Sign in to follow this  
fiveyearbet

How can I pay my bills with a Credit Card

I have some bills that I need to pay with a credit card, but the company I want to pay does not accept credit card payments. They only accept checks or money orders. And for certain reasons I dont want to pay them with a check. I only wish to pay with a credit card. So I was wondering if there is a bill-paying service out there that will accept credit card payments from me, and then pay my bills by mailing checks in my behalf to whatever account I want paid.

BTW I know that there are bill-paying services that can pay your bills, but such services will only accept payment from you via debit/checking account. They will NOT accept payment from you via credit card, so that option is out. Also I know that some credit card companies offer a service where they can pay certain bills for you, but that option has been ruled out in this case. It's just not an option here.

So in essence, I am specifically looking for a bill-paying service that will accept credit card payments from me, and then pay my bills by mailing checks in my behalf to whatever account I want paid. If you know of such a service or if you have suggestions please let me know.

See if you have checks from the cc company. You can use them for balance transfers or to pay bills....

If there is; would certainly make maxing out a rewards card more simple and valuable.

In the alternate get a Penfed Visa card, same rate for purchase or cash advance and they will send you checks for a 4.99% no fee promo as long as it lasts.

If there is; would certainly make maxing out a rewards card more simple and valuable.

In the alternate get a Penfed Visa card, same rate for purchase or cash advance and they will send you checks for a 4.99% no fee promo as long as it lasts.

I just called penfed and was told that cash advance checks carry a higher interest rate than BTs. 12.99% vs 4.99%. Whats the source of your info?

As long as you pay off your balance every month, use the checks they give you - it's a free float. It's silly not to unless you can't pay it off -which then you shouldn't be using your card since you don't have the money.

As long as you pay off your balance every month, use the checks they give you - it's a free float. It's silly not to unless you can't pay it off -which then you shouldn't be using your card since you don't have the money.

I think that cc checks work differently than a purchase does. I believe that once the check clears, the account then starts accruing interest(I dont think there is a grace period on convenience checks). Lets say I write a cc check for $200 to company x, 25 days later the payment is due..... If I were to pay in full, I would owe the original $200 plus 25 days of interest at the cc companies cash advance rate (unless they are promotional checks) If I am wrong, please correct me...however this is how it has worked for me in the past.

Some CC's allow you to BT directly to your checking account (I know Citi, Chase have)

But you do not earn rewards on BT from them. Only one I have that I do earn rewards on BT's is from UMB.

Edited by ClarkeCO