Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Leo

The "show ID" experiment has begun

Yes, yet another thread on showing ID, but with a significant twist, hence the new thread.

I know it's against the rules to ask for ID with a credit card purchase. I also believe it's a not very well thought out rule, but then, the entire subject is imperfect and can't really be 100% solved from any direction. Either way, I've started doing something as an experiment.

I've cut small pieces of post-it note and covered my DL#, address, etc. On the largest piece I wrote "ID Theft" in black and a large circle with a slash through it in red. The only things showing are the state, the expiration date*, the picture, and the name. Nothing else. Everything else is hidden. No potential for someone memorizing information they don't already know from the credit card itself. (I do agree that people lifting personal information should be taken seriously) I have only done three credit card transaction thus far, and only one aksed for ID, but it worked fine in that one instance.

Yes, I know, some won't approve because it's still not according to the letter of the rules, and that's fine, but it will be interesting to see how it works out.

*- Only so they know it's a valid ID, though I may cover that also if someone can show how that might be used against me.

NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not interested in this thread.

:angry:

NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not interested in this thread. 

:angel:

AND YOU WASTED OUR TIME POSTING YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED...WHY??????????

A Post-It note can easily be removed/lifted up by the cashier/clerk.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mikeh714
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines