Sign in to follow this  
clubberlang

Best Buy asked for ID

It's my pet peeve that we need 1498 threads about ID....Walmart asked me for ID, Lowes asked me for ID, Best Buy asked me for ID, my uncle's girlfriends mom asked me for ID.....who caresssssssssssss

Hehe, well I don't think we're going to have a "Showing ID" subforum.

Ya don't like ya don't read?

Great another ID thread

With all the rogue collectors, violating CRAs, and abusive OCs out there I can see that we should all move showing IDs to the top of the abuse list.

There are a large number of people here that don't have credit problems, inaccurate reports and debt collectors hounding them. I'm not looking down on them, I'm just saying there's different types of people here with different interests.

and we need 2 dozen threads on the same subject because ?

Yes it would be helpful if people would post within the one or two largest threads. Yes, saying so is self-serving since I started the largest one :warning:

And cmon, should there to be just one thread for "I got a CLI", "I just got approved", "I just got a deletion", "I got B", "I refused to show ID". How about a subforum for each topic, where does it stop. People post separate threads because they like individual attention.

Edited by Elotemuygrande

sterb038.gif

I am drowning in these show-id threads.  Is there any chance that people will ever get tired of this topic?

lgt

ARMED INTRUDER HOLDS CREDITBOARDS MEMBER HOSTAGE..."HE MADE ME READ POSTS ABOUT ASKING FOR ID ON A SIGNED CREDIT CARD...IT WAS AWFUL...IT WENT ON FOR HOURS...NO HE DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING...NO HE DIDN'T HURT ME...HE EVEN GOT US SOME ICE TEA TO DRINK...HE WAS NICE EXCEPT HE KEPT ON MAKING ME READ THOSE POSTS ABOUT ASKING FOR ID ON A SIGNED CREDIT CARD"

GEEK ALERT!

Another Geek thread. Visa does not care about these pathetic complaints. The volume that Walmart does with Visa is far more important that some cardholder who gets bent out of shape over ID checks. :warning:

-Subprime

GEEK ALERT!

Another Geek thread.  Visa does not care about these pathetic complaints.  The volume that Walmart does with Visa is far more important that some cardholder who gets bent out of shape over ID checks.  :warning:

-Subprime

Hey, I wear the label "geek" with pride. Please don't use it in a non-technical derogatory context, lol.

As to Visa not caring, they will if enough people start getting riled about it. Have you noticed how many people in the forums are suddenly getting up in arms about it? Most of these people, myself included, thought they had a right to ask for ID until we were informed here. Myself and my friends will be raising a stink about it from now on. If enough people keep complaining they will definately put the screws to the merchants.

BTW, Wal*Mart doesn't ask for ID as company policy, bad example. Try Best Buy or Frys next time.

Edited by Elotemuygrande

sterb038.gif

I am drowning in these show-id threads.   Is there any chance that people will ever get tired of this topic?

lgt

ARMED INTRUDER HOLDS CREDITBOARDS MEMBER HOSTAGE..."HE MADE ME READ POSTS ABOUT ASKING FOR ID ON A SIGNED CREDIT CARD...IT WAS AWFUL...IT WENT ON FOR HOURS...NO HE DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING...NO HE DIDN'T HURT ME...HE EVEN GOT US SOME ICE TEA TO DRINK...HE WAS NICE EXCEPT HE KEPT ON MAKING ME READ THOSE POSTS ABOUT ASKING FOR ID ON A SIGNED CREDIT CARD"

sterb078.gif

Wow... is it getting hot in here or what.. Maybe I missed it - but what was the final outcome, OP!?!

Wow... is it getting hot in here or what..   Maybe I missed it - but what was the final outcome, OP!?!

USED A PIN NUMBER CARD

...and what do mean GETTING HOT???

Edited by GEORGE

IF THEY WILL NOT TAKE THE SIGNED CARD, THEN THEY DO NOT GET YOUR MONEY.

It is THAT SIMPLE, and these salamander stores will start learning how to treat the customer properly.

These stores can do this stuff because a good number of customers (80% or so) will just act like pawns, do what is told, etc.

Reciept check at the door - waste of time... just go on past the guy.

Sure thing BBQ when you walk out with some large items at walmart of sams club or whatever and they ask for your receipt just blow on by them. lol

Sure thing BBQ when you walk out with some large items at walmart of sams club or whatever and they ask for your receipt just blow on by them. lol

Wal*Mart, YES I've done that, even when their pathetic malfunctioning inventory control alams go off.

Sams, no you sign a contract that allows them to with your membership. Another reason not to shop there.

Edited by Elotemuygrande

ONCE YOU COMPLETE THE SALE (MEANING YOU PAY FOR THE ITEMS)...

YOU LEGALLY OWN THEM.

The store has no right to do a reciept check or anything.

If Wal-Mart wants to detain you (or try to... they can't use force) for walking out with something you bought... let them, because THEY can be arrested (and you can sue) for the FALSE IMPRISONMENT.

Wal*Mart, YES I've done that, even when their pathetic malfunctioning inventory control alams go off.

Sams, no you sign a contract that allows them to with your membership. Another reason not to shop there.

I don't like them writing on my CREDIT CARD RECEIPT!!!

I also don't like them making me pay $35.00 to get in the door (SO I DON'T PAY)

If somebody I know is going I sometimes go along...I use a WALMART/SAMS GIFT CARD so they don't tell me I can't buy anything W/O A MEMBERSHIP!!!

YOU LEGALLY OWN THEM.

If Wal-Mart wants to detain you (or try to... they can't use force) for walking out with something you bought... let them, because THEY can be arrested (and you can sue) for the FALSE IMPRISONMENT.

I am really supposed to STOP and have my bags and receipt checked every time I buy ANYTHING

Well great BBQ when your quest is done to stop the atrocious practice of keeping theft down at walmart please let me know. There are a few things I would really like but am short of funds now and those fools keep stopping me at the door asking for that silly receipt. No really. I talked to some manager at CVS about a year ago and asked her why they did not stay open later than 9. She stated that they get stolen blind i.e. people walk out with stuff and the later it gets the worse it gets. When I get some free time I will look up the theft rate at walmart. Since they do not bag large items people can literally walk out with anything and would certainly do so if nobody checked the receipt.

YOU LEGALLY OWN THEM.

I am really supposed to STOP and have my bags and receipt checked every time I buy ANYTHING

If you want to stop... go ahead.

If you don't want to stop... well don't.

and george(even though you cannot see this because you have me on ignore lol) the only time I or anyone else I have ever seen get asked for ID is when they have a large unbagged item. Not one person in my entire life has asked for ID on a bagged item.

Great another ID thread

With all the rogue collectors, violating CRAs, and abusive OCs out there I can see that we should all move showing IDs to the top of the abuse list.

There are a large number of people here that don't have credit problems, inaccurate reports and debt collectors hounding them. I'm not looking down on them, I'm just saying there's different types of people here with different interests.

WHEN DID I POST "IF" I SEE ANOTHER ASSet POST I'M GOING POSTAL???

and george(even though you cannot see this because you have me on ignore lol) the only time I or anyone else I have ever seen get asked for ID is when they have a large unbagged item. Not one person in my entire life has asked for ID on a bagged item.

IGNORE??? WHO TOLD YOU THAT???

WHO ASKS FOR ID ON ALREADY PURCHASED ITEMS???

...or are you saying being STOPPED at the door???

...ASKING FOR A RECEIPT IS NOTHING LIKE BEING ASKED FOR ID ON A SIGNED CREDIT CARD!!!

You implied it.

YOU WOULD HAVE GOT AN E-MAIL!!!

I tell people to put me on IGNORE when they don't agree with anything I have to say!!!

I'M 100% WRONG...100% OF THE TIME!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. tmkats
      tmkats
    2. Kmlingo5
      Kmlingo5
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    J9196
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines