Sign in to follow this  
bakes1313

According to TU rep, no notification needed for reinsert!

Yep, you read that correctly. :shock: According to the CSR at TU, that I spoke with today they are not required to notify you if they reinsert negative items. I called them for an inquiry, and she said anything else I can do for you? I said, "well I wrote a letter a while back about a negative item being reinserted into my report and I haven't heard anything."

CSR: "that's because we don't notify you if that happens"

me: "oh, you don't, why is that? aren't you breaking the law"

CSR: "no maam, we are not a credit monitoring agency, we are a credit bureau"

me: "well, I am pretty sure that you are breaking the law by not notifying people of this, anyone else complain?"

CSR: "no maam, anything else I can do for you?"

Ok, what about the FCRA sec. 611, (a)(5)(;)(2)? What am I missing here?

I got the same thing from EQ once, about an address...they haven't reinserted the old addy since I told the CSR that I want the address surpressed, and that if I EVER see it again, I'd be filing suit the next day for their violation, and naming her as a defendant as well, since she told me that they don't have to notify consumers of anything, unless I were to "subscribe" to their service....

I don't remember anything in the FCRA concerning having to pay them to follow the law though...must have skimmed over that part

I know that I have had a few reinsertions and sent certified letter stating the law and it was removed - never to be seen again (Thus Far Anyway). Just because they are CSR's for the credit agency doesn't mean they know the law.

Oh boy...seeing that with your credit report TU sends you a summary of rights under FCRA. And in this summary that TU sends....it states "In addition, the CRA must give you a written notice telling you it has reinserted the item". So I find it pretty hilarious that the rep tells you they don't have to notify you...yet they send you something saying that they do have to notify you. :)