Sign in to follow this  
luvs2laff

Collection agencies

Im currently in dispute with this collection agency and today I see an inquiry from them on my credit report. Why do they do this,is it to get back at me... Just curious & can I dispute it.

Im currently in dispute with this collection agency and today I see an inquiry from them on my credit report. Why do they do this,is it to get back at me... Just curious & can I dispute it.

You can try to dispute it. What CR is the inquiry on? There are lots of threads on this board about disputing inquiries. Legally, if you owe them money or purchased your account from a company with a valid claim against you, though, they can pull your credit.

They do it to assess the chances of getting your money. There are some veterans on this board who feel very strongly that the better your credit, the better their chances of collecting. So if they check your credit and find it is excellent, they might be more inclined to push you because they know you tend to take care of things.

HAd you already sent them a validation letter? If so, the inquiry is considered continued collection and that is a violation. Otherwise they are allowed to pull the inquiry.

so far i've only seen it on my experian CR, well my credit isnt to horrible.. I only have lates, but everything is either pif or current.

*sigh* That blows...

Its funny cause yesterday i had one collection removed from all 3 CR and now this...

Thanks for your response, i'll do a search and see what I come up with.

so far i've only seen it on my experian CR, well my credit isnt to horrible.. I only have lates, but everything is either pif or current.

*sigh* That blows...

Its funny cause yesterday i had one collection removed from all 3 CR and now this...

Thanks for your response, i'll do a search and see what I come up with.

so you said you were in dispute with the CA...had you sent a validation letter to them???????

HAd you already sent them a validation letter? If so, the inquiry is considered continued collection and that is a violation. Otherwise they are allowed to pull the inquiry.

Yeah, I sent them a validation and they were able to validate. This debt is from a lease I broke due to military orders. I was advised by base legal (JAG) to send out letters CRRR and give them a chance to correct the issue before taking legal action (which is going to be my next step). I just have to figure everything out because im no longer living in the state where this all took place.

edited to say: the ca validated with a copy of the lease I signed with the apartment complex.

Edited by luvs2laff