Sign in to follow this  
clubberlang

Best Buy asked for ID

I don't disagree with everything you say- just this subject. I do wish you would use your considerable free time on other ventures. In fact, if you have free time you can pm me and let me know. I am putting together a little file that has every question and its applicable caselaw and statutes together for the forum. I am also collecting contacts for every OC, CRA, CA out there and by contacts I mean people in a position of power to do something. I know how long and how frustrating it becomes for people to track down someone who can help with a problem without getting run in a circle. If you want to help let me know. This takes alot of my time and if you add that to my emails and my work on my ID attacker I simply do not have the free time to pursue everything I wish to do.I am going to bed now.

ONCE YOU COMPLETE THE SALE (MEANING YOU PAY FOR THE ITEMS)...

YOU LEGALLY OWN THEM.

The store has no right to do a reciept check or anything.

If Wal-Mart wants to detain you (or try to... they can't use force) for walking out with something you bought... let them, because THEY can be arrested (and you can sue) for the FALSE IMPRISONMENT.

I am really supposed to STOP and have my bags and receipt checked every time I buy ANYTHING

If you want to stop... go ahead.

If you don't want to stop... well don't.

I WORK THERE...

Who cares? My wallet is out already anyway. So what if they see my HOOTERS VIP CARD? I tell them thanks for asking. What can it hurt?

It's my pet peeve that we need 1498 threads about ID....Walmart asked me for ID, Lowes asked me for ID, Best Buy asked me for ID, my uncle's girlfriends mom asked me for ID.....who caresssssssssssss

I have to agree. who cares?

It's my pet peeve that we need 1498 threads about ID....Walmart asked me for ID, Lowes asked me for ID, Best Buy asked me for ID, my uncle's girlfriends mom asked me for ID.....who caresssssssssssss

Hehe, well I don't think we're going to have a "Showing ID" subforum.

Ya don't like ya don't read?

Exactly. What's worse, another ID thread, or participating to say how much you dislike them?

They're clearly labeled. If you don't like them, go around them and read something else.

You want to show ID - SHOW IT!

You don't want to show ID - DON'T SHOW IT!

You want to show your ID while reading threads about not showing it (any any combo of the two) - DO IT!

:clapping:

And cmon, should there to be just one thread for "I got a CLI", "I just got approved", "I just got a deletion", "I got B", "I refused to show ID". How about a subforum for each topic, where does it stop. People post separate threads because they like individual attention.

Excellent point.

sterb038.gif

I am drowning in these show-id threads.   Is there any chance that people will ever get tired of this topic?

lgt

ARMED INTRUDER HOLDS CREDITBOARDS MEMBER HOSTAGE..."HE MADE ME READ POSTS ABOUT ASKING FOR ID ON A SIGNED CREDIT CARD...IT WAS AWFUL...IT WENT ON FOR HOURS...NO HE DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING...NO HE DIDN'T HURT ME...HE EVEN GOT US SOME ICE TEA TO DRINK...HE WAS NICE EXCEPT HE KEPT ON MAKING ME READ THOSE POSTS ABOUT ASKING FOR ID ON A SIGNED CREDIT CARD"

Ok, now that's funny!

Gosh, I even asked nicely that all these threads be kept to the big threads already started about the subject.

:good:

Who cares?  My wallet is out already anyway.  So what if they see my HOOTERS VIP CARD?  I tell them thanks for asking.  What can it hurt?

MY WALLET IS NOT OUT...

I have to agree. who cares?

JUST POST YOUR ID ON THE INTERNET THEN YOU SHOWED 100's of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SINCE YOU DON'T CARE!!!

I bought some food at McDonalds yesterday and they did not even have me SIGN the receipt! Had the same thing happen to me at Whataburger two days ago. I think I eat too much fast food.

I bought some food at McDonalds yesterday and they did not even have me SIGN the receipt! Had the same thing happen to me at Whataburger two days ago. I think I eat too much fast food.

Signing is really just a formality at this point.

With many places, small purchases no longer require a signature.

McDonalds, Dunkin' Donuts, Wendy's, Walgreens, some CVS, some AMC theaters, no singature required if under $25.

Signing is really just a formality at this point.

With many places, small purchases no longer require a signature.

McDonalds, Dunkin' Donuts, Wendy's, Walgreens, some CVS, some AMC theaters, no singature required if under $25.

YEP...YOUR ACCOUNT HAS ALREADY BEEN CHARGED BEFORE YOU SIGN...(assuming you sign)

Edited by GEORGE

If a merchant has already swiped the card, then asks for ID... you can just take the card back, say no, sign it, and leave with your stuff, then... right?

If a merchant has already swiped the card, then asks for ID... you can just take the card back, say no, sign it,  and leave with your stuff, then... right?

ASSUMING THEY DON'T VOID THE SALE AND DEMAND TO KEEP THE STUFF!!!!

BB has only asked me for ID if the card wasn't signed. I've tested this many times since I'm there quite a bit.

If a merchant has already swiped the card, then asks for ID... you can just take the card back, say no, sign it,  and leave with your stuff, then... right?

I guarantee LP (loss prevention) will be on your a** if you do. That would be looked at as theft, becuase the cashier can void out the transaction. It would be too much of a hassle (for you as the consumer) to do that.

I guarantee LP (loss prevention) will be on your a** if you do. That would be looked at as theft, becuase the cashier can void out the transaction. It would be too much of a hassle (for you as the consumer) to do that.

But. . . if the consumer signs before being asked for ID, the merchant does NOT have the right to void the sale. Payment has been tendered and accepted once signed. Loss prevention could be setting themselves up for assualt charges if they get physical in this scenario.

If the card is swiped and you signed, it is a done deal, right?

Also, don't they need the card to void the sale?

Who cares?  My wallet is out already anyway.  So what if they see my HOOTERS VIP CARD?  I tell them thanks for asking.  What can it hurt?

WHO SAID MY WALLET IS ALREADY OUT???

IT IS IN FACT...NOT!!!

Edited by GEORGE

If the card is swiped and you signed, it is a done deal, right?

Also, don't they need the card to void the sale?

EACH TRANSACTION HAS A TRACKING NUMBER

(each one is TOTALLY DIFFERENT)

VOID THE SALE BY THE TR#

(transaction number)

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Sammariam2008
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines