Welcome New Members!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone!   I am not a new member but its been a few years since I been on the board. A little bit about my journey. When I first joined my scores were in the 500's and with the combin

Hello all,   I’ve joined the community because I’d like to get advice on the proper and smart way to get 4-5 credit cards this year to take advantage of the cash back rewards and points.

Hey everyone,    Looking forward to building good habits and fixing the mess I've made!

I'm not new...let's just say 'refreshed'.  Joined CB about a decade ago and started me on my credit journey.  Weathered a couple financial storms as a business owner and looking to strengthen my credit profile as my wife and I ride into the sunset of Financial Independence.  Great to be back and see many familiar faces (usernames) and sadden by the lost of Breeze and others.    No longer an AMEX cheerleader.  :D

Hi from GA! I stumbled across this site when I was reading an article about which credit granting companies use Experian credit checks. It seems like my Experian CS is always much higher than my other two CS.

looking forward to all the wealth of information this forum and members have to offer.

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new.

I have had health difficulties but that has now been reduced significantly.

My situation is not a matter of repairing credit, I need to get credit. I have been doing nothing related to credit for a long time. My VantageScore is about 700 and my payment history is excellent but there is nothing much in my history older than 6 months. I do not have a FICO score and that is what I need to ask about. I will provide details in a separate thread.

I will begin receiving Social Security in a week. I expect to be purchasing a home soon, hopefully with a VA loan. As best as I know, I must have a FICO score.

I am a computer programmer that has been programming and doing computer stuff for half a century. At least I am extensively familiar with forums.

I have some corrections and suggestions for your Credit Glossary - what all those terms mean - Beginner's Credit Information. IP should be defined as in Internet Protocol - Wikipedia. For Internet Provider, I assume your intent is to refer to Internet service provider - Wikipedia (ISP); Internet Provider is ambiguous. Also, it might be appropriate to add SSN and possibly the corresponding acronym SS (not the Schutzstaffel and that is probably why people do not use the acronym SS). Most people of course already know what a SSN is. And tl;dr is something new that I think did not exist in 2003.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After a costly divorce and a decade of child support I have low credit scores (552 Trans and 621 Equifax) but fortunately I have a healthy income (85k) and would like to invest in the stock market and real estate by the end of the year.   I'm excited to revamp my future trajectory and any encouragement or pointers I will appreciate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... I'm a former member but couldn't remember my old user name or what email I used, so I signed up anew. I was active (well, I read a ton, only posted a little) in 2004 and 2005. The kind folks on here helped me get from 613 EQ/577 EX/596 TU in 2003 to 669/694/694 in 2005. 

I'm preparing to sell one house (primary residence) and to refinance the other one (currently rented), so I'm back to focusing on getting my credit in order (hence the user name... 2nd time's the charm!). I'm currently at 718 EQ/715 EX/718 TU with ~35K in CC debt (41% util) which could be paid off when the first house sells. Looking forward to diving back in... and figuring out how to effectively search the board for current balance transfer strategies (BT% didn't work for me).  🙂

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a super long time since I’ve been on here. It’s a little overwhelming in fact due to the growth. I’m in dual mode and correct me if I am taking the wrong approach.

Previously I made some bad decisions and racked up debt, which went into collections, and some were CO. I recently looked at my credit and all 3 are in the 550’s. I’ve paid my collection accounts and now I don’t have any CL except one small credit card and a credit builder loan.

I know it’s going to take time. However, is a Secured Card the best way to boost credit? Are there card offers out there that even look at a 550 Fico?

*Thanks in advance and I apologize as I know I am supposed to search the forums first but I wasn’t having any luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk