Sadeyes

Welcome New Members!

New here

I'm not sure what would be my approximate of a FICO score as i do not live in the united states,nor am i a resident. Nevertheless some background. I'm 22 years old, got my first credit card card at 18 (college-affiliated Gold Visa). Then a Citi secured in the US, and this month i got 2 Black MasterCards in my country. Pay always in time and pretty much have been responsible over my expenses. I use my credit cards from time to time, only when necessary. Never let a payment slip the due date and manage small to medium amounts. i.e - Usually i charge <10% of the card's credit limit. When high rolling, once a year i charge up to 40% of the card's limit when traveling abroad. Each month i pay much more than the minimum balance, and that's about it. Oh yeah, i'm female.

I've been lurking/reading for awhile, but finally decided to register. I have to say, I am a bit discouraged that I attempted to implement many of the techniques on this board with no success so far. Many of my CMRRR letters were returned, others received responses that say that they are required by law to report to the agency, etc... I know this is not true, but when you try to reach anyone in person to make a request, they indicate they don't have the ability to delete something from the credit report.

My worst account is my student loan, which I have decided is the last thing I will try to fix. I have tried asking Ford to delete a single late payment from 2006, no luck. Asked HSBC to delete a single late payment from 2006 - no luck. Asked Equifax to remove PO Box addresses because of risk of Identity Theft - no luck.

Most of my late payments are old except the student loan (which has been on time for 6 months straight now). I do have a bankruptcy from 2003, and I know that it will stay until 2013, so obviously can do nothing about that.

I just want to be able to trade in my gas guzzling truck for a smaller, more fuel efficient car, at a decent rate. My truck is at 14% through Capital One, but unfortunately, Capital One will not take into account when you apply for an auto loan that you will be trading in the current vehicle, and that debt will go away. It assumes you are keeping the vehicle you have, and asking to buy another one, therefore increasing your DTIR, and making the offered interest rate high.

My home loan has a single late payment, more than a year ago, for 10 years of mortgage coverage through Chase Home Finance.

I will try to resend Goodwill letters in a few months, and also keep trying to call the creditors, hoping to get someone who has a heart and will erase some of these single incident late payments.

I have several revolving accounts, some at close to the limit, and others that are well less than 50% of the credit limit.

Any advice that anyone has on maybe a more successful outcome of getting some old things removed would be much appreciated.

Current FICO is 602.

Hi All! I'm MikaBoo. I stumbled upon this board after looking for tips on bank loan tiers (planning to buy new car one day. LOL). yahoo.gif I've been plagued with old credit issues for the last 15 years and I really want to get past them. I hate that I've repaid a lot of debt years ago but old paid tuff keeps popping up on my CRAs and lowering my score. Needless to say it has caused a lot of frustration, anger, and tears. I hope to learn a lot from this board and meet one great people. I love learning new things!

You're in the right place. We believe in killing zombie debts for good. Putting them on your reports is illegal.

I'm new here too. Don't know why exactly I joined on Christmas Eve, but I've been a lurker for long enough now, haha!

Hi! I've lurked here for about six months. Just decided to sign up today for no reason at all. This board is awesome.

I'm 22 so I'm just reading through everything and learning about so many things that I should be aware of and how to deal with issues that I had no idea even existed.

Thanks!!

Hey everyone, just found this board a week ago while searching online on ways to repair my credit. I have been hooked ever since, been reading a lot of info everyday & hopefully will be sending my first letter next week . My new years resolution is to pay all my bills on time and to bring my credit score to 700 in the next two years & also to have much better credit cards than first premier, orchard. Thanks.

I'm here as another step pushing forward with my new life after the loss of my marriage of nearly 20 years, business, and home (foreclosure).

I'm not sure how or where to begin getting life back on track but I do know I can no longer keep going like I have been and this seemed like just the place to begin rebuilding for a new financial foundation for myself.

:cry2:

~Z~

Hello,

I came across this board through google, and instantly fell in love. I never knew it was other people in the world that was obsessed with credit, and holding banks accountable like myself.

P.S. I am going through a "Quite Title" Lawsuit with may mortgage company and I plan to post as I go along, an assist some others that might not have the $6k-$8k in attorney fees it is costing me. So if you have questions feel free to ask me and I will try to help if I can.grin.gif

I'm here as another step pushing forward with my new life after the loss of my marriage of nearly 20 years, business, and home (foreclosure).

I'm not sure how or where to begin getting life back on track but I do know I can no longer keep going like I have been and this seemed like just the place to begin rebuilding for a new financial foundation for myself.

:cry2:

~Z~

Welcome! You're among friends. :)

Hi, new here. Excited to learn the process. I've been reading over the forum for a few months, but there is so much! I'm sending off my first validation letter...so really nervous about how this will turn out. Step by step and one day at a time.

Thanks to the entire forum for the information and experiences shared freely. I am praying this year will be the year we take control and change our finances and get where we should be for our kids' sakes.

I am new to this site however very optimistic based solely on the little bit I've been exposed to.

Hello:

I'm Jamie from CA. I am working on rebuilding credit. I had a BK, discharged in Aug 2010. I would really like to buy a home this year.

I still need to curb my addiction for applying for things. I've got more than enough cards/credit after rebuilding and don't wanna get in that trap. I work full time and go to school, working on my RN. Hoping to learn some tips, tricks and advice. Credit Score - maybe 650??

Welcome to CreditBoards!

Please begin by reading the rules of the forum and some posting tips (read only, no questions here):

Board Rules, Tips and Tricks

Here is basic reference material (read only no questions here):

Beginner's Credit information

When you are ready to join in the discussion, or have a question to ask, please join in our discussion forums!

Discussion Forums

You will find forums specific to general credit questions, automotive financing, mortgages, money management and bankrupcy. Additionally there is a forum for general (off-topic) discussion.

Please select the forum appropriate to your questions.

Thank you very much!! I have alot to learn and this site has me in awe! :clapping:

Hi, my name is Alana, I live in Florida and I have finally gotten the motivation to clean up my awful credit report. I have really learned a lot just from browsing the site and was referred here by my boyfriend, who used the site to clean his credit up. I look forward to learning a lot and hopefully making some head way on my credit.

Welcome to CreditBoards!

Please begin by reading the rules of the forum and some posting tips (read only, no questions here):

Board Rules, Tips and Tricks

Here is basic reference material (read only no questions here):

Beginner's Credit information

When you are ready to join in the discussion, or have a question to ask, please join in our discussion forums!

Discussion Forums

You will find forums specific to general credit questions, automotive financing, mortgages, money management and bankrupcy. Additionally there is a forum for general (off-topic) discussion.

Please select the forum appropriate to your questions.

Thank you very much!! I have alot to learn and this site has me in awe! :clapping:

This place is a wealth of information. Thank you to all who have taken the time to contribute. You are appreciated more than you know!

Hey there.

New guy here. 30 Year old Finance Manager at a dealership. I work with credit reports and scores every day, so it's pretty important to me.

I've personally had very poor credit and currently have excellent credit. I consider my personal credit score to be sort of a hobby. I'm not afraid to use credit to get the things I want, nor am I afraid to experiment a bit on my credit to see how different actions affect it.

I'll look forward to talking to the other members that share this "hobby" and hopefully sharing & gaining some knowledge along the way.

Hello all!!!!! Ive been lurking around for awhile after being referred here by a friend from work (bless her lol) and need to get more active. Ive come a long way from having horrible credit, but its not the best either. I am in the low 500's (and yes thats after being in the mid 400's! yikes!!!) and am obsessed with getting it as high as possible. Thanks so much for everything on here!!!!