Sign in to follow this  
exotic

Provide "ID" To Make Purchase? LOOK!

Well there you go, no ID needed for AMEX, although it didn't say anything about Discover.

Well there you go, no ID needed for AMEX, although it didn't say anything about Discover.

I posted Discover's line at the tail of the Requirement to show ID thread. They do not prohibit requiring ID.

I posted Discover's line at the tail of the Requirement to show ID thread. They do not prohibit requiring ID.

A store that DOES NOT ASK FOR ID FOR VISA/MC/AMEX would not waste their time in asking for ID on ONLY DISCOVERCARD purchases!!!

All DISCOVERCARD will do then "IF" you get asked for ID on a purchase is and COMPLAIN...THEY WILL IGNORE YOU!!!

A store that DOES NOT ASK FOR ID FOR VISA/MC/AMEX would not waste their time in asking for ID on ONLY DISCOVERCARD purchases!!!

All DISCOVERCARD will do then "IF" you get asked for ID on a purchase is and COMPLAIN...THEY WILL IGNORE YOU!!!

Yes, BUT if one is sticking to one's guns on a purchase they're requiring ID on, you want to KNOW you've got the support of the card network or you'll end up looking like an salamander. Until today I wouldn't be confident about calling the bluff on an Amex purchase.

ID REQUIRED???

NO

THEY INSIST

I WALK

same here... but if it is a discover card, I would not walk (no rights violated there... but i don't have a discover card)

Doesn't Discover prohibit discriminating against its cardholders?

For example, if ID is not required for Visa/MC (since it is against their policies), then if the merchant also accepts Discover, I thought they can't discriminate against Discover holders by requiring their ID.

I know Visa, Mastercard, and AMEX all have basically the same policy which says that what you do for one, you must do for all - so you can't require ID for say an AMEX purchase if you don't for Visa.

Doesn't Discover prohibit discriminating against its cardholders?

For example, if ID is not required for Visa/MC (since it is against their policies), then if the merchant also accepts Discover, I thought they can't discriminate against Discover holders by requiring their ID.

I know Visa, Mastercard, and AMEX all have basically the same policy which says that what you do for one, you must do for all - so you can't require ID for say an AMEX purchase if you don't for Visa.

WHAT IS GOOD FOR ONE IS GOOD FOR ALL...

A store wouldn't have different rules for just DISCOVERCARD purchases

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    justindowney2014
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines