Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Question for Discussion

The last post in this topic was posted 5358 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I think this debate has been fun. It's a welcome break from watching football and toilet training the cat.

LSU 16 - ALA - 13

GA 10 - AUBURN 7

Husbant went to Auburn. One son went to ALA and another son went to LSU. The pizza's here....come on over if you can stand the noise!!

So, this "lively debate" is over?

The OP decided that he/she had a change of heart and is now going to repay everyone that was included in the BK?

And, have everything re-inserted onto his/her credit reports?

And, pay pryan the ever increasing debt that pryan claims he/she owes? (nobody ever saw the OP deny owing, did they?)

OOOOKKKKK

Let's all go to Sara's for pizza and football (and hope that she's toilet traind her cat before we get there :) )

:clapping:

I think this debate has been fun.  It's a welcome break from watching football and toilet training the cat.

LSU 16 - ALA - 13

GA 10 - AUBURN 7

Husbant went to Auburn.  One son went to ALA and another son went to LSU.  The pizza's here....come on over if you can stand the noise!!

the real important game today was

CANES 47

WF 17

#3 BABY!!!!! Someone beat USC or UT

I agree...you SHOULD pay valid, proveable, legitimate debts...unfortunatley for CAs, virtually NONE of them are (that I've seen)

I understand what you're saying about CAs. I don't think that was the point the OP was making.

For example, say I loan you $20. You end up blowing me off. I have to ask you to pay me back.

Are you going to make me prove it even though you still remember borrowing that $20?

I totally agree...but where has anyone here ever said "You owe the money, but don't bother paying it back"

no one has said "Hey, I bought furniture, now I don't want to pay it" (well, actually, the other day someone wanted to get out of a 4500 Visa debt...we slapped him down) and gotten help doing it...but if a CA or OC adds illegal interest/fees, darn tootin we're gonna try to point that consumer in the right direction to enforce his or her rights...

WHAT??? Didn't you post earlier that if a CA can't "prove" a debt to you, it isn't valid.

So let me use your "logic". Prove to me that I owe you and I will pay you. You are a joke.

Here is a way to avoid interest and fees that may have been tacked on to your balance, pay on time and never let it get to a CA in the first place.

You sound like a professional "victim" who believes nothing is his fault.

I just returned home (damn...every time I leave the house, something happens on here that I wouldn't want to miss)...and am reading through this thread, and posting as I go...

Dude...

You are SO FAR OFF BASE here, it is not even funny. Pryan67 is one of the most highly respected, most principled members of CB, and his advice to people, most of whom are being unfairly and illegally victimized by OCs, CAs and JDB, have helped level the playing field for those so afflicted by financial bottom-feeders who prey on basic ignorance of the laws protecting common members of society.

Your comments are inappropriate and clearly invalid.

I agree...you SHOULD pay valid, proveable, legitimate debts...unfortunatley for CAs, virtually NONE of them are (that I've seen)

I understand what you're saying about CAs. I don't think that was the point the OP was making.

For example, say I loan you $20. You end up blowing me off. I have to ask you to pay me back.

Are you going to make me prove it even though you still remember borrowing that $20?

I totally agree...but where has anyone here ever said "You owe the money, but don't bother paying it back"

no one has said "Hey, I bought furniture, now I don't want to pay it" (well, actually, the other day someone wanted to get out of a 4500 Visa debt...we slapped him down) and gotten help doing it...but if a CA or OC adds illegal interest/fees, darn tootin we're gonna try to point that consumer in the right direction to enforce his or her rights...

WHAT??? Didn't you post earlier that if a CA can't "prove" a debt to you, it isn't valid.

So let me use your "logic". Prove to me that I owe you and I will pay you. You are a joke.

Here is a way to avoid interest and fees that may have been tacked on to your balance, pay on time and never let it get to a CA in the first place.

You sound like a professional "victim" who believes nothing is his fault.

and I'll use YOUR logic (and that of every CA I know of) You KNOW you owe it...so pay it...

here's a way to avoid getting sued for all the CAs out there...follow the laws...and be able to prove what you claim...

I'm not a joke...but I DO know some funny ones...

I'm not a professional victim...on the contrary...I take full responsibility for my actions...always...I know you haven't been around here much...possibly you've been at CI, but this place is different...we respect the law here...and do our best to follow it, and to enforce our rights...unlike CAs of course...

Tell me...imagine you're a CA...what "logic" would you use to claim that a debt for 500 bucks is now 1500...after a year...interest? Fees? What interest and fees were agreed to WITH THE CA?

Here, here, Pryan!

Okay, now I'm actually going to respond to the first message. I wanted to wait until I had read the whole thread before doing so.

Is everyone's motivation either not to pay their debts, or to get stuff off their CBR when it actually is a debt they didn't pay?

I don't think it's everyone's motivation not to pay debts they really owe.

I think that it certainly doesn't add to a person's motivation to pay their debts when they realize their credit scores go down when they pay a debt -- it looks worse to have a recent paid debt than an old unpaid debt to the scoring bots. If you fix that issue, I think more people trying to repair their credit would look at paying their bills as the absolute first thing to do.

If the debt is yours and you try to get it removed based on a technicality, that just doesn't seem right.  You should be working to get it reporting correctly.

If it's a paid debt that is making my credit score look worse than if I had not paid it, I have no ethical qualms whatsoever about getting it off of my credit report. It's not right that my paid chargeoff makes me look worse than if I had not paid the chargeoff, and until they fix that issue with credit scoring then hell yes I want it off of my credit report. If they're reporting it inaccurately, then I'll use that "technicality" to get it off of there. And no, I don't see anything wrong with that. Call me what you will.

Also, there is nothing in the law saying a person MUST report a bad debt to a credit bureau. Anything that *is* reported must be correct and complete, but the law even specifically says nothing requires any furnisher to furnish negative information:

"No provision of this paragraph shall be construed as requiring a financial institution that has provided a customer with a notice described in subparagraph (A) to furnish negative information about the customer to a consumer reporting agency."

They must give advance notification if they plan to report, but nothing makes them have to report.

We all made the decision to use the credit we were given, and we agreed to the interest, late fees, overlimit fees, etc.

We may have agreed to certain interest, late fees, etc -- but are those the fees that are being charged to us? Just because we may have agreed to pay one specific interest rate does not mean that they can charge any interest rate they want, or charge fees that are illegal. Nor does it mean that just because we agreed to one specific interest rate or fee that we don't have the right to make sure that is what we're being charged.

I feel this applies more to CAs than OCs. With a CA, we have no proof that any money we pay them is actually going to go to the creditor unless we ask. If the amount seems obscene and doesn't make logical sense, we have a right to ask for them to prove that amount is correct -- and I think we *are* right to ask it!

I know my view will be unpopular, but I hope to cause some thought about taking responsibility for our past actions.  I am sure the vast majority will continue to feel justified in "cheating the system".

Unfortunately that comment shows that you aren't really wanting a true discussion of this issue, but that you've already made a judgement of the people on this board. And arguing with someone who already has their mind made up is useless. Might as well try to teach a pig to sing.

Shawnee responded to multiplier with the following reply:

I fully understand where you're coming from but I don't think that's the issue the OP(however ironically) was trying to make. I agree with Pryan. Both your and the OPs posts sound like something I would expect to read on ci.com.

------------

Shawnee...Thank you.

Sadly, that is usually the case with some posters. The beauty of CB.com is that common folks, those without a legal or financial background, can level the playing field when being pursued with invalid, or incorrectly reported, debts.

A cursory glance at the stories on this board would indicate a wholesale and willful disregard of the laws by OCs, CAs and JDBs. The average person NEEDS advice to plow through the morass of intentional disregard for their rights under the law.

CB fulfills that purpose for many, and I fail to understand the holier than thou behavior exhibited by a few posters whose positions seem more consistent with those taken on, for example, CI.com. I cannot comprehend why somebody would come here to be anything but supportive of people's attempts to navigate the nightmare of credit repair.

Why would someone come here if they felt that CAs, JDBs and OCs are always correct, and that this board was frequented by nothing but dishonest people looking to get out of valid, and correctly reported, debts?

I just don't get it.

Edited by NoBull

LOL at moriah!!!!!!!!!

don't you know PIGS cant sing.....  They fly........... :P

*grin*

Right now I'd be happy with teaching a certain kitty cat not to bite me because I won't give her any of my TCBY White Chocoloate Mousse and Snicker Shiver.

Just because it looks like "white chocolate mouse" doesn't mean it is a mouse, kitty!

I'd like to chime in here. Earlier this year, I wanted to get into a local first time homebuyers program. Had t oget a credit report in order to apply and I was shocked at what I saw on my reports. It was so upsetting I immediately ordered my other 2 CRA reports and didn't wait for Sept to get my free reports.

I ended up finding this board because I had med CA accts that I knew could not be mine. When I learned about DV letters and started sending htose out, I doscovered that many of those bogus med CA were my mom's bills. The CA dedided top put them on my reports after she died, because I signed her in at the hospital when she was unable to do it herself. I started searching for credit repair and found this board. My bro has tons of my dad's acct on his reports because they have the same initials and had the same addresses (while bro was a minor). My bro has a foreclosure on his reports fomr a mortgage opened in 1980 when he was 6 yrs old, it belongs to my dad. After my dad died my bro started having accts pop up that have now been proven to be my dad's accts. My older sis (executor) sent copies of his death certificate to every acct/cc/etc she could find. Even sent notice to the CRA that he was deceased and included CERTIFIED copies of his death certificate. then the accts started showing up for my bor.

So because we have been scr*wed by CA, I will do anything I can to make them prove each and every debt. I still have a CA for a pager and I have never had a pager, my mom did and I now know she opened accts in my youngest bro name for cell phones and ended up defaulting. I believe she may have opened the pager acct that is in my name. But since my mom is deceased, these CA won't believe we didn't really open these accts. So I will make sure each and every item on my reports is proven to be mine. I am helping all my sibs do the same thing.

I am posting because most people on here seem to be more interested in getting something deleted than paying it.

Come on now, you go buy something at Dillards that costs $2k. You don't pay and it goes to a CA. The CA reports the open date on the account as 10/01 when it was really 11/01. Can you honestly say that justifies (a) not paying the debt and ( getting it deleted?

Did you just go to work for a CA ?

Again, dont speak for everyone, I just had a Sprint PCS Ca put an item of 80 bucks on my report, I was like WTH? Even called Sprint, they had no idea what I was talking about, no I am not going to pay it, cant even get the Ca to respond.

I read another post like this on medical bills,

We paid our car in full after a car accident, OC still listed it as a CO and that we owed 1000 on it, after 6 months of jumping up and down we finally got a letter appologizing, but that didnt help when we needed a new car and had to pay 12% interest. Even in this very thread there is someone who has a like situation to mine and how I feel for them.

Why is it reported sooo often in the news how credit reports have incorrect information in them, to include collections and so on.

And again legal or not, if you really feel like you owe the debt, go back and pay the people you filed BK on .

What is it, are these types of threads now the weekend entertainment sections now.

More Drama for Pry and NO Bull lol.

Deby

What is it about Saturday night, Deby???

I'd like to chime in here. Earlier this year, I wanted to get into a local first time homebuyers program. Had t oget a credit report in order to apply and I was shocked at what I saw on my reports. It was so upsetting I immediately ordered my other 2 CRA reports and didn't wait for Sept to get my free reports.

I ended up finding this board because I had med CA accts that I knew could not be mine. When I learned about DV letters and started sending htose out, I doscovered that many of those bogus med CA were my mom's bills. The CA dedided top put them on my reports after she died, because I signed her in at the hospital when she was unable to do it herself. I started searching for credit repair and found this board. My bro has tons of my dad's acct on his reports because they have the same initials and had the same addresses (while bro was a minor). My bro has a foreclosure on his reports fomr a mortgage opened in 1980 when he was 6 yrs old, it belongs to my dad. After my dad died my bro started having accts pop up that have now been proven to be my dad's accts. My older sis (executor) sent copies of his death certificate to every acct/cc/etc she could find. Even sent notice to the CRA that he was deceased and included CERTIFIED copies of his death certificate. then the accts  started showing up for my bor.

So because we have been scr*wed by CA, I will do anything I can to make them prove each and every debt. I still have a CA for a pager and I have never had a pager, my mom did and I now know she opened accts in my youngest bro name for cell phones and ended up defaulting. I believe she may have opened the pager acct that is in my name. But since my mom is deceased, these CA won't believe we didn't really open these accts. So I will make sure each and every item on my reports is proven to be mine. I am helping all my sibs do the same thing.

you dont have to justify your reasons to the troll.. we are happy to have you here. and like whychat says DONT PAY THE CAs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"multiplier, you two must have so much money(like maybe a trust fund)"

That could not be any farther from the truth.  I'll spare you the details but for the record, I don't even know either of my parents name.  Trust fund?  My entire family consists of me and 2 children.  I've worked extremely hard for everything I have and have ever gotten.

"or know someone with so much money"

Not anyone that I'd ask to do anything for me.

Like I said, if I can make it through life without bailing on my debts, anyone can.

"that you can possibly predict that you'll always pay your bills"

Expect the best and plan for the worst.  There's been a time or two in my life I couldn't pay my bills, but it was temporary and I went back and paid them when I could.  That's a concept many don't seem to understand.  Debt is never truly erased.  Someone gets stuck with it.  Just because time has passed doesn't excuse a person from their obligations.  Deadbeats annoy me.  They also make life more difficult for others.  Again, we wouldn't have to deal with half the junk we have in credit related matters if everyone just paid their bills like they should.

"and that you can handle anything that life throws at you."

I can try.  And if I couldn't, why would I put it on society?  My problems shouldn't be theirs.  Yours shouldn't be mine.

"don't judge people" 

People who fear being judged always say that.

Hey Multiplier...just curious

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...opic=109879&hl=

When are you going to contact those CAs and have them put them back on your reports?

Thank you, Pryan!!! :P

Geez...why come on the credit discussion board if you have those views?  Must be a collector or have a serious antagonistic personality disorder. 

Thank you. This is what I have been saying all along in my MANY fights with multiplier over the last several months.

I just cannot abide that holier-than-thou attitude!

If you had bothered to read my original post carefully, I admitted that I was like you people and wanted to get things deleted, when in fact they were mine. I also said that I am having a change of heart.

You people?

Geez...why come on the credit discussion board if you have those views?  Must be a collector or have a serious antagonistic personality disorder. 

Thank you. This is what I have been saying all along in my MANY fights with multiplier over the last several months.

I just cannot abide that holier-than-thou attitude!

you mean multi has done this before?

What interest and fees were agreed to WITH THE CA?
YOU did when you decided to use credit.  By having others extend you credit, you agreeded to the the laws that govern credit.

Section 808(1) allows "The collection of any amount (including any interest, fee, charge, or expense incidental to the principal obligation) unless such amount is expressly authorized by the agreement creating the debt or permitted by law."

"Authorized by the agreement creating the debt" means the card agreement or contract. 

If you disagree with this, I suggest destroying all your credit cards and make all purchases using cash.

I had a credit card go from $1200 to almost $2k because of fees, etc.  It was allowed by law, and no one's fault but mine that it got that high.  And yes, I paid the entire balance due.If you paid the "entire" balance due-- was this BEFORE you did your BK-- or were these debts you ran up AFTER your BK??

You are confused,perhaps your post castigating those who do not PAY A CA was intended to castigate those who do not pay ( as YOU did not by declaring BK) the ORIGINAL CREDITORS.

I agree that whenever possible, the OC should be paid, in full, exhorbitant interest, late charges and all.

However, once the account has been sold to a JDB,and the OC has written off and charged off the account, ( and obtained a break on taxes from the chargeoff) there is NO obligation to pay a JDB who has taken a gamble that they can extort $$ from the debtor on an account they have purchased for 10 cents on the $ or less. :P

I completely agree!

Okay, lets do a hypothetical scenario here:

Let's say Acme Phone Company says I owe them $62. I know I paid that bill and refuse to pay it again. They turn the alleged debt over to ABC CA who now claims I owe $300.

Is this a legitimate debt? If you are including these type of scenarios in with your "legitimate debt" theory than I can see where you're getting your numbers. Those of us who know better are aware this exact scenario gets posted here all the time. These are not legitimate debts, no matter how much spin you try to attach.

Of course that's not a legitimate debt. Sure that happens often, but most of the problems people have with CAs do come from legitimate debts.

How can you honestly make that statement with a straight face? How do YOU know that?

Okay, lets do a hypothetical scenario here:

Let's say Acme Phone Company says I owe them $62. I know I paid that bill and refuse to pay it again. They turn the alleged debt over to ABC CA who now claims I owe $300.

Is this a legitimate debt? If you are including these type of scenarios in with your "legitimate debt" theory than I can see where you're getting your numbers. Those of us who know better are aware this exact scenario gets posted here all the time. These are not legitimate debts, no matter how much spin you try to attach.

Of course that's not a legitimate debt. Sure that happens often, but most of the problems people have with CAs do come from legitimate debts.

How can you honestly make that statement with a straight face? How do YOU know that?

all mine were legitimate debts and I didnt pay a dime to the CAs. nor will I never.

Is everyone's motivation either not to pay their debts, or to get stuff off their CBR when it actually is a debt they didn't pay?

I have to admit that I was thinking the same way, but I am starting to have a change of heart.  If you owe a debt, you should pay it. And yes I have no unpaid collections or unpaid closed accts on my CBR.  However, I was trying to get items off my CBR when they really were mine.

Shouldn't the real movtivation be to fiqure out how to pay things and to make sure they are being reported correctly to the CRAs? 

If the debt is yours and you try to get it removed based on a technicality, that just doesn't seem right.  You should be working to get it reporting correctly.

We all made the decision to use the credit we were given, and we agreed to the interest, late fees, overlimit fees, etc. 

Everyone hates having to deal with CAs and collectors, but it isn't their fault that we didn't pay our bills.  I am in no way condoning the tactics that some of them use.

I know my view will be unpopular, but I hope to cause some thought about taking responsibility for our past actions.  I am sure the vast majority will continue to feel justified in "cheating the system".

I guess with that logic you should give your land back to the American Indians.

"multiplier, you two must have so much money(like maybe a trust fund)"

That could not be any farther from the truth.  I'll spare you the details but for the record, I don't even know either of my parents name.  Trust fund?  My entire family consists of me and 2 children.  I've worked extremely hard for everything I have and have ever gotten.

"or know someone with so much money"

Not anyone that I'd ask to do anything for me.

Like I said, if I can make it through life without bailing on my debts, anyone can.

"that you can possibly predict that you'll always pay your bills"

Expect the best and plan for the worst.  There's been a time or two in my life I couldn't pay my bills, but it was temporary and I went back and paid them when I could.  That's a concept many don't seem to understand.  Debt is never truly erased.  Someone gets stuck with it.  Just because time has passed doesn't excuse a person from their obligations.  Deadbeats annoy me.  They also make life more difficult for others.  Again, we wouldn't have to deal with half the junk we have in credit related matters if everyone just paid their bills like they should.

"and that you can handle anything that life throws at you."

I can try.  And if I couldn't, why would I put it on society?  My problems shouldn't be theirs.  Yours shouldn't be mine.

"don't judge people" 

People who fear being judged always say that.

Hey Multiplier...just curious

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...opic=109879&hl=

When are you going to contact those CAs and have them put them back on your reports?

mmmmmm, Pryan do you realize what your doing?

*lol* Asking someone to practice what they preach?

:P:rofl::rofl:

Finally, somebody else did!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I kept getting into trouble for doing it!

I have to admit that I was thinking the same way, but I am starting to have a change of heart.  If you owe a debt, you should pay it. And yes I have no unpaid collections or unpaid closed accts on my CBR.  However, I was trying to get items off my CBR when they really were mine.

Shouldn't the real movtivation be to fiqure out how to pay things and to make sure they are being reported correctly to the CRAs? 

Everyone hates having to deal with CAs and collectors, but it isn't their fault that we didn't pay our bills.  I am in no way condoning the tactics that some of them use.

I guess with that logic you should give your land back to the American Indians.

hey kemosabe ill take his land

The last post in this topic was posted 5358 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.