Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Hipaa Result

The last post in this topic was posted 5426 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

In mid Novemeber I sent my first Hipaa letter to a hospital on a charge that was paid late by my insurance company. Im working on all my medical first. I have 3 charges all paid but show as negatives. I recieved a letter from the hospital a few days ago stating that they had contacted the CA and told them to remove any information reported to the CRAs. The letter says it will take about 45-60 days before the bureaus delete this from my credit report. I recieved the letter from the Quality Assurance Coordinator from the hospital with an apology. Is this about how long it should take to get removed? This would be my first delete that is why Im asking.

In mid Novemeber I sent my first Hipaa letter to a hospital on a charge that was paid late by my insurance company. Im working on all my medical first. I have 3 charges all paid but show as negatives.  I recieved a letter from the hospital a few days ago stating that they had contacted the CA and told them to remove any information reported to the CRAs. The letter says it will take about 45-60 days before the bureaus delete this from my credit report.  I recieved the letter from the Quality Assurance Coordinator from the hospital with an apology.  Is this about how long it should take to get removed? This would be my first delete that is why Im asking.

Congrats on your success.

You know the old saying.. it takes them 5 seconds to take your money or to report and 30-60days to refund your money or update a report.

I would send another letter to the CAC of the hospital asking for them to confirm their communication with the CA on removal.. like send you a copy of the letter or if they called them, have the CA send you a letter outlineing what they are going to .

That way it will not fall thru the cracks.

Should try to make the CA send you a letter the day they put in the remove order to the CRA's confirming they did it.

Dont trust them one bit ... In god i trust.. all others do it in writing.

that's great news. I hear you on the number of days to update, but hey, it's progress.

May i ask if you followed the advice on WhyChat's board for designing your HIPAA letter? One other question: did you originally contact the OC and they told you to deal with the CA? That is my situation on a few, and I don't want to deal with the CA. Just curious.

thx

I originally called the credit dept at the hospital about this matter and yes they said to talk to the CA about the matter and that they couldnt do anything about it. I then re read why chats article on the Hipaa letter and basically copied in and filled in the blanks. Then I sent it to the Legal Dept of the hospital. They seem to know a little more about the ramifications of the Hipaa Laws then the credit and billing dept. 3 weeks later I got my letter back with an apology. Im going to follow up with a phone call to make sure that the CA was contacted since I now have a name and a number. Going to do another hospital letter this week. My last medical I am going to do a dv to the collection agency because Im not sure who the original creditor is. Hopefully they wont either. Once I get the original creditors name and address I will send them a Hipaa letter. The OC is responsible for the CA reporting accurate information. So always start with the OC and the legal dept. Hope this helps I will keep my progress updated

Going to do another hospital letter this week.  My last medical I am going to do a dv to the collection agency because Im not sure who the original creditor is. Hopefully they wont either.NO NO NO !! Send the medical dispute letter to the CRA -- NEVER NEVER NEVER contact the CA on a medical account, it may NULLIFY any further actions you might take with the HIPAA letter program    ;)

Going to do another hospital letter this week.  My last medical I am going to do a dv to the collection agency because Im not sure who the original creditor is. Hopefully they wont either.NO NO NO !! Send the medical dispute letter to the CRA -- NEVER NEVER NEVER contact the CA on a medical account, it may NULLIFY any further actions you might take with the HIPAA letter program    :P

Correct! To Why Chat you listen....

Thanks Why Chat for clearing that up for me. I disputed the last paid medical collection through the CRA and the tl was deleted. All medical paid collections are gone, now on to harder tl's.

The last post in this topic was posted 5426 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.