Sign in to follow this  
rootnik

My sucess story

For the Sucess forum...

My credit repair adventure started in 2003.

My first pulled credit reports had:

No positive trade lines

Equifax: 11 collection accounts (4 paid)

Transunion: 8 collection accounts

Experian: 7 collection accounts

No repos, no BK, no public records. Just a lot of small accounts. (nothing over $500)

My Equifax fico was 503. Experian and TU were 520-540.

I started off with the personal information. Transunion had a SSN that wasn't mine, and an incorrect birthday. I disputed my old addresses, and got them removed (with the exception of Experian).

Then I followed the advice of this and another credit forum and delivered the 1-2 punch.

My first round of disputes were accounts that were listed on all 3 credit reports I had 6 of these accounts, 3 of them where deleted from all CRAs!

After the first round of disputes, I did a blanket dispute on my paid collection accounts on Equifax. All 4 were removed. Lucky me!

I arranged a PFD with a bank I owed money to, this TL was listed on all 3 reports.

Things where moving along pretty quick...

I cleaned my Transunion report up, minus 1 baddie, in less than a year. I still had no positive TLs...

I got 2 medical bills removed using WhyChat's hippa method...

In August of 2004 I got approved for a car loan. My first approval since I was 18!

Then, I got burnt out. I still had a few baddies scattered around that were sticking like glue. It seemed that I have leeched all I could get out of the 1-2 punch.

For about 6 months nothing much really happened. I checked my credit once a month or so to see if anything new had shown up, but that is about it.

My wife and I started talking about buying a house, and that motivated me to start chipping away at my report again.

I disputed two 7 year old TLs as obsolete. Both were deleted off all 3.

I got a National City secured card, and applied for the target guest card and was approved.

Down to 2 baddies!!!

Then we made a big mistake! Without opting out, my wife asked a friend of hers to pull our credit reports to see what type of mortgage we could get. A week later Allied Interstate showed up on all 3 CRAs :(

I did a simple dispute, and got it deleted off all 3 easily in less than a couple weeks. Again, lucky me.

CBCS was one of my last 2 baddies. They never replied to any of my validation requests. Not wanting to take the time to sue, I sent an letter to Equifax explaining to them the trouble I was having getting a hold of CBCS. This must have been a BIG ongoing problem with CBCS because Equifax deleted within 24 hours.

TU and Experian did not show me the same love though. I fired off a complaint to the BBB. About a month later they caved in and deleted the account from my other reports.

After these deletes I had one baddie left, and it was only on my Equifax report. The CA was Firstpoint Collection Resources. It was for the huge sum of $58. It was for an old Insurance account that I closed in good standing.

This was by far the toughest to get rid off. They sent me proper validation of the account (but not the debt) monthly. They would not PFD. Even the CEO denied my request/goodwill letter for a PFD. It was time to find out just how much this $58 account was worth to them...

So I fired off complaints to the AG, BBB, and the Department of Insurance all on the same day. I disputed with Equifax, this time in a hand written letter explaining to them that the account was closed in good standing. And just when I was about to give up, I checked my credit reports. After 2 years of disputes it was finally deleted!

Now my credit report has:

No baddies

1 car loan (12 months)

$250 Secured National City (8 months)

$200 Target (7 months)

$400 Chase Platinum (3 months)

Soon to be reporting:

$2500 Bank Of America Unsecured (1 month)

$6300 Amex Starwood (1 month)

$7800 Amex Blue (1 month)

$8300 Amex Optima Platinum (1 month)

My report is very young. These new accounts are going to hurt more scores for a few months, but a year from now I hope they will rebound enough to get a good prime interest rate on a mortgage. By then I will have no inquires, my utilization will stay under 10%, and have nothing but good trade lines.

My suggestions to people who are just starting:

Never give up. This isn't going to happen over night. It takes many of us years to completely clean our reports.

Get a couple of secured cards NOW. Don't wait until after you cleaned house like I did. Now I have high scores, but short history and still get denied for many cards my scores say I should get approved for.

Don't think that the 1-2 punch is your only weapon (though it should be your first line of defense), especially with low dollar accounts. The BBB has been VERY good to me in dealing with unfair CAs. Send complaints to the BBB, ACA, AG and the Department of Insurance and send them all at the same time! Keep them busy, and have them question whether or not this $30 account is really worth all of the work they are putting in to it.

This place has been good as gold to me. Thank all of you for making Credit Boards the resource it is today.

:beee:

My friend - you give me hope

My journey started only today. I feel as though I am standing on the shoulders of giants. Thank you and keep on livin'!!! L-I-V-I-N!! :wub:

Best Always,

Big Lew

I had to come back and read this again.

I got the TransUnion frivolous letter today!

So it's HELLO procedural request.....

Similar strory I just wanted to share that I have finally found a company that did what they said. I tried on my own and that was good, but i tried 2 other companies and they couldn't do a thing. The only one that had complete success was igotcaughttryingtospam.com. There online tracking portal was the biggest help bc the other 2 I could never get on the phone. Here I just logged in and saw the date they worked on it, what was deleted and so on, and each time a change was made I recieved an automatic email.they also analyze to see if you even qualify, so it's not a waste of time. Very impressive. atc. They spam.com :(

once again, we don't allow solicitation here

It is sneaky trying to build the spam into the post, but you will be caught.

Edited by breeze

For the Sucess forum...

My credit repair adventure started in 2003.

My first pulled credit reports had:

No positive trade lines

Equifax: 11 collection accounts (4 paid)

Transunion: 8 collection accounts

Experian: 7 collection accounts

No repos, no BK, no public records. Just a lot of small accounts. (nothing over $500)

My Equifax fico was 503. Experian and TU were 520-540.

I started off with the personal information. Transunion had a SSN that wasn't mine, and an incorrect birthday. I disputed my old addresses, and got them removed (with the exception of Experian).

Then I followed the advice of this and another credit forum and delivered the 1-2 punch.

My first round of disputes were accounts that were listed on all 3 credit reports I had 6 of these accounts, 3 of them where deleted from all CRAs!

After the first round of disputes, I did a blanket dispute on my paid collection accounts on Equifax. All 4 were removed. Lucky me!

I arranged a PFD with a bank I owed money to, this TL was listed on all 3 reports.

Things where moving along pretty quick...

I cleaned my Transunion report up, minus 1 baddie, in less than a year. I still had no positive TLs...

I got 2 medical bills removed using WhyChat's hippa method...

In August of 2004 I got approved for a car loan. My first approval since I was 18!

Then, I got burnt out. I still had a few baddies scattered around that were sticking like glue. It seemed that I have leeched all I could get out of the 1-2 punch.

For about 6 months nothing much really happened. I checked my credit once a month or so to see if anything new had shown up, but that is about it.

My wife and I started talking about buying a house, and that motivated me to start chipping away at my report again.

I disputed two 7 year old TLs as obsolete. Both were deleted off all 3.

I got a National City secured card, and applied for the target guest card and was approved.

Down to 2 baddies!!!

Then we made a big mistake! Without opting out, my wife asked a friend of hers to pull our credit reports to see what type of mortgage we could get. A week later Allied Interstate showed up on all 3 CRAs :blink:

I did a simple dispute, and got it deleted off all 3 easily in less than a couple weeks. Again, lucky me.

CBCS was one of my last 2 baddies. They never replied to any of my validation requests. Not wanting to take the time to sue, I sent an letter to Equifax explaining to them the trouble I was having getting a hold of CBCS. This must have been a BIG ongoing problem with CBCS because Equifax deleted within 24 hours.

TU and Experian did not show me the same love though. I fired off a complaint to the BBB. About a month later they caved in and deleted the account from my other reports.

After these deletes I had one baddie left, and it was only on my Equifax report. The CA was Firstpoint Collection Resources. It was for the huge sum of $58. It was for an old Insurance account that I closed in good standing.

This was by far the toughest to get rid off. They sent me proper validation of the account (but not the debt) monthly. They would not PFD. Even the CEO denied my request/goodwill letter for a PFD. It was time to find out just how much this $58 account was worth to them...

So I fired off complaints to the AG, BBB, and the Department of Insurance all on the same day. I disputed with Equifax, this time in a hand written letter explaining to them that the account was closed in good standing. And just when I was about to give up, I checked my credit reports. After 2 years of disputes it was finally deleted!

Now my credit report has:

No baddies

1 car loan (12 months)

$250 Secured National City (8 months)

$200 Target (7 months)

$400 Chase Platinum (3 months)

Soon to be reporting:

$2500 Bank Of America Unsecured (1 month)

$6300 Amex Starwood (1 month)

$7800 Amex Blue (1 month)

$8300 Amex Optima Platinum (1 month)

My report is very young. These new accounts are going to hurt more scores for a few months, but a year from now I hope they will rebound enough to get a good prime interest rate on a mortgage. By then I will have no inquires, my utilization will stay under 10%, and have nothing but good trade lines.

My suggestions to people who are just starting:

Never give up. This isn't going to happen over night. It takes many of us years to completely clean our reports.

Get a couple of secured cards NOW. Don't wait until after you cleaned house like I did. Now I have high scores, but short history and still get denied for many cards my scores say I should get approved for.

Don't think that the 1-2 punch is your only weapon (though it should be your first line of defense), especially with low dollar accounts. The BBB has been VERY good to me in dealing with unfair CAs. Send complaints to the BBB, ACA, AG and the Department of Insurance and send them all at the same time! Keep them busy, and have them question whether or not this $30 account is really worth all of the work they are putting in to it.

This place has been good as gold to me. Thank all of you for making Credit Boards the resource it is today.

I can't wait to follow in your foot steps! Congratulations to you!

I was wondering if I should look into getting secured cards now. Thanks for answering that for me.

Congratulations!!!! I hope to be in your shoes soon!!!!!!