Sign in to follow this  
Snork Maiden

An update on using faxes

So, the EQ fax worked a few days ago. Yesterday, at lunch, I faxed TU the letters I was sending them and their legal, about being late on the results of a dispute.

I log in today, and two accounts are gone, (a $2,000+ collection and a smaller one, as well as a judgement, and all others updated to IIB or closed, or whatever is more appropriate then what they had.)

I wish I knew how speedy they would be, I wouldn't have bothered to send out letters last night (now they'll be all confused when they get them..)

DO YOU GUYS THINK THESE THINGS WILL STAY OFF??

:P:):P:):P

Finally, some real progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - I didn't even send in the original disputes CMRR.. just reg mail w/ .90 cent Mailing Cert, a copy of which I included in my leters/faxes.

This will definately be my new routine!!

I don't remember which CBer's letter was my insiration, but a giant thanks to all!!!!

what department are thoes fax number so?

I have been after Eq to give me a PR on a verification and they refuse.

maybe because a ghost is verfying .. since the company has been dead for 4 yrs

same here-- i've been calling this mortgage co i had a townhome with, but the number is disonnected with no forwarding information. letters come back to me. tried disputing some late entries with EQ and they seem to have NO PROBLEM verifying all the lates. although the phone number listed on report doesn't work and the address listed is no loner occupied by the company. oh, and a 120 day late just popped on my report for last month-- INTRIGUING seeing as how i sold that house in early 2004.

i hope that fax number works!

Here is the real question. If they don't stay off, how can you prove that they were deleted in the first place? Do you have the letter from them stating that they were deleted by the CRAs as if you did it by mail?

Here is the real question. If they don't stay off, how can you prove that they were deleted in the first place? Do you have the letter from them stating that they were deleted by the CRAs as if you did it by mail?

Couldn't she just print out a copy of her dated report and that would show as proof of deletion?

yes..

and people remember that just because you are disputing by fax doesn't mean you will get results or faster results it's just another option.

For those of you who have requested a PR and have not received, write a stron letter demanding deletion for their non-compliance with FCRA, include copies of first letters mailed.

I agree with Smush24. I called TU last week about a TL on my latest CR that was clearly stated on the report "deleted", but still showed on the report. I called and spoke to a CSR about this and was told my file had split and thats why it was still showing. He said he would fix the issue and send me a new copy of my report. I figured while I was on the phone with him I would also point out that there was a duplicate TL on my report (account numbers slightly different)that were previously verified. He agreed and said duplicate TL"deleted" Any thing else? I checked my truecredit report the next day, and the duplicate TL was gone. This was the day before Thanksgiving, and boy was I happy!!! I checked my truecredit report yesterday, guess what...it's back. I checked my mail lastnight and the updated report from TU was there. Checked it, and it didn't say anything about the duplicate TL being deleted. The TL wasn't showing either, but I can bet that if I buy a TU report today it will be listed. What can I do though! There is nothing in writing saying the TL was deleted.

Edited by tomurphjr

Well you would have a copy of the fax you sent, you can get a fax report from your fax machine with the number listed on the report. You can also print your report immediatly when the TL is first deleted. These three things together would appear to a reasonable person to be more likely then not. Just keep everything! Also shouldn't the CRA still send you an updated report with deletions on it when they remove a TL?

yes..

and people remember that just because you are disputing by fax doesn't mean you will get results or faster results it's just another option.

For those of you who have requested a PR and have not received, write a stron letter demanding deletion for their non-compliance with FCRA, include copies of first letters mailed.

I sent equifax a HUGE package of everything I sent them for the last 4 months requesting that.. know know what they sent me. Another credit report saying contact nextcard, who doesnt exsist anymore.