Welcome New Members!

Sadeyes

Hello,

Happy to be here! Question: is this the appropriate section for newbies to post an introduction thread? If not, my apologies.

I am in the process of preparing records to file bankruptcy along with my wife: Chapter 7. The plan is that we are going to file our case pro se, then obtain an attorney to complete a majority of the paperwork/ schedules and show up for the 341 Hearing.

My primary interest in joining is to contribute what I have learned over the years dealing with creditors and credit bureaus; to pass along my experience so that others will not make the same mistakes I have. Of course, I am also here to learn from you fine people as well. I am also interested in bank relationships and privacy issues. Most recently, I was a member of chexsystemsvictoms.com until the site went dark a few months back.

My wife's and my financial house deteriorating has been a long time coming for a plethora of reasons. Specifically: poor planning, inconsistent employment history, being self-employed with periods of no receivables, lack of savings, etc. Our combined debt will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 325K that we are discharging. We also have about 30K in personal loans from friends and family that we are either not going to list or list and then re-affirm those debts. Hope that there is no judgement here yet it is one thing to absolve a debt to a financial institution. It is another to stick it to friends and family... I simply will not do that.

With respect to the debts we are discharging, interestingly only about 30% is appearing on our credit bureaus (active, closed, charged-off, assigned to collections, etc.). We are curious if the remaining debts will appear on our bureaus once we list them on our matrix of creditors and file our case.

Our plan post-dischage is to begin to re-build our credit histories and of course never make the same mistakes again.

Warmest,

MB

• Admin

Welcome!! Post your specific questions in the various sections designated for those items, such as bk forum, auto finance, mortgage, etc. If not sure, post in the main credit forum and if there's a better place for it, mods will be alerted so they can move it for you. We use "report" as a means of communication, not necessarily something bad.

Hey,

I'm 26 years old, have a 750 credit score and own my own home. Ive got roughly $25,000 available in unsecured credit, but I only ever put things on credit when I stand to gain financially from it. I know I'm young, but I've spent a numerous amount of time researching many financial things and am pretty good at saving, investing and using leverage responsibly.

Last year, my wife and I bought a second house with 25% down we rent out and it has positive cash flow of about $250 per month. The power if credit/leverage a compounding interest is amazing and somehow my research brought me hear.

I was both amazed and disturbed my many posts here and hopefully I can provide some information to those in need of help.

Hey,

I'm 26 years old, have a 750 credit score and own my own home. Ive got roughly $25,000 available in unsecured credit, but I only ever put things on credit when I stand to gain financially from it. I know I'm young, but I've spent a numerous amount of time researching many financial things and am pretty good at saving, investing and using leverage responsibly.

Last year, my wife and I bought a second house with 25% down we rent out and it has positive cash flow of about $250 per month. The power if credit/leverage a compounding interest is amazing and somehow my research brought me hear.

I was both amazed and disturbed my many posts here and hopefully I can provide some information to those in need of help.

Are you here to save us from becoming Credit Pimps who never carry balances? :rofl: Edited by mendelssohn

Hey,

Are you here to save us from becoming Credit Pimps who never carry balances? :rofl:

Save us Frok. :rofl:

• Admin

typo police? :rofl:

I thought it was funny. :beee::rofl:

BDK is too slow. I had already fixed the typo on my phone while he was looking for the S key. :rofl::P

I'm still going thru my 2,225 CB emails from this weekend! :swoon:

Did you subscribe to the credit forum? I told Pam to remove the link for that. :D It really ticks people off to get all those notices and they can't figure out why.

BDK is too slow. I had already fixed the typo on my phone while he was looking for the S key. :rofl::P

Did you subscribe to the credit forum? I told Pam to remove the link for that. :D It really ticks people off to get all those notices and they can't figure out why.

No, no, just subscribed threads. Some of the threads that I'm subscribed to had a FLURRY of activity this weekend. That and I might have exaggerated a little on 2,225. :blush::D

• Admin

No, no, just subscribed threads. Some of the threads that I'm subscribed to had a FLURRY of activity this weekend. That and I might have exaggerated a little on 2,225. :blush::D

Well, don't ever subscribe to the credit forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm a newbie here & hoping I can continue to learn more about credit from different forums. I've been rebuilding for a year, & looking to broaden my horizon. I come read here at times, & I'm always using CreditPulls for decisions. I've decided to join, & hope I can continue receiving helpful information as well as offer information from my own experience to the ones who ask.

I went from having (3) toy limit cards, $500, $750, $1800 in Dec.2013 when I joined mF community. At present, I have (13) cards, + (1) LOC w/NFCU totally $109,000 in available credit. Thanks to forums like these, & mF. My goal is to reach $200K, if my profile & income support it.

I'm looking to continue being successful with apps, & hope my scores jump pass 760 before middle of 2015. :grin:

Hello all, I'm a newbie here & hoping I can continue to learn more about credit from different forums. I've been rebuilding for a year, & looking to broaden my horizon. I come read here at times, & I'm always using CreditPulls for decisions. I've decided to join, & hope I can continue receiving helpful information as well as offer information from my own experience to the ones who ask.

I went from having (3) toy limit cards, $500, $750, $1800 in Dec.2013 when I joined mF community. At present, I have (13) cards, + (1) LOC w/NFCU totally $109,000 in available credit. Thanks to forums like these, & mF. My goal is to reach $200K, if my profile & income support it.

I'm looking to continue being successful with apps, & hope my scores jump pass 760 before middle of 2015. :grin:

Welcome -- you're among "fiends" here! :lol: Looking forward to seeing you join in the fun/work around here. :wave: