Sign in to follow this  
nikki05

Why won't the EQ score increase?

I have been working on DH's reports for the past month and a half. I have seen his scores for EX and TU go up anywhere from 30 to 60 points on TC.

I know these are FAKOS but I was wondering as to why EQ has not budged despite the fact that four paid medical collections were deleted. Is this normal its very frustating.

Nikki

Sorry to thread jack but I wanted to ask you, how did you get paid collections deleted? I am getting no where with them. They just keep "reaging" the accounts everytime I dispute.

And I use TC as well and EXP is the one that gives me a hard time whereas EW is just constantly jumping all over the place.

Steph

Paid or unpaid doesn't matter score-wise. But, It's possible that the age of the accounts was contributing to your score. Better to have a clean report. Plus, as an aside, my TC FAKO's have increased a couple of times with NO INCREASE IN FICO.

They aren't the same. Don't worry about it. Remember the end goal of a clean report.

Often, even deletions of a neg do not help raise the score because the loss of the age on the neg counterbalances the effect the baddie has on the score.

Even negs contribute to age. And since baddies lose their negative effect on score progressively, a very old baddie might have less of a negative effect on the score than the positive effect on the score to be gained with deletion.

Of course, this has to do with the overall CR...average age of accounts...whether it is a thick or thin file, etc.

Regarding the fact that is is only EQ which is not budging...Are there any other variations between the reports?

Roxie:

I disputed as "I never opened and account with this entity" If they were verified, I sent a note to the CRAs requesting they provided me with the date of service, service provided or procedure performed, who the service was provided to, the name of the person providing the information and finally the method in which the CRA was receiving the information. Instead of responding they deleted. :blush:

Nikki