moneymonkey

1-2 Punch flow Chart

That's pretty good. One thing you left out, and several of the JDBs do this, is the Chaundry cite with a bogus affidavit. Chaundry doesn't apply, and an affidavit from a CA or JDB saying "yep you owe us" is not validation.

I dont know much of Anything abou JDB's, dont even know if some of my CA's might be JDB's?

JDBs = Junk debt buyers. The difference is they buy old debts for pennies on the dollar, then use every trick in the book to get people to pay, most of the time on debts that are far beyond being legally enforcable. Some try to claim otherwise, but in the eyes of the law they fall under the provisions of the FDCPA. Some of the biggest, and notorious JDBs:

Sherman/LVNV

Midland Credit Management

Cavalry Portfolio

Asset Acceptance

Unifund

Arrow Financial

NCO

Hi Shawnee! :wave:

I recognize a couple of notorious JDBs on your list! They are NCO and Arrow Financial. :) I am a victim of identity fraud and both were deleted from my credit reports a month ago. :yahoo: To date, a total of 5 fraud accounts were deleted and have 2 more to go. However, just a little over a week ago another NCO Fin/99 (OC: Sprint PCS) popped up which of course is a result of fraud. I have already called the detective working my identity theft case to supplement my police report to reflect this account.

I called :stop: NCO (recorded) on June 23, 2006, the same day I got the alert from my credit monitoring service, to ask about this account and if they could send me something linking me to it. They told me that the account was opened March 20, 2002 and they could send me an itemized bill but they have to get it from Sprint, the original creditor. They told me once I receive the itemized bill, I can dispute it. I asked how long will it take to get it and was told they did not know. It all depended on how soon Sprint PCS can send it to them.

Should I still send out that DV letter CMRRR even though I recorded the conversation? Are they suppose to respond within a certain amount of days to my request? Remember, they told me it all depended on how soon Sprint can send them the bill before they can send it to me but they never gave me a window time. Is an itemized bill acceptable as proof? I never used Sprint PCS and definitely never gave them permission to extend credit in my name! Any advice on how to deal with NCO? I'm just now learning the 1-2 punch. Should I just dispute with the CRAs in hopes of a deletion like I did with some of the other fraud accounts that were on my credit report? :dntknw:

Bump for a great chart!

Even though my accounts are past the initial 30 day window, I'm going to try my best anyways :rolleyes:

-Thanks!

Adam

Does this still work if the CA's are trying to collect, but they are not listed on your CR??? IE - NCO collecting for Cap 1, but NCO is NOT on my credit report but Cap 1 is..

Thanks... I need all the help I can get..

Edited by Saturngoddess

Does this still work if the CA's are trying to collect, but they are not listed on your CR??? IE - NCO collecting for Cap 1, but NCO is NOT on my credit report but Cap 1 is..

wondering also

wondering also

BUMP

J23

It worked for me. I had a similiar situation where NCO was not reporting (yet) but was trying to collect. I dv'd NCO and on the 2nd dv received the "we are deleting your account" letter. Since they were not reporting to any CRA, I did not have to file a dispute.

PS***Keep your eyes on your mail, phone and CRs b/c NCO will sell uncollectables to other JDBs.

I love the chart, am a little slow and getting all the steps needed to fix the massive credit mess. This will definately make it easier.

This is outstanding! Thank you ~ it is very useful to have it laid out this way! Kudos!!!!! This should be a sticky :dntknw:

This is outstanding! Thank you ~ it is very useful to have it laid out this way! Kudos!!!!! This should be a sticky :clapping:

I couldnt agree more! :clapping:

When you need to update, PM one of us and we will update the original post, so people who don't read the whole thing get the latest version. Nice work, thanks.