates are concerned??

also, how important is a "computer generated pay stub"? DH is self employed and can show 6 figs on a sched c, but after this experience we will be using ADP for these priceless paystubs they want! lol

sorry, i don't mean to hijack the thread, but i think it can be useful for people to know what dealers want and need to get the deal done. we'd really like to know where we went wrong!

TIA

we recently tried to do the same thing, that is buy an '06 suburban with a gm discount plus the rebate and in the end we got jerked around and told we were not approved anywhere, only to later find out we were. we were really PO'ed but we thought that the dealership wasn't making any money on us because of all the discounts, plus not so great auto enhanced score (600), plus our trade in, so they screwed us.

now we're in limbo, with no new vehicle and don't know what to do but pay down utilization and wait.

anyone in the biz got any input on this? does this happen when discounts and rebates are concerned??

also, how important is a "computer generated pay stub"? DH is self employed and can show 6 figs on a sched c, but after this experience we will be using ADP for these priceless paystubs they want! lol

sorry, i don't mean to hijack the thread, but i think it can be useful for people to know what dealers want and need to get the deal done. we'd really like to know where we went wrong!

TIA

I too am self employed, with both of us, 6-figure income. We didn't have to prove anything, just signed. Our credit scores were not even great 2 years ago when we bought it, I can't remember exactly but probably high 500's, low 600's. We were approved through GMAC. The dealer told us that they made very little money on the deal, plus they had to locate the car from another state. Their service was horrible after the deal. We have another luxury automobile so we knew what good service looks like. We didn't need such a big vehicle so we sold it.

I would think if you were approved, then you should still be able to get the deal, maybe use a different dealer, find out who approved it, take the money and go elsewhere.

Edited by wanttobuild

we were sooo burnt from this experience, we're still kinda in a shocked/pissed mode! I mean they wasted days of our time picking out a vehicle and then lied and said we weren't approved and that we'd "get a letter"! well, they pulled about 10 different lenders and now 17 days later we got 1 denial letter from Wells Fargo. they said gmac flat out denied us, but we didn't get a letter...?

we will definitely use another dealer, but we just don't know when to try again. are approvals really good for 30 days-even w/ another dealer? we are also trying to deal with a CU, so we're hoping to hear back today if we have a chance. we have a bk7 d/c 5 years ago that may be hurting us. on the other hand, before we got credit saavy we had scores in the 500's and got approved for auto loans with no trouble. i don't get it. i think they really want to see a paystub, too. they made a big deal about it.

• Admin

The notice of adverse action letter should be sent no later than 30 days from the date of the application if any adverse action is taken.

But by now this thread has gotten off topic.

It is about employee pricing please.

The employee price is the employee price. The dealer cant even charge DOC fee on top on it. If there are any rebates you get them or the special financing. You can finance the vehicle anywhere you want or pay cash. you can even lease it but the price or cap cost (lease) HAS to be the employee price. The dealer gets reimbursed cash so they are making a profit on the vehicle so they dont care who you are financing with although they wouldnt mind with them.

ok, getting back to employee pricing...

if anyone is interested- the gm employee discount on an '06 suburban is $7886 plus a rebate going on now(in the northeast for sure) for another $5000!

discount is based on MSRP discount WILL vary. rebate may or may not depending on trim level.

The last post in this topic was posted 5505 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.