Sign in to follow this  
gems

Debt Validations

:rofl::rofl: In reading some of the DV letters I am a little confused as to who I am sending them to. Is it the CA, OC, or CRA(EX, EQ, TU), or could it be all of the above. I have looked at several letters and ready to get started. Thanks for everything, It will take me years to know all of this.

Thanks. So what do I dispute with the CRA. I am totally confused because I am use to disputing the old way, where you just dispute everything with the CRA.

Now once I dispute with the CA or JDB and get or not get a response what is the next step.

gems, write this down on a sticky or something:

CA's - validate - DV

CRA's - verify - DISPUTE

It sounds like you're trying to do the 1-2 punch. Right? If so, then do this:

1) Send DV to the CA (collection agency). Make sure it goes CMRRR. (Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested) Something like this:

Date

Re: Account # 12345678

Dear CA,

I dispute your claims in their entirety and request full and complete validation of this alleged debt pursuant to the FDCPA and my state laws. All communications with me are to be in writing only and sent to the address provided in this letter. No telephone calls.

Sincerely,

XXXX XXXXXX (type your name, do not actually sign it)

2) As soon as you get the green card back from the CMRRR, then you send off DISPUTES to the CRA's. (Credit Reporting Agencies). Something like this: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...dpost&p=1056552

Got it?

:rofl: Thanks Idare. I got it now. I don't really know what a 1-2 punch is. I have seen it a number of times on the Board in my readings, but never really came across it being explained.

This is sooooo! helpful. I know I can reach the 700 club or even the 800 club in due time. I really can't thank you enough.

I have 3 open installment loan accounts (never late), discover (never late), and Nordstrom(new account), reporting on all 3 reports.

I have only 1 baddie on Ex, but EQ is a horror.

Thank You so much

You're doing great, gems. Just keep at it and you'll have those reports looking better and better over time, you just watch. :good:

Thanks. I am looking at an old credit report (10/2005) to start dispute process and want to make sure I don't wake a sleeping giant. I was thinking of disputing as obsolete with CRA, then do the DV (CA).

Accounts DOLA

#1 OC 8/2000

#2 OC 2/2000

#3 OC 7/1999

#4 OC 1/1999

#5 OC 6/1999

#6 OC 3/1998

#7 CA 7/1999

Want to make sure I am on the right track

Thanks. I am looking at an old credit report (10/2005) to start dispute process and want to make sure I don't wake a sleeping giant. I was thinking of disputing as obsolete with CRA, then do the DV (CA).

Accounts DOLA

#1 OC 8/2000

#2 OC 2/2000

#3 OC 7/1999

#4 OC 1/1999

#5 OC 6/1999

#6 OC 3/1998

#7 CA 7/1999

gems, maybe we should go back a couple of steps to make sure you're on track.

1) Have you opted out?

2) Have you disputed any previous addresses and incorrect personal information on your report yet?

3) How long since you've PAID on the above accounts? (Did you stop paying at about the same time as the DOLA?)

4) Do you know the SOL in your state - and are these accounts all past SOL?

Try to answer those questions first, ok? I'll check back here and might offer you some different suggestions than the 1-2 punch described above, depending on the answers.

Accounts DOLA

#1 OC 8/2000

#2 OC 2/2000

#3 OC 7/1999

#4 OC 1/1999

#5 OC 6/1999

#6 OC 3/1998

#7 CA 7/1999

gems, maybe we should go back a couple of steps to make sure you're on track.

1) Have you opted out? Yes

2) Have you disputed any previous addresses and incorrect personal information on your report yet?

Yes

3) How long since you've PAID on the above accounts? (Did you stop paying at about the same time as the DOLA?) Stop paying at about or before DOLA

4) Do you know the SOL in your state - and are these accounts all past SOL? 4 open, 6 written (I am in Cali)

Try to answer those questions first, ok? I'll check back here and might offer you some different suggestions than the 1-2 punch described above, depending on the answers.

Very good. :P

Now, were these all "Open" account types? (Credit cards, charge cards, etc)

Were any utility bills, medical bills, repo'd cars, promissory notes, or anything else?

As everyone will say "go to the newbie section and read.Then read it again".Theres alot to learn and it can get confusing.Stick with it ,its will help you emmensely.

2 Capital One, 1 Spiegel, and the rest catalog charge cards.

Wonderful! It appears you are well past SOL on all of these accounts, and that should make this easier.

One more question, then I will make some more suggestions.

Have you disputed these accounts with the CRA's before?

Ok, here's what I would do:

Instead of starting with the 1-2 punch on these, I'd start with a dispute like Why Chat frequently recommends -

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131985

Because of the new FACTA rules, I suggest a different approach to any initial CRA dispute.AFTER you get your old addresses deleted.

Send any dispute as follows:

Dear CRA

My Name is xxxx

My SS # is xxx xx xxxx

I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxx to insure its receipt.

On my credit report # xxxxx the following accounts are inaccurate

Account # xxxxx

I have no record of these accounts from these creditors these dates for these amounts

Any accounts I may have had in the past with any similar creditors would have had a date of last actvity over 7 years ago and would be obsolete.

If these accounts are verified, please furnish me with the name and address of the verifying party, the method of verification, and the reported first delinquency from the original creditor.

Sincerely,

XXXX

Make sure you use personalized stationery,and if you are doing it on

your computer (hand written is best) use purple or teal italic font.

HAND ADDRESS the envelope and send it certified, but NOT RR.

See if any get deleted that way. If any verify, turn around and dispute them as being obsolete. If any remain after that, post back here with the details for further suggestions.

Thanks Idare, I think this will definitely get me on my way to decent reports.

Now if I use the computer am I suing regular white paper, I was thinking of getting a little creative and use purple, yellow or orange since I have so much of it.

Thanks Idare, I think this will definitely get me on my way to decent reports.

Now if I use the computer am I suing regular white paper, I was thinking of getting a little creative and use purple, yellow or orange since I have so much of it.

Sure, get creative and use a different color paper. :grin:

I use a heavyweight ivory laid business stationery with a rather artsy personal letterhead, an almost full-page background made from my own hand-drawn artwork, and a teal script font. I don't know that it makes any difference at all, but I have FUN using it - and that's gotta count for something :lol: