Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Chase fraud email!!!

Dear XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com,

This is your official notification from Chase Bank that the service(s) listed below

will be deactivated and deleted if not renewed immediately. Previous notifications

have been sent to the Chase OnlineSM Contact assigned to this account. As the Primary Contact, you must renew (overview) the service(s) listed below or it will be deactivated and deleted.

1. SERVICE : Chase Bank Chase OnlineSM will Bill Payment.

EXPIRATION: November 25, 2005

2. We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Chase OnlineSM Account may

have been accessed by and unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your

account and of the Chase Networks is our primary concern.

Login to your Chase OnlineSM Account to verify your details.

Please click on the link below to confirm your information:

https://chaseonline.chase.com/chaseonline/l...n/sso_logon.jsp

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your

assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Chase OnlineSM system.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Chase Bank OnlineSM Support, N.A.

© 2005 JPMorgan Chase & Co.

The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

I'd call and ask them. I think it isn't real but that is just me. Lots of fishing with email these days. I get stuff like that all the time and forward to the fraud department. I'm sure Chase has a fraud department email address available on their website.

FRAUD...

Phishing...

If they were concerned about your account being compromised, you would get a CALL from the Chase Fraud Department.

It looks like phishing to me. The way to tell is to go to your email client on your computer and view the email message with LONG or RAW headers. Then read the trail of servers that the email went to to get to you. Most likely you will find a European or Asian server in the list. Then you know it is phishing. In any case, do not fill out the info by hitting the link in the email. Go directly to the Chase site and validate your info if you are going to validate it at all.

lgt

It's fraud. The bank would never email you for something of that nature. I would send it to the fraud department of chase, and inform yahoo as well.

Dear XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com,

This is your official notification from Chase Bank that the service(s) listed below

will be deactivated and deleted if not renewed immediately. Previous notifications

have been sent to the Chase OnlineSM Contact assigned to this account. As the Primary Contact, you must renew (overview) the service(s) listed below or it will be deactivated and deleted.

2. We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Chase OnlineSM Account may

have been accessed by and unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your

assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Chase OnlineSM system.

The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

Well, that URL appears to be a legitimate link off the main Chase website, but I still wouldn't respond to any unsolicited email with any personal info.

Dear XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com,

Well, that URL appears to be a legitimate link off the main Chase website, but I still wouldn't respond to any unsolicited email with any personal info.

It's not about urls, urls can be spoofed. It's about the trail of servers in the long header. That will determine if it is coming from a chase server or a server somewhere in Europe or asia where most if not all phishing comes from.

lgt

Dear XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com,

It's not about urls, urls can be spoofed. It's about the trail of servers in the long header. That will determine if it is coming from a chase server or a server somewhere in Europe or asia where most if not all phishing comes from.

lgt

Go to Chase's main website and click on the link for Customer Center - Account Services, then click on the link for Access My Accounts. Look familiar??? Unless someone has hacked the DNS root masters, the address is legit.

Edited by TampaDude

sometimes the links that they put in the email is not where it really goes. The warning I posted about the Wells Fargo phishing scam had the real Wells Fargo address in the letter but when you clicked the link, the web addy it went to had an extra "l" and "s" at the end of Fargo

I like getting those when I have never had the accounts, put in all kind s of stupid stuff, like name - D*mn you're an salamander