Sign in to follow this  
GEORGE

GEORGE ASKED FOR ID part II

I'm inspired... there's a place down the street from where I work that has a sign on their door... $10 minimum for VISA/MC before tip. I'm tempted to order a $5 breakfast and use my card...

NIGHT CLUBS IN ORLANDO HAVE A "MINIMUM" OF "$20.00" WITHOUT TIP IN ORDER TO USE "ANY TYPE OF CREDIT OR CHARGE CARD".

IS THAT LEGAL??

THEY "FORCE" A SINGLE(solo) PERSON TO PURCHASE DRINKS IN EXCESS OF THAT AMOUNT IN ORDER TO ACCEPT THE CARD(s). UNFAIR

:P

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. :rofl:

MAYBE THAT EXPLAINS WHY THERE IS SO MANY "DUI's" AND OR CAR ACCIDENTS. ;)

If they are essentially "forcing" people to drink whether they want to or not...they could find themselves in trouble with more than just Mastercard and Visa. That smells like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen...

Or you could use common sense and buy a Pepsi!! :rofl:

Tell them you don't have any cash... and they can take the card or get nothing. They'll probably take it.

Report them to VISA/MC too... they could be FINED.

Wal-Mart -tell them card is signed, no ID for them... if they demand it, just walk out. Let the casheir deal with putting the stuff back.

I hate to say this COULD is a big word.. A lot of things COULD happen, doesn't mean it will -- Or dent any money in there pocket.

I hate to say this COULD is a big word.. A lot of things COULD happen, doesn't mean it will -- Or dent any money in there pocket.

This is because people don't know. People think that the clerk is supposed to check ID.

I've seen many shows on Primetime and 20/20 etc, where they did their investigation and signed all different names like daffy duck etc and nothing was checked, I've seen where they used CC that did belong to them and nothing was checked and they blamed this whole thing on the cashier not checking ID.

I do admit that it's not the cashier fault, because nuumber 1 they think they are supposed to check and ID and #2 they are told to check ID all in the name of preventing Identify theft.

People think that the clerk is supposed to check ID.

I would guess that most average shoppers have absolutely no clue what VISA policy is.

My mom told me it was the law in FL. I've been unable to substantiate that. :D

This is because people don't know. People think that the clerk is supposed to check ID.

I've seen many shows on Primetime and 20/20 etc, where they did their investigation and signed all different names like daffy duck etc and nothing was checked, I've seen where they used CC that did belong to them and nothing was checked and they blamed this whole thing on the cashier not checking ID.

I do admit that it's not the cashier fault, because nuumber 1 they think they are supposed to check and ID and #2 they are told to check ID all in the name of preventing Identify theft.

I thought that merchants were supposed to check the signature on the cc strip against the signature on the cc receipt. That prevents fraud from someone signing another name.

Edited by zoecat

I'm inspired... there's a place down the street from where I work that has a sign on their door... $10 minimum for VISA/MC before tip. I'm tempted to order a $5 breakfast and use my card...

NIGHT CLUBS IN ORLANDO HAVE A "MINIMUM" OF "$20.00" WITHOUT TIP IN ORDER TO USE "ANY TYPE OF CREDIT OR CHARGE CARD".

IS THAT LEGAL??

THEY "FORCE" A SINGLE(solo) PERSON TO PURCHASE DRINKS IN EXCESS OF THAT AMOUNT IN ORDER TO ACCEPT THE CARD(s). UNFAIR

:good:

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. :lol:

MAYBE THAT EXPLAINS WHY THERE IS SO MANY "DUI's" AND OR CAR ACCIDENTS. :angry:

You could let the TABC know..I'm sure they would have fun with that info--hmm, serving "drunks" I don't think is allowed, and something about encouraging excessive drinking...I know a nightclub/bar around here is getting in trouble because soo many DUI's were being issued to people leaving that nightclub.

People think that the clerk is supposed to check ID.

I would guess that most average shoppers have absolutely no clue what VISA policy is.

My mom told me it was the law in FL. I've been unable to substantiate that. :clapping:

CLARIFY...

THE FL LAW PREVENTS or REQUIRES CHECKING ID WITH A CREDIT CARD SALE???

DEMANDING ID WITH A CREDIT CARD SALE VIOLATES STATE LAW IN SOME STATES...I CAN'T SEE A STATE DOING A 180 ON THAT!!!

There is no law in FL requiring ID to be checked.

Nor is there a law preventing ID check.

However, credit card policy prevents ID being required on a signed card.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Sammariam2008
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines