Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Is Fed Ex-UPS-USPS Express Mail as good as CMRRR?

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Actually fedex and ups wont deliver to po boxes, so is the post offices next day Express Mail as good to use as cmrrr?

is it as strong as cmrrr if you ended up in court?

USPS Express Mail you can request signature proof of delivery and it has tracking.

I know it costs more than cmrrr but if one were willing to pay the extra to get it their quickly, are there any drawbacks to this?

Experts?

Interestingly enough, the guy at my local post office told me you can do a "delivery comfirmation" for only 50 cents, and it is the same thing as cert. mail. It just has to be 3/4 inch thick. Maybe I should do it that way and send them in cigarette boxes or something. I could save myself enough money after 3 or 4 letters to buy another pack. LMOA

To the CRA's I just send cert. mail. No RR. I just print the page online that shows the letter was delivered.

To CA's, I send CMRRR, ALWAYS. I sometimes add restricted delivery to a specific person (collections manager, CEO, whoever responed to my DV, etc.) if I am nearing filing a lawsuit and it is the 3rd or 4th letter to them.

Interestingly enough, the guy at my local post office told me you can do a "delivery comfirmation" for only 50 cents, and it is the same thing as cert. mail. It just has to be 3/4 inch thick. Maybe I should do it that way and send them in cigarette boxes or something. I could save myself enough money after 3 or 4 letters to buy another pack. LMOA

To the CRA's I just send cert. mail. No RR. I just print the page online that shows the letter was delivered.

To CA's, I send CMRRR, ALWAYS. I sometimes add restricted delivery to a specific person (collections manager, CEO, whoever responed to my DV, etc.) if I am nearing filing a lawsuit and it is the 3rd or 4th letter to them.

I asked about using one of the delivery or signature confirmations once and all the veterans said "no way", certified only

I have had great results with cert. mail, so I am not going to change things up. I was just posting it because it was mentioned to me as another option from the post office guy.

maybe some day when I need to send them a letter to waste their time, and not neccessarily get something done, I will try it. All of the letters I send these days are to important to try something new. Just my .02

all the experts will tell you use USPS CMRRR and nothing else

I know, but I dont know why. Why isn't Express Mail that has tracking and signature proof of delivery not as good.

I understand these methods are tried and true, but the question is-what is it about cmrrr that is stronger than Express Mail w/ tracking & proof of delivery?

I'm sure some will think, "Hey this is how it's done, if you dont want to take the advice then suffer the consequences" but I am trying to educate myself about this and simply following instructions without knowing WHY isn' the best way to learn.

I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel. I just would like to know why cmrrr is better than the way i described above.

I do not think it is better. But I do know that it works for me. I think as long as you can document it well, it doesn't really make a difference. JMO

all the experts will tell you use USPS CMRRR and nothing else

I know, but I dont know why. Why isn't Express Mail that has tracking and signature proof of delivery not as good.

I understand these methods are tried and true, but the question is-what is it about cmrrr that is stronger than Express Mail w/ tracking & proof of delivery?

I'm sure some will think, "Hey this is how it's done, if you dont want to take the advice then suffer the consequences" but I am trying to educate myself about this and simply following instructions without knowing WHY isn' the best way to learn.

I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel. I just would like to know why cmrrr is better than the way i described above.

the experts know why, but from what I gather Certified mail holds some kind of legal weight in a sense.....traditionally it's used in things like custody hearings for divorce cases,etc.

you're right nowadays you can get tracking without using certified mail, I think it's more of the recognized legal precedence of using certified mail

I mean I'm sure if you had proof of delivery for some priority mail it would work if you had to go to court..........but I think the legal people on here will tell you certified mail is best

something like that*

Good point, and now that I think about it, the rules of civil procedure allow for somebody to be served by USPS Certified Mail. That is the only exception to personal delivery. HMMMM. I forgot about that.

Good point, and now that I think about it, the rules of civil procedure allow for somebody to be served by USPS Certified Mail. That is the only exception to personal delivery. HMMMM. I forgot about that.

i don't know anything about the law, but I'm sure that's what the experts will say that's the reason......for legal purposes

but I think it's not good to yell at newbies "you must use certified mail!!!"

because if the only time you need certified mail is if you're going to drag somebody into court........as active as all of the people are on CB it's probably less than 5% who ever go to court

so it does seem kinda silly to tell a newbie "you'll need documentation for the court room!"

even if you don't want to go to court.....I think it's more of a thing to just let the CA's know what you're doing and that you're playign hardball

Edited by ufjoe21

You should always assume that you may end up in court, even if you do not want to. They may decide to sue you and your paper trail will be the only thing 90% of the time that will cover your flowers.

even if you don't want to go to court.....I think it's more of a thing to just let the CA's know what you're doing and that you're playign hardball

it seems more like you are tipping your hand

You should always assume that you may end up in court, even if you do not want to. They may decide to sue you and your paper trail will be the only thing 90% of the time that will cover your flowers.

I agree, but you have a paper trail with Express Mail also.

I appreciate both of your opinions on this...anyone else have any specific reasons cmrrr is better?

Here is my take on the reason to some of the whys?

Why not UPS, FedEx or DHL?

Several letters mention that it is illegal to commit fraud using the USPS, so this ensures that your option is kept open if later on down the road the matter should be taken to a different letter, since the USPS is a Federal Agency and the rest are private.

Why CMRRR instead of Express Mail or Delivery Confirmation?

Regarding Express Mail with the USPS, I am sure it would hold up in court, however, keep in mind that the cost is more than $14.00 per letter, as well as it draws to much attention to your letter and appears desperate. There are times that we may be, but it is important that we do not show it.

Now about delivery confirmation, while it provides the information online after the item is delivered, it does not provide a signature if it should happen to be misplaced. I have used delivery confirmation before when sending money orders for eBay, and the accuracy of the delivery confirmation is in need of much improvement; not to mention that it must be in a box at least a 1/2" thick.

So I will continue to use CMRRR for cost, effective and efficiency purposes, because it works and makes sense; as it is also nice to have a name of the person that signed for it, as a reference for the case of we have no idea of what you are talking about should hit the fan.

Edited by Special K

WELL SAID!

BUT DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT YOUR LETTER BEING MORE LIKELY TO RECIEVE THE "FRIVOLOUS" TREATMENT FROM THE CRA'S?

I HAD READ FROM THOSE MORE EXPERIENCED THAT THIS IS MORE LIKELY WITH CMRRR, AS COMPARED TO JUST CM.

Edited by SURFJ9009

Prior to finding CB I would use online or call them in. It was a lack of patience thing with me. While I did not have great success I did have some. Mind you I would dispute the same accounts (medical billed wrong insurance paid) over and over and over, about every other month. Although the dispute was for the wrong reasons as I did not know better at the time, I had even deleted a Judgment from EX.

I have found a much greater success with CMRRR as the CA's and JDB's cannot wiggle out of we did not receive it, like they did when they said they sent me notification, but to an address that was not mine.

The CRA's, I think the CMRRR or CM is a matter of personal preference, and well this is all about CYA so I send CMRRR to the CRA's as well, after all mail to and from Alaska is run on a much slower country small town kind of pace, at least outside of Anchorage anyways.

I read a post that without the card to prove that someone at the CRA received it they would not have been able to get the TL’s deleted due to no response. Lady Luck does not like to hang around me, so I make my own and CMRRR everything put non-pp’s, it CM them.

By the way (knocking on wood) I have yet to receive one of those "Frivolous" letters even with all of my disputes. I do think it is important to dispute everything in one letter with a CRA. Do it and get it done.

WELL SAID!

BUT DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT YOUR LETTER BEING MORE LIKELY TO RECIEVE THE "FRIVOLOUS" TREATMENT FROM THE CRA'S?

I HAD READ FROM THOSE MORE EXPERIENCED THAT THIS IS MORE LIKELY WITH CMRRR, AS COMPARED TO JUST CM.

Edited by Special K

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.