Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
MarvBear

Public Records!

Again, pretend I am a total NEWBIE. Pretend I just got my very first credit report.

If I were to look at either an online version or a snail mail version of any of my credit files, what are the items that might be reported as a "Public Record"?

Again, pretend I am a total NEWBIE.  Pretend I just got my very first credit report.

If I were to look at either an online version or a snail mail version of any of my credit files, what are the items that might be reported as a "Public Record"?

Public Records:

Judgements

Child Support

Income Tax Liens (state/fed)

Tax Liens (personal property, land taxes etc)

ooh ooh - it's like a pop quiz - what FUN :P

1 Public records example is

A Judgement - someone has sued you and gotten a JUDGEMENT against you - this is NOT good :dance:

Again, pretend I am a total NEWBIE.   Pretend I just got my very first credit report.

Public Records:

Judgements

Child Support

Income Tax Liens (state/fed)

Tax Liens (personal property, land taxes etc)

child support shows up as an installment on mine, tax liens on the other hand show up under public records.

i have no judgements (knocks desk, head, anything else that may be considered wood), so cant' speak to that.

I'm still a newbie but I would consider the following as public records:

Foreclosure

Repossession

tax liens

judgements

Edited by yasky

I believe that child support normally shows up as a trade-line.

For the purposes of this thread, I would not consider a Child Support tradeline reporting as a "Public Record", but just another tradeline that is reporting a status and payment history.

I'm still a newbie but I would consider the following as public records:

Foreclosure

Repossion

tax liens

judgements

A Foreclosure is normally reported in the comments section on a per tradeline basis.

A repossession is normally reported in the comments section on a per tradline basis.

Neither of these in my opinion would qualify as a "Public Record".