Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

HIPAA progress - next level (Why Chat?)

The last post in this topic was posted 5463 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

An update to my HIPAA complaint...

I sent the first HIPAA letter, along with payment and restrictive endorsement per Why Chat's program. The dispute letters came back as "unable to verify" unless additional identification and signature sent (did not do so). I sent the second letter, no response.

Today I pull my reports, and the CA is showing as "paid" (uh-oh!... this time there was a restrictive endorsement!). I have my OCR complaint drafted and ready to send, as well as complaints to the AG's office and our Consumer Services office (Florida).

My question is... do I DV the CA or leave it alone for now? And should I redispute with the CRAs and send the requested personal info? It's been a long road, but I'm still at it... :)

Thanks!

An update to my HIPAA complaint...

I sent the first HIPAA letter, along with payment and restrictive endorsement per Why Chat's program. The dispute letters came back as "unable to verify" unless additional identification and signature sent (did not do so). I sent the second letter, no response.

Today I pull my reports, and the CA is showing as "paid" (uh-oh!... this time there was a restrictive endorsement!). I have my OCR complaint drafted and ready to send, as well as complaints to the AG's office and our Consumer Services office (Florida).

My question is... do I DV the CA or leave it alone for now? And should I redispute with the CRAs and send the requested personal info? It's been a long road, but I'm still at it... :aggressive:

Thanks!

I suggest a brief letter to the OC stating that as a COURTESY you are notifying them of your intent to file a HIPAA complaint based on their non PP in communicating and publishing private medical data AFTER there was no longer any permitted business purpose.

That your evidence that you will be submitting consists of the copy of the restrictive endorsed payment directly to them and your original HIPAA letter and the non permitted communication to the CRA via the CA as evidenced by the credit report reporting the account as a paid collection item.

Give them your fax # and/or tel# and advise them that if they wish to communicate with you prior to your filing the complaint in 10 days, they may do so.

Make sure that there is NOTHING in your letter to them that can be construed as a "threat" ,as the HIPAA complaint will not be valid if they can produce any documentation that indicates you were using the process as "blackmail".

If you file the complaint, you need to include references to THIS "courtesy" letter as well as everything else to demonstrate that you did everything possible to correct the OC violation before you filed the complaint.

*** U P D A T E ***

WhyChat, you truly ROCK! After sending the "courtesy" letter, the OC folded like a tent.... Pulled the tri-merge this morning and *poof*.. it was gone!

Thank you again, and for the newbs reading this, FOLLOW THE HIPAA INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER, WhyChat's program DOES work!

Now for a couple more pesky paid medicals and I'm home free. This success gives me serious motivation! :o

The last post in this topic was posted 5463 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.