Equifax & Experian won't budge!

The last post in this topic was posted 5758 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Last year. I owed the IRS money. I paid them in full by Jan 2005. At the time they had my account in their collections dept and they filed a lien. However, I contested the lien because they never gave me an opportunity to respond to the money owed. They agreed and sent me an apology letter basically stating they inadvertently filed the lien.

Here is the problem. The lien appeared on my credit reports. I sent a letter to each one explaining the situation along with a copy of IRS letter. I asked each one to please remove lien from my credit report.

TransUnion did it immediately, however, Eq and Ex won't budge. I've sent them each 2 letters. All I get is a computer print out saying lien was filed by IRS.

What should i do? Do I need to change my letter..is there another way?

Last year. I owed the IRS money. I paid them in full by Jan 2005. At the time they had my account in their collections dept and they filed a lien. However, I contested the lien because they never gave me an opportunity to respond to the money owed.  They agreed and sent me an apology letter basically stating they inadvertently filed the lien.

Here is the problem. The lien appeared on my credit reports. I sent a letter to each one explaining the situation along with a copy of IRS letter. I asked each one to please remove lien from my credit report.

TransUnion did it immediately,  however, Eq and Ex won't budge. I've sent them each 2 letters. All I get is a computer print out saying lien was filed by IRS.

What should i do? Do I need to change my letter..is there another way?

I would write the CRA and state that incorrect information is being reported that always seen to work. And to Please Remove.

The last post in this topic was posted 5758 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.