Sign in to follow this  
clubberlang

Best Buy asked for ID

If a merchant has already swiped the card, then asks for ID... you can just take the card back, say no, sign it,  and leave with your stuff, then... right?

I guarantee LP (loss prevention) will be on your a** if you do. That would be looked at as theft, becuase the cashier can void out the transaction. It would be too much of a hassle (for you as the consumer) to do that.

If the card is swiped and you signed, it is a done deal, right?

Also, don't they need the card to void the sale?

EACH TRANSACTION HAS A TRACKING NUMBER

(each one is TOTALLY DIFFERENT)

VOID THE SALE BY THE TR#

(transaction number)

If you left and have paid, then the void the sale... that is their loss.

DUH

Even people I know that use debit use it just like a regular VISA(credit transaction, no PIN).

I use a debit card as Credit everywhere except WalMart- They dont let you. When you slide the card it automatically makes you put in a pin. If I use my debit card as credit I get 1.5% Cash Back, but if I run it as Debit-zip.

DUH

Even people I know that use debit use it just like a regular VISA(credit transaction, no PIN).

I use a debit card as Credit everywhere except WalMart- They dont let you. When you slide the card it automatically makes you put in a pin. If I use my debit card as credit I get 1.5% Cash Back, but if I run it as Debit-zip.

PUSH CANCEL

PUSH CREDIT

I am fed up with consumer stupidity. It's one thing to be ignorant (without specific knowledge), but when people are given the facts in truth and still want to argue about it, that's ignorance gone to seed and the result?

Ultimate stupidity!

The merchants are NOT, NOT, NOT and I repeat, NOT protecting you by asking for your I.D.!

If you will honor your contract with MC and Visa as a cardholder and SIGN the back with YOUR NAME

as soon as you get the card and if the merchant would honor their contract with MC and Visa by having their employee's hold the card and check the signature on the receipt, the merchant will be doing ALL that MC and Visa require of them and you'd be surprised at how many stolen cards would still be detected.

The % of I.D. theft in America by CC theft is 23%

I.D theft by employee's who garner consumers info in-store is 17% nationwide and climbing

It's estimated that should consumers remain this ignorant and careless with their private information, in less than 2 years, I.D. theft by store employee's will double the now % by CC theft.

It isn't good for us as consumers to have our names, addresses, birthdates and sometimes SS #'s being flaunted in public.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mmetaphor
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines