Sign in to follow this  
magumpus

PAYPAL INFORMATION

Recently, Paypal placed my ACCT under limitations, I think they do this with every new ACCT.

I didn't like their policies, i've complied and they are just being real jerks. You can not accept paypal anymore due to the fact that you're selling high risk ITEMS? (excuse me??? I've provided valid invoices from my supplier on those laptops. So how is it high risk)

So this is what I did.

I contacted the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission.

And this is what i got, which is very interesting.

I have direct numbers to someone that can really HELP me.

So i'm gonna share this information, as I'm sure i'm not the only one, paypal has bullied. And I will keep this thread updated, as more information is GIVEN.

402-935-2246 - Sally

crme@paypal.com

She's some executive in escalation, according to her title on BBB/FTC.

&

Elizabeth Morey

2211 N. First Street

San Jose, CA 95131-2021

TEL: 408-376-7400

FAX: 408-967-9915

So i'll keep you informed.

Edited by magumpus

Magumpus, thanks for the info. I have had the same experience with Paypal, limiting my account. Some people have had no problems, there have been others that have had many problems. There are forums out there about the practices of Paypal, I won't say here, I'm not trying to promote other sites, but if someone PM me, I'll forward website. I feel that when you apply for a Paypal biz account, like any othet merchant processing, you have already supplied sufficient info needed. They will limit account, you can accept funds, but not withdraw or send money. Isn't that something? Yes, Paypal is the most readily known cc procesing site, but they are monopolizing the market My advice for anyone who sells high ticket items or receives large monthly sales to just apply for a regular merchant account and not worry about your account being frozen with thousands of your money in the account, and PP making interest off your dollars. JMO

Magumpus, thanks for the info.  I have had the same experience with Paypal, limiting my account.  Some people have had no problems, there have been others that have had many problems.  There are forums out there about the practices of Paypal,  I won't say here, I'm not trying to promote other sites, but if someone PM me, I'll forward website.  I feel that when you apply for a Paypal biz account, like any othet merchant processing, you have already supplied sufficient info needed.  They will limit account, you can accept funds, but not withdraw or send money.  Isn't that something?  Yes, Paypal is the most readily known cc procesing site, but they are monopolizing the market My advice for anyone who sells high ticket items or receives large monthly sales to just apply for a regular merchant account and not worry about your account being frozen with thousands of your money in the account, and PP making interest off your dollars.  JMO

I posted something about this a few months back. If you need to deal with them, have no mercy. If you have the slightest problem, immediately get one of these escalation department people involved. Did I say immediately?

yeah, most definitely.

that's what I did, after a week. They act as a gustapo. I know their practices. I use to have a paypal acct way back, i introduced my uncle to paypal and he made a decent living on ebay and paypal. I closed my paypal acct in 2002, and i re-opened another account in 04, when we began selling video games as a side business for my isp customers.

Well, paypal froze my account, i sent the information, then said i owe them like 400 dollars from a previous acct. Which I knew it was BS. Then I also sent money to my uncle that week and they froze his acct. What they ended up doing?

They punished my uncle for being RELATED to me. Just because we had the same last name, they held his acct. hostage until this suppose $400.00 was paid. I asked for proof, I never got any.

End result, they reversed my uncle's payment; after he took it. Left my uncle's ACCT in the RED.

I said, uhhh my uncle did not sign any co-signing agreement for this acct. Therefore, you can not hold him liable for my suppose DEBT. And their response "We can do whatever we want."

My other uncle was dying, so I just didn't have the patience for arguing and starting a battle. I had to pay this suppose $400.00 & give my uncle MONEY, to put his ACCt back in the black, so he can sell.

I considered that extortion and I should have done something, but its been almost two years already. So I guess there's nothing we can do about it now.

My uncle stopped using paypal, his EBAY acct has like millions of positives; so when he doesn't accept paypal; the customers do not worry and pay him in alternative methods. Which is good on his part.

But this time around, they are just being A-HOLES.

i wrote down every customer care agent's ID and put it in my report. Then I also sent a letter from my attorney, stating that we will sue them for DAMAGES worth of up to 50K.

So we'll see how this whole ordeal turns up.

paypal does whatever they want...and will freeze your account for no reason. they will also freeze anyones account that you have done business with if they feel like it....my advice get your own merchant account....

yeah, i do have one. But, some merchant companies can act like paypal. Card Service International for Example.

Being we're in a sharing mood:

Jeff Jordan

President, PayPal, Inc.

Mountain View, CA94041United States

phone(650) 864-8000 , (650)864-8001 fax

or you can go further down the totem pole, utilize the same address:

Ryan D. Downs

Vice President of Operations

Mathias Entenmann

Vice President of International Business

Salvatore J. Giambanco

Vice President of Human Resources and Administration

Mary M. Hentges

Vice President of Finance

John D. Muller

Vice President of Legal, General Counsel

Amy E. Rowe

Vice President of Product

Dana Stalder

Vice President of Marketing and Business Operations

Scott Thompson

Chief Technology Officer

Dilip Venkatachari

Vice President of Payment Services and Business Operations

yes, well we'll see how it goes with them. I filed a small claims of 9K against paypal for damages against my company.

We filed it in NY, since my company is a Ny corporation and plus I've helped many of those civil court judges get elected in the nyc area. :blink:

So we'll see how it goes.

its not soo much of the money, but the principal of their gustapo ways. That they will adhere to in court. And if it has to become a state supreme court issue, I've helped many Ny politicians get elected, so i'll make it an issue, if it has to get to that point.

Edited by magumpus

yes, well we'll see how it goes with them. I filed a small claims of 9K against paypal for damages against my company.

We filed it in NY, since my company is a Ny corporation and plus I've helped many of those civil court judges get elected in the nyc area. ;)

I thought the cap on NY small claims was just recently upped from 3k to 5k? :dntknw:

Has it been raised again?

i've sued alot of people in ny and its 10K max.

But i'm suing them for $4500.00 business and $4500.00 personal.

after speaking to sally and elizabeth, mentioend earlier above in this thread. Looks like they withdrew their hold on my ACCT. Which is good and interesting, but i don't trust paypal, so i'll just keep a low profile on this ACCT. until December.

Cough Cough,,,BBB site.

Elizabeth Morey

2211 N. First Street

San Jose, CA 95131-2021

TEL: 408-376-7400

FAX: 408-967-9915

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/s...s/general.shtml

Small Claims in NY is limited to 5k.Please post correct information.

In General

In addition to the Civil division of the Court, and the Housing Part, the Civil Court of the City of New York has a Small Claims Part. The Small Claims Part is a simple, inexpensive and informal court where people can sue for money without a lawyer. A claimant or defendant may hire an attorney if they choose to do so, but it is not necessary.

The Small Claims Court has monetary jurisdiction up to $5,000.00. Claims for more than $5,000.00 may not be brought in Small Claims Court. They must be started in the Civil Part of the court or in a different court. A claim for damages for more than $5,000.00 cannot be "split" into two or more claims to meet the $5,000.00 limit (that is, bringing one $5,000.00 claim and another $1,500.00 claim to recover damages for $6,500.00).

The kinds of cases filed in the Small Claims Court vary, but a case must seek money only. For example, a suit cannot be brought in Small Claims Court to force a person or business to fix a damaged item, fulfill a promise made in an advertisement, or seek money for pain and suffering. Some of the kinds of cases most often filed in the Small Claims Court include the following:

1. Damage caused to automobiles, other personal property, real property or person.

2. Failure to provide proper repairs, services, merchandise, or goods.

3. Failure to return security, property, a deposit, or money loaned.

4. Failure to pay for services rendered, salary, an insurance claim, rent, commissions, or for goods sold and delivered.

5. Breach of lease, contract, warranty or agreement.

6. Loss of luggage, property, time from work, or use of property.

7. Bounced or stopped check.

Cases brought in Small Claims Court are automatically placed on the court’s evening calendar so that most people do not have to miss work to bring their lawsuits. There are daytime hours available as well, for people who cannot come in the evening. Small Claims Court cases are mostly decided by volunteer Arbitrators. However, either party may choose to have the case heard by a Civil Court Judge.

The Small Claims Court may not be used by a claimant to harass another party. Where a claimant repeatedly unsuccessfully brings the same claim against a defendant, the claimant might end up with a court order denying him or her the right to use the Small Claims Court to prosecute the claim.

well, small claims is never an issue. I got what I wanted, eventually.

Wait a minute here. A member calls you on your questionable post and you just BRUSH IT OFF??? The member posts irrefutable proof that you're full of crap and you come back with it's "never an issue"?!?!? Dude, have you missed some of your lithium doses lately?

You're so full of crap you don't even have the humility to admit that you're not entirely truthful ... are you like psycho or sociopathic and you just don't realize that you're full of crap? Or are you hoping that people just forget how little you actually know and that they will fall at your feet bowing to you for all your questionable help?

You are really something. And trust me, that is NOT a compliment.

I read what he wrote. I appreciate the information, but its not like I am suing them anymore, I got what I wanted.

I should have said, small claims is no longer an ISSUE. And I'm sorry for using a freakin' WRONG WORD.

Edited by magumpus

I read what he wrote. I appreciate the information, but its not like I am suing them anymore, I got what I wanted.

You weren't suing them in the first place. You LIED and you're too small a person to admit it.

I truly hope that everyone in this forum is paying really close attention to how full of crap you are and I hope that all those who think you are some kind of business guru (yourself included) begin to come around and realize that you are a fraud.

People like you - those who set out deliberately to mislead people - make me sick.

We filed it in NY, since my company is a Ny corporation and plus I've helped many of those civil court judges get elected in the nyc area. :)

So we'll see how it goes.

its not soo much of the money, but the principal of their gustapo ways. That they will adhere to in court. And if it has to become a state supreme court issue, I've helped many Ny politicians get elected, so i'll make it an issue, if it has to get to that point.

I was about to sue them.

Which is it? Can't you keep your stories straight, or do you need a playbook? It begs the question - how much of what you have said is true, and how much is just pure crap? I'm guessing that it's way more crap than truth.

I knew all you needed was just a little rope, and some smart member would come along and hang you.

WTG SkepticalOne.

ETA: I won't even comment on your "connections" you always refer to, but I will say this ...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Edited by TxQuiltGirl

Cabela's is having a great Black Friday sale on hip waders.

Cabela's is having a great Black Friday sale on hip waders.

Really?? Cause I'm thinking I'm gonna need them. I have to go work out now but I might have to stop by Academy or Sports Authority to pick some up for this thread ...

I should have said, small claims is no longer an ISSUE. And I'm sorry for using a freakin' WRONG WORD.

OK, I didn't see this edit. And I was gonna let it go, but I just can't.

You "apologize" for using the "wrong word" but you don't apologize for your lies and misleading the people in this forum?? WTF is WRONG with you??? Are you really so self-centered as to think your days aren't numbered here? That people are going to continue to take your "advice" after you've been exposed for what you really are - a FRAUD?

Small claims was never an issue because you didn't file a complaint, you never intended to file a complaint, and you lied about it. You're busted dude.

Man, I'm beginning to wonder if YOU aren't the 13 yr old nephew doing the "research" ...

I was about to sue them.

The above does not equal -

I filed a small claims of 9K against paypal for damages against my company.

And this:

I filed a small claims of 9K against paypal for damages against my company

only became this:

I was about to sue them

When you were called on it. You know, you're digging a huge hole of unbelievability for yourself. You certainly don't help your legitimacy with double talk.

Magumpus,

I think you are beginning to see why we patrol Credit Boards so hard and consistently. It's because of people like you that we have to be on gaurd all the time! We keep our forums like small towns or communities. We take pride in the fact that we try monitor and keep out the fraudulent people as well as trolls.

From day one you came here with your buckets of misinformation or useless outdated information. People have said that we are harsh or rule with an iron fist, well those people that say that can now understand hopefully why we are like that. We protect this "community" and we dont like lies or fraud or misinformation given intentionaly here. You have crossed the line several times. It is time for you to go and take your garbage with you. We are real business people who seek real applicable information that can help our business. Since you came on scene I have had to spend all of my time babysitting your ridiculous threads. Personally I have tired of information and your threads. I dont care if you are 13 or 83 its time to fess up and fly right or be gone with yourself!

Magumpus,

I think you are beginning to see why we patrol Credit Boards so hard and consistently.  It's because of people like you that we have to be on gaurd all the time! We keep our forums like small towns or communities. We take pride in the fact that we try monitor and keep out the fraudulent people as well as trolls. 

From day one you came here with your buckets of misinformation or useless outdated information.  People have said that we are harsh or rule with an iron fist, well those people that say that can now understand hopefully why we are like that.  We protect this "community" and we dont like lies or fraud or misinformation given intentionaly here.  You have crossed the line several times.  It is time for you to go and take your garbage with you.  We are real business people who seek real applicable information that can help our business.  Since you came on scene I have had to spend all of my time babysitting your ridiculous threads.  Personally I have tired of information and your threads. I dont care if you are 13 or 83 its time to fess up and fly right or be gone with yourself!

Thanks Rigirl! :clapping: