Sadeyes

Welcome New Members!

:P Hello I am also a newbie and very glued to this sight. I need feed back. I have been trying to self repair my credit for the past year and I just run into deadends. My credit was ruined during my divorce 9 years ago and I am still feeling the harshness of it. I had just graduated from school and had student loans galore, I was jobless, the mother of 2 and alone. At the time I really didn't care about the future. My student loans defaulted and when I did try to repair myself with the student loan corporation, they would not cooperate. They basically wanted more monthly than I made as a 3rd grade teacher. On my credit report, the loans were reported as defaulted in August 2000. about 2 weeks ago, I sent all 3 bureaus a dispute, disputing the loans due to the time frame of being reported. I asked for the verificaton of any negative information (especially student loans) to be sent to me along with the results of my disputes. Within one week I received emails from equifax and tranunion updating my student loan accounts saying that the creditor had sent proof of account. I have received nothing from equifax as any proof and transunion sent me a letter today stating that they could not send proof because it was stored in their records and they do not provide dispute verification received from creditors and that I need to contact my creditors. Well, I have contacted the US Department of Education several times over the past 6 months and they have sent nothing proving that the accounts are mine. I asked for a copy of the promissory note about 6 weeks ago and it wasn't sent. What should I do???? I really would love to pay the loans off and sleep as an honest person at night but I'm afraid if I try to rehabilitate now - I will be haunted with this until I die. HELP ME SOMEONE!!!

Welcome!

You should start your own thread in the main credit forum. Go here http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2 then scroll all the way down to the bottom. On the bottom right of the page there is a button that says "new topic" - click it, and type your questions there. That should help you get started posting where people will see it and you will get answers.

I just found these boards today when I was looking for info on Ray Reynolds. It looks like a lot of good info hear. :aggressive::grin:

I just found these boards today when I was looking for info on Ray Reynolds. It looks like a lot of good info hear. :grin::)

Hay CB is there any way to support this fourm. $$$$ I haven't read much yet but if the info is as good as I've seen I would support.

Rattler :rofl:

I just found these boards today when I was looking for info on Ray Reynolds. It looks like a lot of good info hear. :):angry:

Hay CB is there any way to support this fourm. $$$$ I haven't read much yet but if the info is as good as I've seen I would support.

Rattler :D

Thanks!

CB is supported financially by members using our links (see the shop icon up at the top right), and google adsense.

Of course the best support is your participation. Without members posting good info, CB wouldn't be anything but some equipment and software. :lol:

I can't find my first post!!!

Click on "my assistant" it will find your posts for you.

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to say HI :offtopic:, I found these forums about a week ago and I'm so glad I did because I really need the help! There is so much information to process so I hope everyone can bear with me while I sort through it all! I can't wait to get to know everyone, and everything else, better! Thanks so much to the site owners for this, it's a really great resource :lol:

I should have said "hello" before I posted for the first time (how rude of me), but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here. I am in a bind right now, which was completely my fault. I owe capital 1 $1,259, for a credit card I opened in 2004. It is my last bit of debt, the rest of which has been taken care of, though I am finding out, in incorrect ways. Apparently Cap 1, and thier attorneys, Hayt, Hayt and Landau have sent a person to my old address to serve me with papers for a judgement. I'm not a Florida resident anymore, as I now live in Illinois, and have for almost the past year. The people who live at my old residence are friends of mine, so they told me (a week later, heh) that someone was there to serve me, but naturally would not give them any information. Bottom line...I want to pay them and settle this, but I'm scared now to contact them, as I know it can be usesd against me. I posted my problem in the "help, I've been served" section, and the help so far has been awesome. I've read through the credit 101 and terms sections 10 times now, and am finding the best info here. Thank you all sooo much for being helpful and approachable!

Hi Everyone!

Hi Breeze and all the other Admins!

B)

I found this site from a special interest board I am a member of. We were discussing FICO scores, and someone posted a link to CB.com raving about how much good info was here. I visited this site for the first time yesterday, and registered today because I am soo very excited to gain valuable tips on improving my credit score.

Initially, I started reading over the thread to find info that I can pass to my BF, his score is in the mid-500's and before we decide to get married, I want to help him get his financial situation under control. However, in the midst of that, I found a LOT of info that even helps me!! I have about 8 accounts open & active, all in good standing, with no history of ever having late payments. In addition to that, I have an auto loan and student loans in the thousands. My credit scores range from 705-720 as of June 23, 2007.

Right now I have no 'Baddies', however my credit score went from 735 down to what it is now. According to the monitor service associated with one of my credit cards, its due to 2 things:

1. The proportion of balances to credit limits on your revolving/charge accounts is too high.

2. The time since your most recent account opening is very recent.

So those are the things I will be working on right now. Other than that, I can't wait to roll up my sleeves and get down and dirty with it :rofl: . Thanks for a great site!! :)

Hello. I have posted before introducing myself, what was I thinking?

I found this board via a link from startup nation while trying to find out how to build my business credit. I have found a wealth of information not only for my business, but also the personal side of my life. This has got to be one of the most informative sites I have came across in a very long time.

BTW, how long do I have to wait before my posts no longer have to be approved?

Thank you.

Not too long. It helps keep the bad guys off the board. Consider it your first "contribution to helping others" since our motto is "pay it forward."

You newbs be patient, and we all get to live without bad guys, spambots, and regular old spammers.

Not too long. It helps keep the bad guys off the board. Consider it your first "contribution to helping others" since our motto is "pay it forward."

You newbs be patient, and we all get to live without bad guys, spambots, and regular old spammers.

I fully understand, I run a forum on my company website.

just thought id add here its kind of odd that i opted out today and when i refreshed my CR i now see a

"Equifax: FRAUD VICTIM. "INITIAL ALERT". CONSUMER HAS REQUESTED AN ALERT BE PLACED ON THEIR CREDIT FILE. CONSUMER DID NOT PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

on TC i did not call EQ though? so the only thing i could think of that would cause this is the opting out... any ideas?

i also had EX remove some of my addy's that were mine but i said were not mine... maybe that?

:)

Edited by Mike...

Hello all,

I found this place through Yahoo! Answers. I was reading a question someone had asked about credit and one of the responders linked CB. I've spent a few hours reading through various topics here and there is a whole lot of information to digest! However, I think I can glean alot of good information and tips from CB so I'm sure I'll be a repeat visitor. I'll share my story on the main board.

Cheers,

Andrew :rofl:

Hi everybody,

I am new here. How long do I have to wait before I can create my own topic? I need some advice on how to battle a problem w/ my wife's credit - her CC account has been discharged and turned over to collections without us knowing about it. OC doesn't want to deal with her and CA just wants the money. I tried to search for something relevant on this forum but couldn't find the information for my situation. Thanks in advance.

Kostyan

Hello everyone:

I'm glad I was referred to this forum. I self-recovered from BK seven years ago, but recently ran into a speed-bump of sorts. I want to consolidate all my debt, cut up my cards, and work on becoming debt free. This site is amazing and I know it will help me reach my goals.

Hello, I am new here also. Could someone tell me how to post, it keeps saying "You do not have permission to post in welcome"

Best regards,

Me-Me

Hi everyone: :D

WOW! :lol: This website is absolutely amazing!! :lol: I found it through Yahoo! Answers. There is so much information and many useful resources.

My DH & I both have damaged credit and would like to repair it. I want to learn how to be more responsible with credit and money management. In the next few months we would like to buy a car and try to get a house. I know at this point it's not possible but that's my goal!

I have already read lots of the NEWBIE section and will continue reading. I think DOC's transcripts are priceless. I've already learned the search button is my friend and don't be afraid to ask questions (that's the only way to get help).

I can't wait to get to know everyone! Thank you admins & everyone who contributes helpful info to this site!!! :dntknw::grin:

JIELA :)

:blush2: I luv this site

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently pulled my credit reports from the CRA's and found that I have a collection from 2004. I have no knowledge of this account so after calling around to verify, I finally found that it was actually a bill for me while in HIGH SCHOOL. It was to be billed to my mother, but since the OC and CA could not contact her at the time, they billed me because I had just turned 18 three months prior. This item is killing my credit score. What are my options (if any) for a deletion?

Also, I had a cc account and one month I was 30 days late because I never received the bill. I paid the balance but the CCC reported the negative item. Later the company was sold and new account numbers were issued. Now another negative has appeared on my credit report (two for the same account). How can I get these negative and the collections off my report?

I did opt out, but how do I delete old addresses?

Thank you in advance

:blush2: I luv this site

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently pulled my credit reports from the CRA's and found that I have a collection from 2004. I have no knowledge of this account so after calling around to verify, I finally found that it was actually a bill for me while in HIGH SCHOOL. It was to be billed to my mother, but since the OC and CA could not contact her at the time, they billed me because I had just turned 18 three months prior. This item is killing my credit score. What are my options (if any) for a deletion?

Also, I had a cc account and one month I was 30 days late because I never received the bill. I paid the balance but the CCC reported the negative item. Later the company was sold and new account numbers were issued. Now another negative has appeared on my credit report (two for the same account). How can I get these negative and the collections off my report?

I did opt out, but how do I delete old addresses?

Thank you in advance

Welcome! Sounds like maybe this is a medical bill? If so, you should post your question in the medical debts forum here http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=39 - if it is not a mdeical bill, post it in the main credit forum. That's here http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2 scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, you will see a button that says "new topic" = click it, and type out your question.

Very pleased to find this sight. I've been trying to improve my credit for about 5 years and I get so far and then hit a wall. Hopefully I can apply the tools that I learn here to get a home loan in the near future. Thanks to all the founders and administrators, this is a valuable service you are providing.

Hey, im kinda sorta new. Actually, I have another screen name but I forgot what it was so I'm starting over again. My plan is to stay focused and be debt free in 2yrs 3tops(cause something always comes up)I've already start attacking my bills and have everything in a spreadsheet. By my 40th bday (in 4yrs) i hope to have enough $$ for a vacation/retirement home.

Hello! I have been reading through the posts, and this is the place for me! thank you all for the advice, and info.