Sign in to follow this  
Jen23514

Organization is key..... but paperwork is overwhelming.

Just looking for maybe a better way than what I am doing now.

How did you stay organized when you're fighting close to 20 items over 3 reports?

I have a folder for each bureau,

a folder for all the TC printouts,

and folders for every three CA's that I dealing with.

The ones that are particularly difficlut get their own folder.

I staple everything so I don't get confused.. my letter, the mail recepit, the usps printout of delivery status and green card, and their response when it comes back.

When I begin I have four folders in the cabinet near my desk:

EQ

EXP

TU

General

Until I begin corresponding with a specific CA or OC enough to justify a separate folder, I keep correspondence in the general Credit Repair file. When a few letters acumulate for any CA or OC, they get their own file.

Edited by Pavlov

I kept hard copies in one folder. I scanned everything I did into PDF files and had those sorted by CRA. Worked well for me, the actual paperwork is 18" high. Then my stack of green cards, all 84 of them.

$25 two drawer filing cabinet from walmart... with hanging file folders...

One file for each CRA, one file for each dispute, and a HUGE file for all the rejection letters (three files total, one for each CRA pulled)...

Then when I need to know something I just look in the CRAs folder, track it to the appropriate dispute or rejection file and volia.. the answer...

plus i have a small notepad for each file so I can take notes and store them as well...

I had stuff everywhere! I got a milk crate from the gas station, bought some hanging file folders - then started sorting through the zillion pages & envelopes. I keep a seperate folder with blank green cards & receipts, envelopes & stamps. Each baddie has their own folder and 1 for each CRA. I also have a tickle file which is kept right up front with tabs 1-31 and check it everyday. If there's something I need to do on the 3rd for instance, I'll put a note in the 2nd. Helps me to remember stuff that I would otherwise totally forget.

I got one of those 5 star zippered up 3 ring binders. Got dividers with pockets to put in there and I have 5 sections.

TU

EQ

EX

DV letters

Random letters

I also bought those plastic ziploc things with the 3 rings so I could put them in the book as well. In each, I keep ALL of the green cards associated with each CRA or CA.

I print out every DV letter I send or make a copy of the handwritten ones and put it in there.

When it came time to sue a CA, I walked into the attorney's offfice with this binder, took the paperwork out in front of him and his jaw dropped. It was in timeline format, all neatly put together for him.

Said I was the most organized client he'd ever had walk into his office. He took my binder to show the other attorneys in the office. LOL

I am using Paperport deluxe, and the folders. I scan everthing into paperport and then i am able to highlight make my notes and everthing.

For Court Reasons, i keep a folder for each CRA, and each major CA with copies of the letters sent, and the orginal green cards.

I'm an avid paintball player (hence my user name), and I use empty paintball boxes. I use one box for each CRA, and a couple boxes combined and divided for other correspondence. The boxes fit neatly in my hallway closet.

One folder for each CRA, plus one for correspondence with OCs, and another waiting for correspondence with CAs (when I start on DW's credit).

I use a three-ring binder and staple green cards to printouts of letters I send.

However, I also use NetPost Mailing Online -- so I have an archive of every CMRRR I send with tracking information, and a PDF of the letter they received. It's about $2.00 extra to mail using their service, but after you've spent an hour at the post office filling out CMRRR cards, or if you don't have the time to hit the post office during business hours, it is really nice.

I keep all PDFs I generate for NetPost in a archive on the computer which is backed up once a week, and save copies of all online dispute confirmations by saving the HTML page and setting up individual directories for each one. I also print out the dispute confirmations to keep in the three ring binder.

I think the three-ring binder thing only works for me because I am using the paper resources as a backup to the electronic resources, and to keep track of adverse action letters and letters back from the CAs more than my letters I sent to them.

Whatever works for you....