Sign in to follow this  
Roxie

Mr. Cooke

I have read that there is a Mr. Cooke on the forum that is a Cap One rep. and has been helpful to many people. I need his help getting one 30 day late removed. Mr. Cooke if you are out there, please help! Its a recent hit and its killing my score.

It happened as the result of a stolen bank debt card so I have to cancel the account and order all new checks and debt cards. Since I live in Hawaii and tha bank is on the mainland, it took nearly 5 weeks to see my new debt card and checks,....in the mean time I had NO access to any of my direct deposit paycheck. I furnished Cap 1 with a letter from my bank verifying all of this but they said....technically your payment was still late regardless of circumstance and they could not change it.

I say,....not that they can't....they won't.

I say every person who writes the rules for these CCC's I hope one day something bad happens to them and they are subjected to the same incompassion that I have been.

Anyhow, thanks for your time if you get this.

Roxie

Do a search for "CapOne" and "executive" -- you'll get enough hits to find more recently posted names and addresses. Matthew Sharp is one of them.

Mr. Cooke used to work out of Cap1's Florida location, but when that site closed down, he obviously went somewhere else. Where is the question, but people often had good luck contacting him directly at Cap1.

I found John Bean 12076-0160(no idea what that number is maybe his employee number? This is from the richmond ofice. Im getting ready to write to him since PFB is still down..

Mr. Cooke is long gone, sorry.

GONE WITH THE WIND...

I liked him for the most part EXCEPT one time my wife was home sick and told him to talk to me and he said no because I was not on the account (WE LATER MADE IT A JOINT ACCOUNT)

I WOULD NOT HAVE A $22,500 @ 5.90% FIXED BT & PURCHASES IF HE DIDN'T HELP...

Edited by GEORGE

IVORY TOWER NUMBER I HAVE IN FRONT OF ME...

1-800-955-1455

DON'T MENTION THE NAME MR COOKE

SOME PEOPLE LIE AND SAY HE NEVER WORKED THERE!!!

IT IS POSSIBLE HE FIRED THE WHOLE DEPARTMENT AND LEFT HIMSELF AT THE SAME TIME

I hope he went to a better job

FOR ALL I KNOW HE MAY NOW BE A JR VP WITH CAPITAL ONE!!!

Or at a different bank or different business all together

Edited by GEORGE

George, some advice on Cap one please. Before CB, in 2001, I had a account that went to collections. The only bill I still have(4/01) showed owing $605.44, $100 being past due and over limit fees. I have a letter from them in 3/01 stating my account had been suspended due to being delinquent. I was unable to do anything at the time. In 3/03 I contacted Cap 1 who referred me to Mitchell Kay their "collector" They offered a payoff, I paid basically what I owed($588) minus the late fees, overlimit fees that brought my account up to $1200. (my CR's state i still owe $488 on 2 and $932 on the other)My letter from him says Above refferenced matter is now considered settled, the letter from Cap 1 is we recieved payment of XXX and the balance has been settled. we will advise the CRA that your account has been settled. I now realize what that means, but was lead to believe that my account would be clear, paid in full. Yes I was very dumb in assuming that BUT now do you have a contact name and Im ready to tackle this one once and for all. Executive Relations office I read a contact name of John Bean ever heard of him? Thanks for your time, sorry to hijack this thread..

I just have a question....If you dont have any checks, couldnt you have sent a money order to prevent the late fee?

Edited by bobnurse

Since Cooke left my Cap1 card has been stuck at $10K but they do send a purchase check each month ...lol

I just have a question....If you dont have any checks, couldnt you have sent a money order to prevent the late fee?

I think the OP said that he/she had no checks and no debit card and that the bank was on the mainland and he/she is in Hawaii. I believe that OP also said paychecks were direct deposited to said mainland bank. Therefore the OP had no way to access the funds from his pay to obtain a money order. At least that is what I got from the post.... I could be wrong. I would definately be looking into splitting my direct deposit between my "mainland" MAIN banking account and a brand spankin' new "emergency" account on Island after this fiasco if I were OP!!! :dntknw:

I just have a question....If you dont have any checks, couldnt  you have sent a money order to prevent the late fee?

I had no access to my direct deposit in order to purchase a money order. For 5 weeks. We are military so we have no choice but to get paid through direct deposit.

Ok forgive me for being a little slow here but I still need a name and number of someone who can help me if Mr. Cooke is not avail. This one hit that they refuse to remove is causing serious damage.

Rox

Ok forgive me for being a little slow here but I still need a name and number of someone who can help me if Mr. Cooke is not avail.  This one hit that they refuse to remove is causing serious damage.

Rox

I GAVE YOU A NUMBER!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IVORY TOWER NUMBER I HAVE IN FRONT OF ME...

1-800-955-1455

I JUST DON'T HAVE A NAME...

JUST DON'T ASK FOR MR COOKE

DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU HAVE TO HAVE A NAME TO GET IN THE "DOOR" (or past the one who answers the phone???)

Edited by GEORGE

Ok forgive me for being a little slow here but I still need a name and number of someone who can help me if Mr. Cooke is not avail.  This one hit that they refuse to remove is causing serious damage.

Rox

Roxie, are you reading the responses??? I gave you a name, George gave you a phone number. 43texan gave you another name besides. Those were all within the first ten posts more than twelve hours ago.

I have seen Matthew Sharp more than once so I think I will use him first then John Bean if I get no response....

I just called the number that George posted and I was told that they could not and would not remove any late payments that they are reporting to the CRAs unless the late payment was a result of a mistake on their part.