Sign in to follow this  
LukeDuke

CRAP ONE!!! THEY SAID IT WASNT POSSIBLE

Well, after being constantly verified with the CRAs, I decided to send a PFD letter to Crap One. Original balance was 1248 and I offered a PFD for $350. I used the PFD letter in the LETTER DATABASE and the letter was faxed back to me signed. I sent the Postal Money Order today Express Mail so it will be guaranteed to reach them by tomorrow at 12pm. For those of you who are interested in this, being that there were VERY MANY who said that CRAP ONE was virtually impossible, I will continue to keep this topic updated as my situation does so.

Well, after being constantly verified with the CRAs, I decided to send a PFD letter to Crap One. Original balance was 1248 and I offered a PFD for $350. I used the PFD letter in the LETTER DATABASE and the letter was faxed back to me signed. I sent the Postal Money Order today Express Mail so it will be guaranteed to reach them by tomorrow at 12pm. For those of you who are interested in this, being that there were VERY MANY who said that CRAP ONE was virtually impossible, I will continue to keep this topic updated as my situation does so.

Can you give the contact info that you sent it to, please?

LukeDuke, I hate to sound pessimistic, but if I were you I would ask for the original signed copy to be mailed to you. Something about a "faxed" copy doesn't sound as good as having the actual document with the ink on it.

Maybe its just me being paranoid though ;)

Star Wars:

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

I truely hope it works out...I just trust Cap One about as far as I can throw the fat guy in their commercials...Please let us know, maybe somebody over there developed a personality or something...

LukeDuke, I hate to sound pessimistic, but if I were you I would ask for the original signed copy to be mailed to you.  Something about a "faxed" copy doesn't sound as good as having the actual document with the ink on it.

Maybe its just me being paranoid though  :blush:

I have to agree with you...that and I wouldn't be a bit suprised if you don't get a tax form from them for the "forgiven" part of the debt. :rofl: Crossing my fingers for you though that they do what they agreed to do...DELETE! :D Congrats!

LukeDuke, I hate to sound pessimistic, but if I were you I would ask for the original signed copy to be mailed to you.  Something about a "faxed" copy doesn't sound as good as having the actual document with the ink on it.

Maybe its just me being paranoid though  :huh:

I have to agree with you...that and I wouldn't be a bit suprised if you don't get a tax form from them for the "forgiven" part of the debt. :aggressive: Crossing my fingers for you though that they do what they agreed to do...DELETE! :aggressive: Congrats!

He did explain to me the process of having to send the tax form. As a matter of fact, he tried to use that to lead me away from wanting to settle, however, I reasoned with him that the tax I would pay on the forgiven part would be much less than the forgiven part itself. Anyhow, the only thing that he had me change about the PFD letter was the part I had in there about having deleted within 10 days, however, he said that it could be done on their end, however, it could take up to 60 to 90 days for the bureaus themselves to delete. I will need to reference the actual copy of the letter that I have saved, and I can let you know where I sent it to. As many of you may despise it, I actually reached this point as a result of talking on the phone back and forth with this guy, after which we came to a conclusion of a PFD. This was set to fall of of my reports in August of 2006, however, I am trying to purchase my first house in May, therefore, I took that route. Will continue to keep you guys posted.

**UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE****

:):clapping::clapping:

The Capital One tradeline had gotten deleted during the NOT MINE phase from Transunion, so this tradeline was only reporting on Equifax and Experian. As of today's TRUECREDIT UPDATE, CAPITAL ONE IS GONE FROM EXPERIAN and I experienced a 65 point FAKO jump!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I guess there is hope with CRAP ONE. And now just to get rid of this tradeline with EQUIFAX!!! I'm going to stay on them....you better believe it.

ITS FINAL...CRAP ONE IS GONE OFF ALL THREE REPORTS!!!! VICTORY FOR ME!!!!! THANKS CB. STILL GOT QUITE A WAYS TO GO!!!!

that's so inspirational..

I have two cap1 accounts Co'ed, one for $19.00 and the other around 1,500; I'd like to try PFD.

Was yours out of SOL? and did you do all the negotiations by phone? Or did you start by writing?

Luke - Did you handle all of this by fax, was the CO out of the SOL for collections but within the SOL for 7-yr (or 7.5-yr) reporting? Inquiring minds want to know....

Congrats!!

that's so inspirational..

I have two cap1 accounts Co'ed, one for $19.00 and the other around 1,500;  I'd like to try PFD.

Was yours out of SOL?  and did you do all the negotiations by phone? Or did you start by writing?

it was out of SOL and not out of reporting period however. First went delinquent 9/1999. I started process on the phone and completed it by fax and U.S. mail of course for the payment. He was a supervisor so didnt want me to channel any calls directly to him, however I did post the fax number that he had me sending everything to. I was clear with him however, as I told him that if he did not agree I would not pay a dime and let the debt fall off of reporting in September of 2006. So I guess he felt something is better than nothing. LOL. Anyhow, good luck to all of you. All questions welcome.