Sign in to follow this  
Roxie

Obsolete Positive TL's?????

Ok. Experian is by far my lowest score. I am 615 on TU and 610 on EQ but Exp is 545 :( . I got a copy of my Exp CR in the mail friday and nearly the ENTIRE THING is reading incorrectly. I mean what do these people do,....just sit there and put whatever they want on peoples credit file! :clapping:

I think the main reason is they are listing positive TLs as obsolete. Maybe I am not sure what obsolete means but it seems like 3 fully paid ON TIME autoloans don't quite seem so obsolete to me.

The question is, what is obsolete. I am understanding it correctly and is this hurting my score?

Roxie

I have an auto loan being reported as obsolete as well (can't remember if it's EQ or EX). It doesn't show up as a negative though, but would be interested to hear what the experts on the board interpret this notation to be.

Ok.  Experian is by far my lowest score.  I am 615 on TU and 610 on EQ but Exp is 545 :( .  I got a copy of my Exp CR in the mail friday and nearly the ENTIRE THING is reading incorrectly.  I mean what do these people do,....just sit there and put whatever they want on peoples credit file!  :clapping:

I think the main reason is they are listing positive TLs as obsolete.  Maybe I am not sure what obsolete means but it seems like 3 fully paid ON TIME autoloans don't quite seem so obsolete to me.

The question is, what is obsolete.  I am understanding it correctly and is this hurting my score?

Roxie

It probably the same as "UNRATED"

It is my understanding that CRA's aren't required to report positive tradelines after 10 years from the date of last activity or account closure. Then again you're talking about the mother of all beasts EX. They make up the rules as they go along.

How old are the tradelines? Are they closed, paid out, and have had no activity for awhile?

Ok.  Experian is by far my lowest score.  I am 615 on TU and 610 on EQ but Exp is 545 <_< .  I got a copy of my Exp CR in the mail friday and nearly the ENTIRE THING is reading incorrectly.  I mean what do these people do,....just sit there and put whatever they want on peoples credit file!  :aggressive:

I think the main reason is they are listing positive TLs as obsolete.  Maybe I am not sure what obsolete means but it seems like 3 fully paid ON TIME autoloans don't quite seem so obsolete to me.

The question is, what is obsolete.  I am understanding it correctly and is this hurting my score?

Roxie

i dont know if it is hurting your score but i agree with you experian is the worst they dont want to correct your address or take incorrect ones off i hate dealing with them they are my worst report also but from what I understand obsolete is when the debt reaches 7 yrs maybe someone else can also help out on this.

In this case, I think obsolete means something different. Mine is being reported that way on a CURRENT auto loan.