Sign in to follow this  
SURFJ9009

Debt Validation (DV) Flowchart For Newbies

This is a simple flowchart that I found useful during my first few rounds of disputes. I printed it and posted it next to my computer for awhile until I got the hang of it. I referred back to it tonight just to see if there was something I was missing. That's what made me think to post it. FYI-------->> I am down to my last 4 baddies. So now it is time to really put in some work. Most of my baddies have all fallen off during the first 30 days or so of this flowchart. I have only done around 4-6 TL's each round of disputes. The ones that are left for me at this point will require using the techniques in the last 30 days of this flowchart. Wish me luck!

Obviously if you have any of the other posts here you know that there are many other things you can do besides this. This flowchart is basically what you will need to know and understand in your first few months of credit repair. (IMO) Just remember to keep your mind on the hunt for other ideas/strategies to remove the baddies.

DebtValidationFlowChart.gif

Edited by SURFJ9009

Surf,

Thanks for posting the flowchart, that is a great explanation of the sequence. I was having trouble keeping track, this simplifies the procedure. By all means KEEP surfing!!!!!!!! :(:P:lol:

NM2

Just remember, THIS IS ONLY AN OUTLINE OF THE MOST BASIC STEPS.

Learn to fill in the blanks and draw other lines as you go.

Good Luck!

Oh, by the way. This flowchart suggests trying to settle the debt at 2 different points in the process, depending on how everything else turns out. I have not gotten to that point yet on a few of them, BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT VALIDATED!!!!!

THIS CHART DOES NOT INCLUDE METHODS OF GETTING THE CA'S OR CRA'S TO HANG THEMSELVES SO I CAN SUE THEM 'TILL SUNDOWN. I DO NOT WANT TO SETTLE, I WANT TO SUE. THE CAR I WANT TO BUY IS GOING TO COST ME $38650 MSRP, NOT INCLUDING TAX, LIC, ETC.

But, proceed as you like. If you are the settling type, go for it.

I have to say that this is a basic step by step chart. A lot of individual situations will not fit neatly within this chart. There are multiple ways of handling everything. Do not blindly follow a chart because it looks good.

No offense meant to surf. Just an FYI to everyone that different situations require different strategies.

Ditto LKH's comment. Also, I notice that the copyright notice was removed from the chart (and almost certainly not by this thread's original poster). The chart was authored by Kristy Welsh of WebNation and CreditInfoCenter.com. So that we can all properly credit her work, here is a link to the chart as it appears on her site:

LINK

It's also worth noting for newcomers that the validation portion is intended only for abusive CAs which apparently disavow legal compliance.

Doc

I have to say that this is a basic step by step chart. A lot of individual situations will not fit neatly within this chart. There are multiple ways of handling everything. Do not blindly follow a chart because it looks good.

No offense meant to surf. Just an FYI to everyone that different situations require different strategies.

None taken. :cry2: LKH is absolutely right. And LKH has been doing this for a considerable amount of time longer than me. Every situation has its own solution. Simple example. The 1-2 punch follows a slightly different schedule. But if you do searches here and ask ?s specific to where you are in your process, what your goals are on each account, etc. we can all work together. Somebody here has dealt with them before, gauranteed. So proceed with caution, ask the experts here. AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHY YOU ARE SENDING THAT LETTER, AS WELL AS THE NEGATIVE THINGS THAT CAN HAPPEN FROM SENDING THAT LETTER.

There is absolutely nothing contained in these forums that will work for everyone, everytime.

(Hows that for a disclaimer?)

Ditto LKH's comment. Also, I notice that the copyright notice was removed from the chart (and almost certainly not by this thread's original poster). The chart was authored by Kristy Welsh of WebNation and CreditInfoCenter.com. So that we can all properly credit her work, here is a link to the chart as it appears on her site:

LINK

Doc

DOH!!!! BUSTED.

LOL. Thanks doc. I found this a long time ago and forgot where I found it.

Edited by SURFJ9009

Surf,

Thanks for posting the flowchart, that is a great explanation of the sequence. I was having trouble keeping track, this simplifies the procedure. By all means KEEP surfing!!!!!!!! :yahoo::grin:B)

NM2

Thanks for posting that :sorry::yahoo::yu:

VERY helpful!!

Surf,

Thanks for posting the flowchart, that is a great explanation of the sequence. I was having trouble keeping track, this simplifies the procedure. By all means KEEP surfing!!!!!!!! :yahoo::grin:B)

NM2

Thanks for posting that :sorry::yahoo::yu:

VERY helpful!!

I'd be remiss, however, if I did not reiterate LKH's comments.

This is not a tutorial.

There is no "one-size fits all" solution.

I just thought folks who are "visual learners" and currently totally confused, could benefit by getting a "big picture overview" of the process. (DW likes pictures...)

As PsychDoc said, that's some of Kristy's excellent work -- she deserves the plug. Her site is on my most-visited list and I refer to it often.

OK, I sent the CA the validation letter and after that, sent the CRA's a letter asking for verification.

Sure enough, the CRA verified the account. So I suppose now I need to send a "method of verification" letter to the CRA to see how they verified.

Does anyone have a good sample Method of Verification letter? I want to make sure I word it properly, so the CRA has no way of no providing the right info. Thanks.....

this should be a sticky for the noobs like myself to find very easily... or in the thread in the noobie section that has links of all places to see first.... this is a good flow chart for those who need to visualise it at first!

Aha! I was looking for this. Great stuff. It's amazing in few weeks I can actually follow the chart. Going to save the link to my favorites in my USB key :mellow:

First time I'd seen it, too...

I saved it, of course. Might come in useful in the future.