Newbies - for more than 60 days

The last post in this topic was posted 2287 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I am a bit of a noob even though I signed up a few years ago. I did about an hour and a half of reading here and was armed with enough information to defend myself against Wells Fargo. I won my case and didnt have to pay them the 7k they were suing me for. They tried to reopen the claim and again I used all my credit boards knowledge and crushed them to a dust. Judge threw it out :-)

Now I am in a new situation and not sure where to find the info I need. I had a business and owe a former vendor some money and have a collection agency breathing down my neck. I sent the cease and desist letters that have worked in the past but this guy just called me about a month after receiving that letter and says that after he stopped laughing they were coming after me and that I am not incorporated so I am personally responsible etc. I didnt really listen I just said send me proof and he got ugly so I hung up. I did however catch him say that this was a completely different matter when commercial and my cease and desist is a joke.

If you've been a member more than 60 days, and do not yet have member status, post in this thread. I'll fix it. Be patient, I'm expecting a crowd in here!! Line forms to the left...

• Admin

I fixed your account for you. What he's referring to is that business account collections are not subject to the FDCPA. The usual letters, rules about phone calls, etc do not apply. If you were a sole proprietor, then yes, he will come after you personally. If you had formed any kind of business entity, then he has to pursue the entity except for debts where you personally guaranteed them.

He sounds like a total jerk.

You need to start your own thread in the business or credit forum. You won't get a lot of attention here. I'm probably the only person who checks this thread for comments. ;)

That helps!! Where do I find the business forum?

I fixed your account for you. What he's referring to is that business account collections are not subject to the FDCPA. The usual letters, rules about phone calls, etc do not apply. If you were a sole proprietor, then yes, he will come after you personally. If you had formed any kind of business entity, then he has to pursue the entity except for debts where you personally guaranteed them.

He sounds like a total jerk.

You need to start your own thread in the business or credit forum. You won't get a lot of attention here. I'm probably the only person who checks this thread for comments. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last post in this topic was posted 2287 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.