Sign in to follow this  
magumpus

My crazy day

mag... who are you getting LOC's through on the xbox stuff? we're setup with D&H and trying to get them to establish credit is a nightmare... PM me if you don't wanna post online. thanks

There are a ton of these on Ebay. What a bunch of nuts. Is it really worth a grand to be the latest owner of a game system when in 3-4 months they will 3rd of that. I check UBID.com and they do not have any anywhere on the site!

<Dense. I dont get the hip wader comments.. I mean I get that its for wading through the solid waste you feel someone is spewing on this thread, but what comments exactly?

<Dense. I dont get the hip wader comments.. I mean I get that its for wading through the solid waste you feel someone is spewing on this thread, but what comments exactly?

Well it can't be mine cause I can provide proof. But greg, I am believe you more now because I looked through the sales ads and no one is advertising any sales of XBox's tomorrow, so it may be slim pickings. I was amped, but I guess it'll have to be laptop's and that $1k plasma television I saw @ Best Buy.

Also Staples has a nice laptop on sale in addition to a 20" flat screen tv for $300. Thinking about grabbing that to place in my office so I can watch tv and work.

Hey Pam, the boots were a nice touch! And I liked the Hazmat suit also!! Ya'll are wild!

Well it can't be mine cause I can provide proof. But greg, I am believe you more now because I looked through the sales ads and no one is advertising any sales of XBox's tomorrow, so it may be slim pickings. I was amped, but I guess it'll have to be laptop's and that $1k plasma television I saw @ Best Buy.

Also Staples has a nice laptop on sale in addition to a 20" flat screen tv for $300. Thinking about grabbing that to place in my office so I can watch tv and work.

Hey Pam, the boots were a nice touch! And I liked the Hazmat suit also!! Ya'll are wild!

Yeah everything i said was real info too.

For me:

Walmart (laptop, lcd, portable dvd, car dvd, gameboy advance,camcorder)

Staples ( laptop, lcd monitor, camera, camera memory, flash memory,wireless router,palm, dvd drive, printer) Staples instant savings and easy ebates rule

Home Depot ( lcd, drill)

Target (lcd, 9" dvd player, gameboy, tumble time tigger).

My Bestbuy ad SUCKS an too many MIRs and things that are higher even after MIR.

There are a ton of these on Ebay. What a bunch of nuts. Is it really  worth a grand to be the latest owner of a game system when in 3-4 months they will 3rd of that. I check UBID.com and they do not have any anywhere on the site!

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?A...efLoc=searchall

it was closed.

Hmm. "Preorder shipping December 8th". I guess mag does not have any in stock. Thats around when I should be getting my shipment. Should but not definite.

Excuse me I just looked it seems as though they will make 2.75 to 3 million in 90 days so I am not sure when they started but it seems like it might be tough to get them not sure and that seems to be for the US.

Well it seems like they made 4 million of them so there should be plenty comming.

Is that for US only or overall?

From what I heard it is overall, sometimes I think it is intentionally done to create more hype. But greg, how will you hit all of those stores? Do you just hope you can get the stuff or do you know that you will? Best Buy and Staples are on my list, and I would like that laptop from Circuit City because it is a better deal that the one @ Best Buy.

they are distributing about $1000.00 per distributor or major STORE. So they are going to make it real TIGHT, to keep prices high and the hype going. Another Tickle Me Elmo.

For the distributors, its already pre-ordered.

Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop (pre-ordered) Toys R Us, its gonna be a stampeed.

I'm camping out @ sam's club next thursday, i was told that's when the new release comes out and buy like another 20 of those suckers, we'll see.

Well it seems like they made 4 million of them so there should be plenty comming.

Is that for US only or overall?

From what I heard it is overall, sometimes I think it is intentionally done to create more hype. But greg, how will you hit all of those stores? Do you just hope you can get the stuff or do you know that you will? Best Buy and Staples are on my list, and I would like that laptop from Circuit City because it is a better deal that the one @ Best Buy.

Only hope. I will hit Walmart first. it starts at 5. Staples is at 6. Home depot at 6 but Im not worried about it if i miss it. target is a 2 day sale, so i hope that means they might have more stock of the things Im looking at but WHo Knows really.

Walmart, best buy and Staples are basicaly in the same shopping center. Now if I miss out, well at least my day will be over pretty early. just go home and work more on eBay and other stuff.

See I'm going to Best Buy first because IMO the Wal-Mart sale is garbage. Best Buy, Circuit City because they open @ 5, Staples because they open @ 6. I'm in a new city right now so I have to ride around at 2 am to be familiar with where places are and check the lines. Everyone who is not involved doesn't think it will be bad, but I have a feeling people are lined up right about now.

best bet, sam's club, if u're a business member. You get first dibs at it, before the consumers come in. so my suggestion, try costco, bjs, sams and whoeverelse.

computergal

overstock.com has an auction section, which is easier than being an approved merchant with them. check it out.

Sams Club- Well they dont take credit cards except their own right? So I guess I would have to buy like thousands of dollars in Wal Mart gift cards. The only ad I have seen was purses and wine glasses. not stuff I need.

Best Buy- I saw nothing at all their ad. The few things I did see were either lower other places for same or similar or were all MIR. Best Buy seems to depend more on rebate than anyone else. But maybe it just means we are looking at things for different reasons.

Guess what? STAPLES could not take the STAPLES card! They had to call in business acccounts and that office is closed today! I used HDMC. I have hit Staples and Walmart so far. Only spent about $1600.

well, i'm waiting from someone on ebay to give me my new xbox @ my house. i'm getting impatient.

Staples couldn't take their own staples card, that F'ed Up greg. I had that happend to me once @ office depot. I only paid them $1.00 every month for six months, just to F with them. They couldn't say I wasn't paying, I was paying on time, just paying them a DOLLAR. LOL

anyway, i have a busy day. so i'll touch base later tonight.

Best Buy was horrible. Makes me wonder if I will ever do that again. It was cold and the lines were horrendous. I got 2/3 of what I wanted to get, wanted the 42" plasma screen but alas, it was for me so that's all good.

Went to Staples and they took my Staples card, lol! Maybe it was a glitch @ that particular store greg. But that is crazy, sorry you had to experience that. I only spent about $800.