Sign in to follow this  
scuba_texas

Wanted to share my success

I just wanted to thank everyone on these boards for all the help you all have provided this past year, even if some of you didn't know you helped me. I haven't posted many questions because I got so many answers from reading others, so many of you don't even know how much you helped!!!

I was working on BF's credit so that we could buy a house together. His scores started in the high 500's a year ago with 10-15 baddies on each report. His scores are right at 700 on all three reports now and we closed on our house on Friday with great interest rates. His reports aren't completely clean (yet) but they are much better. He even got a Home Depot card with a $1500 limit on Friday. His first unsecured card in about 10 years!!!! :lol:

We couldn't have done all this without Creditboards and the people here. It's such a great place.

THANKS CB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scuba_texas,

Do you mind if I move this into the success stories forum? I know it gets more traffic here but it's cool to keep track of these and having it in that forum keeps it from getting lost in this our busiest place, let me know, I won't move it unless you say so.

scuba_texas,

Do you mind if I move this into the success stories forum? I know it gets more traffic here but it's cool to keep track of these and having it in that forum keeps it from getting lost in this our busiest place, let me know, I won't move it unless you say so.

I don't mind at all.

BF's credit success story is not quite complete in the sense that he still has a few more baddies to get rid of eventually, but it is complete in that we accomplished our goal of buying our house!!!

hello All,

i just joined the site today and iam on the edge with the whole credit thing, me and my wife have so many things on our credit, stuff that is not us and some stuff that is us. I have read through alot of people stories about how they turned it around! but what iam looking for is some thoughts on what to do first and where to go from there! i mean i see the sample letters, but i feel like iam a little lost to all of it and just looking for some help and thanks for anyones help, and hope to hear from anyone with some ideas or maybe just a break down of what you did that got your scores up! thanks

Joe

That is fantastic news. Although it is great for you, it is good for me as well.

My current credit is about 564. I just put in a payment plan for an old debt. I did it via Amex.

There is hope for me too.