Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Hooters and Merrick Bank

The last post in this topic was posted 4824 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Well I was denied.... :(

Which actually surprises me considering the scores of some others that have been approved.. Has any one one luck with a reconsider?

Funny you ask.. according to TC I have:

INQUIRIES (2 years): TU 37 EX 49 EQ 82

Only 4 are since 9/2005.

Yet on Myfico.com I have:

TU: 21 and EX: 30 (not sure on EQ).

So I am not sure who to believe. :good:

I'm thinking that TC reports soft pulls in this number. They report me having 21, and there is no way I've had that many. Anyone else have this experience?

TC will list on my TC CR INQ's that:

1) are older than the 12 months, even though it says 'INQ's in past 12 mo's'. :)

&

2) Not counted in FICO, IE Choicepoint, etc. :P

edit=typo

BTW: TC lists what INQ's they are counting in the total toward the bottom of the page, there you could see if any that are really Softs on actual hard copy CR are being counted/listed as Hards on TC. :stop:

Edited by RacieRacer

I have had my Hooters MC for a couple of weeks now and it still isn't reporting on any cr :glare:

Did anyone see a major change in score after Hooters started reporting?

Got the 7 day wait notice when I applied and then got mail the other day which had a card in it. No notice, just sent me the card 7 days later.

APR wasn't too bad 13.45%, no fee's.. just low limit due to lack of income right now (grad school).

CL: 600

The points thing on this card isn't too bad. With Orchard, which has the secondary Car Rental Ins., is a decent combo.

TU: 720, no baddies on TU.. wish that was true for EX and EQ.

It's finally reporting on EQ and yesterday I got my first bill!!! I also got the pin number for cash advances!!

I STILL DON'T HAVE THE CARD!!!! :D:dntknw:

Odd.... very odd.

I was declined a month and a half ago. TU scores were 600+ at that time. Re-applied on Monday, with no change in my scores. Called last night to check status and was approved for a 1000 limit with the 39 dollar annual. They even stated that a CLI was possible right now if needed. Told them it's not needed right now but maybe later.

They must be using witchcraft or something with their approvals. I'm in no way complaining though, because another positive TL helps toward a home purchase next year.

Odd.... very odd.

I was declined a month and a half ago. TU scores were 600+ at that time. Re-applied on Monday, with no change in my scores. Called last night to check status and was approved for a 1000 limit with the 39 dollar annual. They even stated that a CLI was possible right now if needed. Told them it's not needed right now but maybe later.

They must be using witchcraft or something with their approvals. I'm in no way complaining though, because another positive TL helps toward a home purchase next year.

I am sure they are using some random approval process because they gave me one with a sucky TU score (my lowest) with plenty of baddies. Maybe they gave it to me because of high personal income? I dunno. I cringed when I applied because I got the 7-10 day message and was very surprised when my card arrived. It wasn't even a week after I applied that it was in the mail. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's finally reporting on EQ and yesterday I got my first bill!!! I also got the pin number for cash advances!!

I STILL DON'T HAVE THE CARD!!!! ;):)

I'd definately call and ask when it was sent out and check into this somehow. Tell them you got your first bill & pin # but still haven't gotten your card yet.

I finally did get my card less than 4 business days after I was approved. But the day it came, I also got a bill for something else & stuck together with it was a bill from the same place to somebody else who lives in my zipcode.

I thought wow, what if that had happened to me with this credit card!

Definately check into this ASAP.

I STILL DON'T HAVE THE CARD!!!! ;):)

that sounds like something got lost in the mail. CALL THEM.

Applied on 3/31 and got mine in the mail today!! $700, but I'll take looking for bigger and better cards by the end of the year. No more apps till then!!

I was approved for $5200.00, but TU is my best score (as you can see below). I just got my card yesterday, 13.98% APR and 0 annual fee. I am happy, because to date, this is my largest credit limit.

yeah . . soo. . . I broke my new Hooters card in by putting the downpayment for the Walt Disney World vacaton I just booked a couple days ago.

That sounds SO wrong, LOL!

yeah . . soo. . . I broke my new Hooters card in by putting the downpayment for the Walt Disney World vacaton I just booked a couple days ago.

That sounds SO wrong, LOL!

<_<:dntknw::good:

I STILL DON'T HAVE THE CARD!!!! :clapping::clapping:

that sounds like something got lost in the mail. CALL THEM.

I did call and they said they sent it out on March 22. I never got it so they're sending out another.....

so u can ask for CLIs as soon as u get it? :yahoo:

I got my card today has a $7000 credit limit and a 19.70% APR and no fee. My TU score was between 680 and 695 when I applied about two week ago.

Well I was denied.... :good:

Which actually surprises me considering the scores of some others that have been approved.. Has any one one luck with a reconsider?

Awww man, begging for hooters just isn't dignified. :sorry:

I love this card, there's a giggle in every part of it.

I can't answer your question, but certainly someone has tried reconsideration? Can't hurt to call and ask if you don't get a reply.

I am calling to try a recon next week.. Will let you all know how it goes. I am just waiting for the letter that shows why I was denied.

Edited by tuscani

The last post in this topic was posted 4824 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.