Sign in to follow this  
BBQ123

The Be All, End All ID For Signed Card Threat

I PAID MY UNITED VISA IN FULL BEFORE THE BILL CAME IN THE MAIL...BETTER THAN PAYING CASH AND CHEAPER TOO!!!

I COULD HAVE SCHEDULED IT FOR THE DAY BEFORE THE DUE DATE IF I WANTED TO...

That's way cool, Orchard will only let me pay 10% over the current balance. I am thinking just click pay in full every Tuesday night. It will be against my checking account where I just got instant credit for today's cash reciepts. Sounds like a cool plan. Then as soon as my lawsuit with Amex is over and my point score goes up I'm going for something with points or miles to start reaping the 100% credit card life. Nothing like the inexpensive cost of selling your personal purchase and location data to some impersonal corp. to make you smile.

I DO NOT LIVE EVERY DAY IN FEAR!!!

MarvBear, that guy was a jerk, and he didn't deserve to be served by you or your staff if he was acting inappropriately. You said that you wouldn't have served him even if he was willing to pay more than the agreed-upon price and your transaction fee...if that was true, I just would have refused service to him on that basis. That your business chooses not to serve racists and bigots.

As far as his approach when it came to purchasing with a credit card, I have a question. Is a CASH price the same thing as the price when financed? I ask since the MC/V regulations allow a discount for a CASH price. What if the prices on your vehicles had two different prices on it - in small numbers, the price when paid for with a credit card...in normal size numbers, the CASH price (or financed price). Would that satisfy the requirements?

Here's a tidbit for the world-traveling CBers. In the European Economic Zone, a surcharge for using MC (and likely V) is allowed, so long as it is reasonable and relatively equal to the cost to the business for accepting that transaction via credit.

I posted a rather long entry in the last thread, explaining my position. Perhaps depending on the route this thread takes, I may raise the same points again (since I only posted once and it was relatively overshadowed with the premiere of foul language in that thread :grin: ).

In the meantime, I will NOT SHOW ID.

MarvBear, that guy was a jerk, and he didn't deserve to be served by you or your staff if he was acting inappropriately.  You said that you wouldn't have served him even if he was willing to pay more than the agreed-upon price and your transaction fee...if that was true, I just would have refused service to him on that basis.  That your business chooses not to serve racists and bigots.

As far as his approach when it came to purchasing with a credit card, I have a question.  Is a CASH price the same thing as the price when financed?  I ask since the MC/V regulations allow a discount for a CASH price.  What if the prices on your vehicles had two different prices on it - in small numbers, the price when paid for with a credit card...in normal size numbers, the CASH price (or financed price).  Would that satisfy the requirements?

Here's a tidbit for the world-traveling CBers.  In the European Economic Zone, a surcharge for using MC (and likely V) is allowed, so long as it is reasonable and relatively equal to the cost to the business for accepting that transaction via credit.

I posted a rather long entry in the last thread, explaining my position.  Perhaps depending on the route this thread takes, I may raise the same points again (since I only posted once and it was relatively overshadowed with the premiere of foul language in that thread  :rofl: ). 

In the meantime, I will NOT SHOW ID.

The price of the vehicle was a constant regardless of the method of payment with the SOLE exception of using the Credit Card in his case.

Had it been anyone else, that had treated my employees with respect that they deserved I would have permitted the credit card transaction with NO FEE.

I did not need nor want the business enough to subject my people to that level of bigotry.

Well we are a small family business, our bank charges a whopping 6% for credit sales MC/V only we don't do the others. We are considering stamping all of our price proposals with "This price reflects a 6% discount for cash/check purchases" due to the increase in credit usage over the past few years. People always want to pay for their heat pump installations to get miles/points/perks. We just don't build this kind of money into the quotes. I think to myself when this comes up, even if Walmart only paid 1% for the credit cards they accept, I would love to live off that fee. I don't know how some small businesses can afford it. We sure cannot. We tell people when they ask that we do not accept credit cards for installations, if they push the issue then I tell them why, most times people offer to pay the fee. 9 out of 10 times they have the cash they just want the points or whatever.

Why don't you simply raise all your prices 5% so that you don't lose out as much?

That is how some bigger companies do it... raise all prices, cash, check, credit... to make up for it.

Why don't you simply raise all your prices 5% so that you don't lose out as much?

That is how some bigger companies do it... raise all prices, cash, check, credit... to make up for it.

GOTTA' COVER THOSE BOUNCED CHECK FEES...AND THE "COST" TO DEPOSIT THAT CASH AND CHECKS TOO!!!

...and those CREDIT CARDS get a direct deposit (BUT WHO CARES WHEN IT COST A FEE TO ACCEPT THEM)

Lets RESTRICT the use of CREDIT CARDS

Opened, Have at it.

IMO posts in this subforum should not count towards post total.

RANT ON!

$20,000 for a car on Plastic. WOW I thought I was pushing it at the Chevrolet dealer with 5K for the downpayment on my Mastercard.

What chaps me is these dealers with there god awful expensive "Doc Fees" or "Vehicle Prep" fees. I bought a car on plastic some years ago and the thing was filthy and they had the gaul to charge me $499.00 cleaning and prep fee. I told the salesman, either clean it or I walk!!!

I buy cars on Ebay and I refuse to even bid on ones with dealers that charge these obnoxious fees. Build it into the price of the car. I'm not adding additional profit to a dealer for nothing. Preping a vehicle is standard on a car lot, sure you gotta pay the lot guy to do it. But why do I the consumer have to pay for it to be clean. Throw some dirt on it for all I care. They just run it through the car wash out back and pull it up hand you your papers and walk away anyways.

Which brings me to another question for Marv.

On my recent purchase they charged me 299.00 for Etching. What if I didn't want it, but went and had those 19.95 VIN Etching kits done on it? What are they going to do if I refused to pay that fee? Take the windows out of the car? :stop: I felt like I was bent over backwards with all the gosh darn fees they charged for everything under the sun. Just curious more than anything. I still have to follow up with the nimwits about the 22 pulls on my credit reports when they came out and said it's Suntrust that's approved me. F&I guy was like we only pulled 2 times. Ok I'm a liar then I didn't take a 30 something point drop in my EQ score cause of your hitting my CR like a vegas slot machine. :good:

You will not see me much in this forum.

Except to keep the peace as it totally disinterests me and imo is wasted bandwidth many times over.

I will however as time permits be glad to assist you in the automotive forum.

$20,000 for a car on Plastic. WOW I thought I was pushing it at the Chevrolet dealer with 5K for the downpayment on my Mastercard.

What chaps me is these dealers with there god awful expensive "Doc Fees" or "Vehicle Prep" fees. I bought a car on plastic some years ago and the thing was filthy and they had the gaul to charge me $499.00 cleaning and prep fee. I told the salesman, either clean it or I walk!!!

I buy cars on Ebay and I refuse to even bid on ones with dealers that charge these obnoxious fees. Build it into the price of the car. I'm not adding additional profit to a dealer for nothing. Preping a vehicle is standard on a car lot, sure you gotta pay the lot guy to do it. But why do I the consumer have to pay for it to be clean. Throw some dirt on it for all I care. They just run it through the car wash out back and pull it up hand you your papers and walk away anyways.

Which brings me to another question for Marv.

On my recent purchase they charged me 299.00 for Etching. What if I didn't want it, but went and had those 19.95 VIN Etching kits done on it? What are they going to do if I refused to pay that fee? Take the windows out of the car?  :beee: I felt like I was bent over backwards with all the gosh darn fees they charged for everything under the sun. Just curious more than anything. I still have to follow up with the nimwits about the 22 pulls on my credit reports when they came out and said it's Suntrust that's approved me. F&I guy was like we only pulled 2 times. Ok I'm a liar then I didn't take a 30 something point drop in my EQ score cause of your hitting my CR like a vegas slot machine.  :cry2:

If a dealer does not want to take $20,000 on a credit card, they should not accept the cards.

My ex-wife now a US Attorney out in LA did that for a BMW Purchase. Walked right in, picked out the model she wanted. Salesman was like let's fill out all these financing forms. Why? She plopped down her Amex Platinum card and paid for the 70K on the spot. :cry2: Allthough she was just like me, No added dealership fees, cleaning prep charges anything. I remember the salesman saying we can't waive those fee's. She put the card back in her purse and proceeded to get up. Salesman said wait I'll get em waived :beee:

Sorry Marv I'll ask in the Automotive forum everything has it's place around here.

My ex-wife now a US Attorney out in LA did that for a BMW Purchase. Walked right in, picked out the model she wanted. Salesman was like let's fill out all these financing forms. Why? She plopped down her Amex Platinum card and paid for the 70K on the spot.  :) Allthough she was just like me, No added dealership fees, cleaning prep charges anything. I remember the salesman saying we can't waive those fee's. She put the card back in her purse and proceeded to get up. Salesman said wait I'll get em waived  :good:

Sorry Marv I'll ask in the Automotive forum everything has it's place around here.

NO EXTRA FEE ON MY DODGE DURANGO

AMEX DELTA

"IF THEY WERE GOING TO SAY TOO MUCH ON THE CARD I WAS WALKING!!!

My ex-wife now a US Attorney out in LA did that for a BMW Purchase. Walked right in, picked out the model she wanted. Salesman was like let's fill out all these financing forms. Why? She plopped down her Amex Platinum card and paid for the 70K on the spot.  :) Allthough she was just like me, No added dealership fees, cleaning prep charges anything. I remember the salesman saying we can't waive those fee's. She put the card back in her purse and proceeded to get up. Salesman said wait I'll get em waived  :good:

AMEX DELTA

If I was a car seller, I'd rather pay the credit transaction fee than lose the sale.

My ex-wife now a US Attorney out in LA did that for a BMW Purchase. Walked right in, picked out the model she wanted. Salesman was like let's fill out all these financing forms. Why? She plopped down her Amex Platinum card and paid for the 70K on the spot.  :D Allthough she was just like me, No added dealership fees, cleaning prep charges anything. I remember the salesman saying we can't waive those fee's. She put the card back in her purse and proceeded to get up. Salesman said wait I'll get em waived  :blush:

AMEX DELTA

If I was a car seller, I'd rather pay the credit transaction fee than lose the sale.

DO THEY HAVE AN ATTITUDE ABOUT????????

GAS

WATER

SEWER

TRASH

ELECTRIC

PHONE

ALL TAX DEDUCTABLE AS A "COST" OF DOING BUSINESS!!!

THE WAY SOME HAVE SUCH A MAJOR ATTITUDE ABOUT CREDIT CARD FEES YOU WOULD THINK THAT THEY HAVE TO INCLUDE THE CREDIT CARD FEES AS INCOME!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. PAFICO
      PAFICO
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    valentiinemon
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines