hegemony

oddball cards

there are so many...

SFB is one too.

I recently got Zions First National Bank for 10K...bk-friendly. I wonder how many other oddball and/or regional banks are too????

Edited by hegemony

chase, mbna, BOA, citi, amex...boring cards. everone body has one (well not me except for AUs).

but FNBO? JCB? Blue Ball?

there are some many cards that are not run of the mill. and many offer better APRs and other terms than the BIG BOYS/GIRLS cards from chase, mbna, BOA, citi, amex...

unsure if this is what you are looking for, but around here Umpqua Bank has sprung up lately. they have visas issued by elan...

My local CU has one (not through CU) that is World Points Visa. It says:

The Most Rewarding Card of AllSM

Earn points and get what you want—cash, travel, merchandise, and gift certificates.

Only the WorldPoints® card gives you the freedom to choose so much, so easily—and with no annual fee.

Simply apply online today and. . .

Earn 1 Point for every $1 in purchases.§

Redeem WorldPoints® for travel, merchandise, and unlimited cash rewards—now with easy online redemption, too!

Enjoy an Introductory 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR)† on Cash Advance Checks and Balance Transfers through your first twelve billing cycles.* Enjoy 7.9% APR on all purchases right from the start.

Access your secure account online and use the electronic bill payment service, or speak to a personal Customer assistant 24/7.

That website is:

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USapp/Ctl/r...sourceCode=GA11

Wish I could qualify....:sigh:

there are so many...

SFB is one too.

I recently got Zions First National Bank for 10K...bk-friendly. I wonder how many other oddball and/or regional banks are too????

Who did they pull? did you have many inqs? :lol:

My local CU has one (not through CU) that is World Points Visa.  It says:

Earn points and get what you want—cash, travel, merchandise, and gift certificates.

Only the WorldPoints® card gives you the freedom to choose so much, so easily—and with no annual fee.

Redeem WorldPoints® for travel, merchandise, and unlimited cash rewards—now with easy online redemption, too!

Enjoy an Introductory 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR)† on Cash Advance Checks and Balance Transfers through your first twelve billing cycles.* Enjoy 7.9% APR on all purchases right from the start.

Access your secure account online and use the electronic bill payment service, or speak to a personal Customer assistant 24/7.

That website is:

Are they bk friendly???

That website is:

Are they bk friendly???

I have no idea.

Who did they pull?  did you have many inqs? :cry2:

EX, and I had 3 inqs in EX in the past year at the time I applied. I applied for Nevada State Bank, which is the same as Zions.

I think too often we focus on the "big" companies and as they continue to consolidate these regional banks and CUs are looking better and better. Further, for many of us with derogs these regional banks and CUs are better deals than ASSpire, crap1, HH, etc.

there are TONS of oddball cards.

That website is:

Bottom of Application:

Yes, keep me informed via e-mail about special marketing offers from MBNA.

so to me it means it is a MBNA card does it not?

BG

Yes, it's one of the several hundred affinity cards that MNBA issues. MBNA is well known for teaming with small banks/credit unions to extend co-branded credit.

there are so many...

SFB is one too.

Zion turned me down...didn't bother with reconsideration though

I dont see an offering for a credit Card after surfing the site and registering..

BG

I don't think you can apply online. you need to contact their consumer loans people.

I think too often we focus on the "big" companies and as they continue to consolidate these regional banks and CUs are looking better and better. Further, for many of us with derogs these regional banks and CUs are better deals than ASSpire, crap1, HH, etc.

there are TONS of oddball cards.

I've posted many times here before, finding (or having) a good local CU or bank can be a huge help in rebuilding. The thing is, it usually takes doing some looking since these regional deals are not usually posted here. And not everyone wants to do their own homework, they just want the quick/easy answer.