missty1029

Duns and Bradstreet-Your Credit File

Can anyone help me with this?

Got a DUNS number by saying that I needed it to go goverment bids

and the next day I logged in and presto my numbers there...then today

I get this message:

Warning:

This account has been locked out.

Please call customer service to reset your password.

(866) 472-7362

What's up with this?? Has this happened to anyone else on this board?

Let me know your comments.

Thanks.

I have a question about this. I got a DUNS number also, but everytime I check for my company info, I cannot find it, and it cannot find the DUNS # in the database. I called on of the reps and they said that they number would not be in there for 30-45 days. Is this true? Or like karosmom, should I be able to view it immediately? It's been almost two weeks now and still I can't view it, or if I type my company name it doesn't appear.

ALso, can anyone out there who has that unlimited credit file checking service pull a report for me? I would GREATLY appreciate it, would like to see the info in a previous companies file before I take it over.

Did you receive an email confirmation? Also the easiest way to obtain a duns is to go through http://www.ccr.gov.

I got my duns in two days along with a wealth of other info..

Yes That was a very easy way. Got my number in one day. I went to the eupdate site and got a password with in hours.

Thanks for the information :blush:

I have my DUNS number (it's a government number) --in fact I received it in January or February. Yet, I still don't have an eupdate password. How did you get yours?

When I search D&B's database, I still can't locate my company. I have 30-day net accounts with NEBS, Viking, Uline, DHL (unused account) & Wearguard (now Aramark). Additionally, I have Home Depot (unused account), Lowes (unused account) and Dell revolving accounts, but still no Paydex. I do have an Experian score of 82. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have no idea how to get an eupdate password if I still can't see my company's information. HELP!!!!!

PS...I spoke with D&B today and was told that I have a "support" file established, but won't have a credit file until Credit Builder is purchased. I've read plenty of postings on this site to know that to NOT be true! She also told me that I had one inquiry into my file.

Good day all

Chanbug can you please explain exactly how you use http://www.ccr.gov to obtain DUNS#? I went on D&B site and registered to get a DUN# form my company and I later received a call from one of their rep that I should call him back for verification. When I called today, he explained to me that there are two type of DUN#: the basic and the other which allow you to bid for government contracts, then he said I must pay $500 to get the DUN#, but I told him that I am not interested, I am only interested in the free DUN#, then he said I should pay $200 instead, again I told I am not interested, then he said the free DUN# will take 30 days to 6 weeks but if I pay $49.00 it will only take 4-6 days. I insist in paying nothing and he hung up, after this I called them back, and after speaking with a d/f rep for like 5 minutes, he put me on hold for like 7 minutes and came back to tell me that DUN# takes 30 business day.

Can someone please help on what to do next, I am afraid that if I keep calling them they might put a red flag on my company. Chanbug, can you just tell me exactly where on http://www.ccr. Gov do you and what do u do there.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks

This is my first post here. I have found this to be very informative. I never applied for a dnb# and when I went to the http://www.ccr.gov/ site i felt directed to the dnb site. Well the short of the story is that I clicked on

Click here to request your D-U-N-S Number via the Web.

Put in our company name, it found our company name, I clicked on it and added my name and address and e-mail and within minutes it sent me my existing dnb#. (it said in the e-mail that it was an existing number) Is it possible that one was created on it's own? Is one created when we have terms with a vendor?

This is my first post here. I have found this to be very informative. I never applied for a dnb# and when I went to the http://www.ccr.gov/ site i felt directed to the dnb site. Well the short of the story is that I clicked on

Click here to request your D-U-N-S Number via the Web.

Put in our company name, it found our company name, I clicked on it and added my name and address and e-mail and within minutes it sent me my existing dnb#. (it said in the e-mail that it was an existing number) Is it possible that one was created on it's own? Is one created when we have terms with a vendor?

Yes.

I am having the same problem. I applied for DUNS number through their governement site. Next day I recieved an email asking for me to contact them. I told them that I cannot call them for now, but will call them in a week or so. I am in the middle of setting up a bid for the fed contract and I will need a DUNS number so expedite. He is being persistent to talk over the phone. Just replied back to him that according to their process posted on their web site, I should be sent a number in 1 business day. That is going against their own statement. Lets see what I get in the mail tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted.

Ronn

Good News.... Just checked my email and seems like the sales guy has given in. He issued me a DUNS number. This achievement is all due to the wonderfull advice I have recieved from you guys.

Thank you so much and look forward to share my biz credit building experiences with you...

Ronn

Good News.... Just checked my email and seems like the sales guy has given in. He issued me a DUNS number. This achievement is all due to the wonderfull advice I have recieved from you guys.

Thank you so much and look forward to share my biz credit building experiences with you...

Ronn

Wow, how did you go about doing this?

The guy that just called me made it clear to me they stopped giving away free DNB numbers over six years ago. When I heard this I asked for everything in writing so I could go over it with my CPA and lawyer. He was happy to send me an EMAIL (nothing in the mail) say there is a registration fee now for a DNB number. The fee was $299 unless I had something do with the government.

What should I say to this guy?

Just got this email from him:

Dear Derek,

When we create a credit file we do a search for a corporate charter, LLC license, business license or something else that verifies your legitimacy and start date. We do a nationwide search for suits, liens and judgments so we can show you have not been sued before. We search our database for collection items then begin collecting trade references to build your payment history. We generate a series of scores and ratings: Credit risk score, financial stress score, supplier evaluation score, paydex and overall credit appraisal. The different scores are checked by different types of companies depending on whether they are a supplier, vendor, lender, leasing company, insurance company or potential customer. If anybody needs to check on you, you need a file for them to check.

The free number is just that, a number. It is called a Duns Support record (simply supports a DUNS number). It is just an entry on a marketing list we sell to telemarketers and direct mail organizations, hence it is free. There is enough info to help somebody try and sell you things, ie: name, address, phone number, line of business and contact name, but we do not verify you exist or generate scores. If somebody does try to check a scoring report they get the response “report unavailableâ€. At this point they might ask you for your social security number to check you personal credit or ask you for a personal guarantee. Link to http://smallbusiness.dnb.com/manage-busine...uns-details.asp and it will show this disclaimer.

Companies generally just want to check to make sure you are legitimate and haven’t been sued or sent to collections, but most importantly they want to make sure that they can report on you weather or not you are on time or late on your payments. They want to know you have a credit file because it provides you some motivation to pay your bills on time. You receive your financial stress score, credit risk score and supplier evaluation score immediately even if you don’t have payment history since they are predictory scores based on statistical industry analysis. If you go to www.dnb.com and click on the link “Get a D & B DUNS Number†it states in bold print “you will not be eligible for a full D & B credit file†with just the number. All a Duns Support record lists is the basic contact info, and we do not even verify that this info is accurate. Also keep in mind that it takes 30 business days to get the free number, which equates to about 6 weeks, while you get the number right away if you build your credit file. The question is, do you want to be an entry on a marketing list or do you want to have a file that people can actually check and evaluate you on?

Now if you wish to continue relying on personal credit to run your business, be prepared for your personal Fico score to go down, pay thousands of dollars more in interest rates with years to come, and have to settle for paying COD on most things because companies cannot extend you lines of credit because no business credit report exist. This is a harsh reality every business owner must face, the only question is would you rather face it now or hope that other company's will trust you personally instead D&B. We have been in business since the 1840's and are the most trusted source of business information with the biggest business information database in the world to back that.

Below are links explaining our Creditbuilder services. Please contact me should you require additional information.

http://www.dnb.com/SBCS_Collateral/Brochur...editBuilder.htm

http://www.dnb.com/SBCS_Collateral/Brochur...BuilderPlus.htm

Just got this email from him:

Dear Derek,

When we create a credit file we do a search for a corporate charter, LLC license, business license or something else that verifies your legitimacy and start date. We do a nationwide search for suits, liens and judgments so we can show you have not been sued before. We search our database for collection items then begin collecting trade references to build your payment history. We generate a series of scores and ratings: Credit risk score, financial stress score, supplier evaluation score, paydex and overall credit appraisal. The different scores are checked by different types of companies depending on whether they are a supplier, vendor, lender, leasing company, insurance company or potential customer. If anybody needs to check on you, you need a file for them to check.

The free number is just that, a number. It is called a Duns Support record (simply supports a DUNS number). It is just an entry on a marketing list we sell to telemarketers and direct mail organizations, hence it is free. There is enough info to help somebody try and sell you things, ie: name, address, phone number, line of business and contact name, but we do not verify you exist or generate scores. If somebody does try to check a scoring report they get the response “report unavailableâ€. At this point they might ask you for your social security number to check you personal credit or ask you for a personal guarantee. Link to http://smallbusiness.dnb.com/manage-busine...uns-details.asp and it will show this disclaimer.

Companies generally just want to check to make sure you are legitimate and haven’t been sued or sent to collections, but most importantly they want to make sure that they can report on you weather or not you are on time or late on your payments. They want to know you have a credit file because it provides you some motivation to pay your bills on time. You receive your financial stress score, credit risk score and supplier evaluation score immediately even if you don’t have payment history since they are predictory scores based on statistical industry analysis. If you go to www.dnb.com and click on the link “Get a D & B DUNS Number†it states in bold print “you will not be eligible for a full D & B credit file†with just the number. All a Duns Support record lists is the basic contact info, and we do not even verify that this info is accurate. Also keep in mind that it takes 30 business days to get the free number, which equates to about 6 weeks, while you get the number right away if you build your credit file. The question is, do you want to be an entry on a marketing list or do you want to have a file that people can actually check and evaluate you on?

Now if you wish to continue relying on personal credit to run your business, be prepared for your personal Fico score to go down, pay thousands of dollars more in interest rates with years to come, and have to settle for paying COD on most things because companies cannot extend you lines of credit because no business credit report exist. This is a harsh reality every business owner must face, the only question is would you rather face it now or hope that other company's will trust you personally instead D&B. We have been in business since the 1840's and are the most trusted source of business information with the biggest business information database in the world to back that.

Below are links explaining our Creditbuilder services. Please contact me should you require additional information.

http://www.dnb.com/SBCS_Collateral/Brochur...editBuilder.htm

http://www.dnb.com/SBCS_Collateral/Brochur...BuilderPlus.htm

I guess it all depends on the rep. I very clearly told him that I am in the meeting for next few days and need the DNB to bid on a fed contract. Initially he was a bit persistent and then I sent him the email that I received from DNB when I applied, stating that I will get the number within 24 hours.

I had the email with the number next day....

Hmm,

After the advice on the board, I got a DUNS number about a year ago. The company has a paydex of 80 with 5 reporters. Today, I received the following email from D&B.

Is it safe to ignore this as more sales propoganda? I mean, we already have a paydex. Sheesh.

During the past 12 months 3 companies have come to D&B requesting an assessment of your company but because we do not have a full file set up on your company we were unable to provide an assessment.

Please read over the information below in its entirety and let me know your decision. Are you ready to build a full file?

Thank-you, **** 1 800 627-3867 x ****

Please understand that we have two types of duns numbers. One is for business to business decisions and the other is the unvalidated number.

YOU ARE SET UP WITH AN UNVALIDATED NUMBER AT THIS TIME. SEE BELOW.

The Free duns number is a procurement number. We do not investigate your company to show you are a legitimate business and that you are not a high risk.

If you plan on doing business to business transactions using your business name to apply for contracts, to apply for credit with suppliers, lines of credit with banks, bidding for government contracts and government grants, then vendors, banks, governmental agencies, insurance companies and potential customers will want to see who you are before doing business with you and you will need to have a full file. This would be options 1 & 2.

OPTION 1:

I can build a full file showing your corporate charter information or business license to prove that you are legitimate. This will also show a list of officers and your company’s public filings, terms, territory and location.

This is the Credit Builder $299.

OPTION 2:

Option 2 does everything Option 1does, plus it also allows you to add references of your own choice. With Option 2 you have the ability to have D&B call and add up to 6 references of your choice to your file.

This is the Credit Builder Plus $549.

When you are ready just call me to set up your company’s validated profile.

Thank you,

OK, so I've gone through the same thing.

Tried to get my eupdate pass, but it said I had to call in. Called in, verified info, asked for DnB # and was givin one. Was immediately told that I had only a 'marketing' account, but for $549 (or more?) I could add trades and get a 'real' account. I politely said no thank you a few times and that was it.

I have a number of businesses I do business with but have no idea if they report - amex (no), ADP, directv, ups, fedex, verizon etc etc. I opened a Staples acct this week and it was no prob - I do, however, have 3 trades reporting on EX biz (no idea what they are - can't see them, even when report is purchased).

I'd rather not spend the $ to build this file, but I don't really want to take a ton of time to get a paydex either. What's the overall advice here - apply for a bunch of net30s and easy cards with the DnB number I was given and wait for reporting, hoping to eventually get a Paydex ?

BTW - business is 5 years old, $1M+ revs, no lates and I have a healthy personal report, but no interest in PGs for the little stuff.

Edited by cdninnyc

The first thing to understand about Duns and Bradstreet (D&B, DnB), is that you do not HAVE to buy anything to receive a Paydex. D&B will tell you otherwise but it is not true.

The first thing to do is get a D&B number and this can be done through three ways:

First you can go online and get a number for free. It will take 30 days to get the number. It has been some people�s experience that they do not get a number after 30 days and when contacting D&B they say �all you are applying for is a marketing number and you have to buy creditbuilder.� This is not true.

Second, you can call 866-705-5711 and state you are applying for federal grants/contracts and you need a duns number. They will give it to you on the spot with no solicitations.

Finally you can purchase creditbuilder which will include a duns number and you also will get the number right away. Also if you speak to a rep on the phone they sometimes give you the option of buying creditbuilder lite. This can be different prices as it is not listed on the website but others have paid $199 or $250 for it.

I myself have gotten my number by stating I am applying for government contracts and got it right away. That is how others on this board have done it as well.

Now that you have a duns number I would suggest whenever you apply for a net 30 or revolving account you include this number on your order form. Start with the credit building vendors like Uline, Viking and Nebs. When you order and pay, they will report to D&B. This is how you will begin to build a credit file.

If you purchase credit builder then they should be adding vendors you have done business with in the past.

Eupdate is the tool you can use to go into your D&B file and see what trades are listed and if you have a paydex and other company information. You have to request a password. You may receive a password or you may receive an email that states �you have to call them so they can help you� It is my experience when you call they will tell you several things which just amount to the bottom line of �you just have a marketing number and you cannot access your file until you buy creditbuilder.� This is also not true. I was unable to get a password until I had trades reporting. Others have been able to get a password right away. Either way we got a password without buying anything. If you buy creditbuilder you should have no problem getting a password.

Once you have your eupdate password you can check your report as well as update you company information. It is suggested that you don�t check eupdate too often or make to many changes too often. This may result in a red flag to D&B and they may lock your file. It is hard to tell what D&B may do but take the side of caution.

Now what D&B has not done as a result of you NOT buying creditbuilder is give you a D&B rating. This is the information of the rating and the chart as found on their site.

The D&B Rating field in a report may also display the following designations when certain conditions are present:

The '- -' Symbol: This represents the absence of a D&B Rating and should not be interpreted as indicating that credit should be denied. It means that the information available to D&B does not permit us to classify the company within our Rating Key and that further inquiry should be made before reaching a credit decision. Some reasons for using the "- -" symbol include: deficit net worth, bankruptcy proceedings, lack of sufficient payment information or incomplete history indicator.

DS (DUNS Support): This indicates that the information available to D&B does not permit us to classify the company within our Rating Key. When ordering these reports, an investigation can be performed and results sent to you at your request for an additional fee.

INV (Investigation Being Conducted): When an "INV" appears, it means an investigation is being conducted on this business to get the most current details.

NQ (Not Quoted): This is generally assigned when a business has been confirmed as no longer active at the location, or when D & B is unable to confirm active operations. It may also appear on some branch reports, when the branch is located in the same city as the headquarters.

Rating Classification Composite Credit Appraisal

(Based on Worth from Interim or Fiscal Balance Sheet) High Good Fair Limited

5A $50,000,000 and over 1 2 3 4

4A 10,000,000 to 49,999,999 1 2 3 4

3A 1,000,000 to 9,999,999 1 2 3 4

2A 750,000 to 999,999 1 2 3 4

1A 500,000 to 749,999 1 2 3 4

BA 300,000 to 499,999 1 2 3 4

BB 200,000 to 299,999 1 2 3 4

CB 125,000 to 199,999 1 2 3 4

CC 75,000 to 124,999 1 2 3 4

DC 50,000 to 74,999 1 2 3 4

DD 35,000 to 49,999 1 2 3 4

EE 20,000 to 34,999 1 2 3 4

FF 10,000 to 19,999 1 2 3 4

GG 5,000 to 9,999 1 2 3 4

HH up to 4,999 1 2 3 4

Rating Classification Composite Credit Appraisal

Based on Number of Employees) Good Fair Limited

1R 10 and over 2 3 4

2R 1 to 9 2 3 4

Key To Employee Range

Applicable to lines of business not covered by the D&B Rating system

ER1 1,000 or more

ER2 500-999

ER3 100-499

ER4 50-99

ER5 20-49

ER6 10-19

ER7 5-9

ER8 1-4

ERN Not Available

Some people have gotten this information without paying for something. But this information is different from a Paydex. The Paydex is what is important when applying for credit.

PAYDEX� Score

The PAYDEX Score is D&B's unique dollar-weighted numerical indicator of how a firm paid its bills over the past year, based on trade experiences reported to D&B by various vendors. The D&B PAYDEX Score ranges from 1 to 100, with higher scores indicating better payment performance.

Key to the D&B PAYDEX� Score

PAYDEX Payment

100 Anticipate

90 Discount

80 Prompt

70 15 Days Beyond Terms

60 22 Days Beyond Terms

50 30 Days Beyond Terms

40 60 Days Beyond Terms

20 90 Days Beyond Terms

20 120 Days Beyond Terms

UN Unavailable

A paydex can be obtained without buying anything. The truth of the matter is it will take time. For me it took 3 and a half months. Others depending on your spending have gotten it quicker. With creditbuilder you can obtain your paydex faster.

It seems that D&B updates their information Saturday nights. So if you want to check its best to do so on Sunday as that should be the current information they have. If it is it�s a different story, but it should be.

D&B will call you after you get your number and try to sell you something. They will tell you your number is no good and that you will not have a credit file. They may deny you a password to eupdate. Even if you get in the file there may be information that is missing or wrong. It is suggested you call a rep and make changes and they will still try to sell you something. Be patient. Place your orders and pay the bills. The trades will show up and once you get four of five you will get a Paydex.

This is the basic of building the D&B file. I hope this answers a lot of questions that come up.

Does business entity type matter?

Which is viewed as more favorable

in the eyes of business creditors?

LLC, Sub-S Corp, or C Corp?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, for a legitimate business, you need an EIN number, because to get a bank account they will use that. If not they and others will ask for your social, and that totally negates the protections afforded with obtaining business credit.

Is it true that you also have a certified copy of business filing documents and a raised seal in order to open a business bank account (LLC or Corp). Thanks

[ :cry2:

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, for a legitimate business, you need an EIN number, because to get a bank account they will use that. If not they and others will ask for your social, and that totally negates the protections afforded with obtaining business credit.

Is it true that you also have a certified copy of business filing documents and a raised seal in order to open a business bank account (LLC or Corp). Thanks

Hello,

I just got off the phone with DnB, and was told I needed my articles of L.L.C. first before I can get a number, but they did say it would only take 5 minutes to get the number! Also, I have my EIN #, but that was not needed. I guess it all depends on your setup.

Good Luck

I have registered my Solo LLC in April with my SSN as EIN, I myself has limited credit history.

Luckily I was approved for WAMU business checking account in May.

Last week I was approved staples (750$ CL) and Office Depot ($500 CL) business credit cards.

Other than this I didnt try anything else. I applied for DHL & Fedex account. But these are only taking limited number of characters for company name, I couldnt give my company's full name. I am not sure whether these are going to help me or not.

What else I should do to build my credit score? How long I should wait to apply for business credit cards?

I have a corporation that I set up in 2000 and got the DUNS number in 2002. I haven't really done anything with it until this year. A few months ago, I called DnB to get my DUNS number and after talking with a few diff. reps, they finally told me my DUNS number. I misplaced the number and was just calling to find out the number again. Unfortunately, I was told that my DUNS number was null and void or expired(something like that), because my phone number on record was disconnected. They assumed I was out of business. I argued with them and said that I simply changed numbers and that I am still in business(as I can prove my corporate status has been active since 2000).

Anyway, I have had lots of trouble getting the eupdate password from the website. My corporation is showing with my address, but I would get emails denying me from getting the password. I hate calling DnB, due to their high pressure sales tactics. Just a few min ago, I found the link for the federal eupdates and typed in my new business address and phone number in there. I chose the option for "applicant for federal grants" as I am not far into that process at the moment ;) .

I hope that they will automatically update my DnB profile, even though I didn't even need to use an eupdate password for that process.

Has anyone tried updating their profile that way, instead of using the eupdate password?

Please reply...

cool thing happened to me! i got a call from duns and bradstreet yesterday. The lady told me that she was doing a credit file investigation and neede to update my file. I gave her my most recent info and told her about all my accounts that i had that was not showing up on d&b. she said she would send me an email with a copy for me to look over after she is thru. Well I got my report from her and she updated all my info like she said and added all my trades to the file for free. she never tried to sell me anything!!! i never paid for anything with them either.

Ok now I have been reading the board for a while.

Checked my exp biz it is 99 and my paydex is 79. Now what. I already

have

Home depot 10k Staples 5k and lowes 3k.

What other credit cards or accounts should I get and which do not need

your

personal SS number for application.

Please help.

DB cannot rate me for some reason however they have me at 5% for some late

electric bill I guess. Not too clear?

I got my number through the gov site with in two days but after 5 days so far I still can't find my company in their system? What is the next step? Is this number good enough to start applying for credit with my company or do I need to wait until my company shows up in DNB's database?

Thanks

Here is my duns info...

The PAYDEX for this company is 47.

This PAYDEX score indicates that payments to suppliers average 39 days beyond
terms, weighted by dollar amounts.  When dollar amounts are not considered,
approximately 40% of the company's payments are within terms.

Below is an overview of the company's dollar-weighted payments, segmented by
its suppliers' primary industries:

TOTAL	 LARGEST	%	   DAYS SLOW
				   TOTAL	  DOLLAR	   HIGH	W/IN
				   RCV'D	  AMOUNTS	 CREDIT  TERMS <31 31-60 61-90 91+
				   ----- -------------- ---------- ---- --- ----- ----- ---
					  #		  $		  $		%   %	%	 %	%

Total in D&B's file		4		  1,100		500

Payment By Industry:

1 Short-trm busn credit   2			750		500   50   -	 -	 -  50
2 Misc publishing		 1			250		250	-   -	 -	50  50
3 Telephone communictns   1			100		100  100   -	 -	 -   -

Other Payment Categories:

Cash experiences		  0			  0		  0
Payment record unknown	0			  0		  0
Unfavorable comments	  0			  0		  0
Placed for collection
	with D&B		   0			  0
	other			  0			N/A

The highest "Now Owes" on file is $500
The highest "Past Due" on file is $250

The aggregate dollar amount of the 4 payment experiences in D&B's file equals
30.0% of this company's average monthly sales.  In Dun & Bradstreet's opinion,
payment experiences exceeding 10% of a company's average monthly sales can be
considered representative of payment performance.

===============================================================================

PAYMENTS  (Amounts may be rounded to nearest figure in prescribed ranges)

Antic - Anticipated (Payments received prior to date of invoice)
  Disc  - Discounted  (Payments received within trade discount period)
  Ppt   - Prompt	  (Payments received within terms granted)

REPORTED PAYING			 HIGH	  NOW	 PAST   SELLING		  LAST SALE
	 RECORD			CREDIT	 OWES	 DUE	TERMS			WITHIN

10/06	Ppt-Slow 120		500	  500	  100					1 Mo
	 Ppt-Slow 120		250	  250	  100					1 Mo
	 Slow 90-120+		250	  250	  250					6-12 Mos
09/06	Ppt				 100	  100	  -0-					1 Mo
		* Payment experiences reflect how bills are met in relation to the
	 terms granted.  In some instances payment beyond terms can be the
	 result of disputes over merchandise, skipped invoices etc.
		* Each experience shown represents a separate account reported by a
	 supplier.  Updated trade experiences replace those previously
	 reported.

===============================================================================

If I pay off the old/slows in a couple of months, I assume they will report?

If so, would my paydex go up and would I get a rating?

My DnB file shows in the payment section:

12-06 (8YE /048) 004048048

What does that mean? I have looked through the stickeys, but don't see anything for this.

Thank you

I posted this in another thread but it will probably help more people being in the sticky.

In mid November I applied for my DUNS number the "hard way". A few days later I got a high pressure sales call trying to sell me on spending $299 to establish my credit file. Having read about DnB before hand, I politley declined and said I would think about it since I knew I didn't need to buy their "service". She then told me it would take 6 weeks to get my number.

Fast forward 4 weeks later. I decide to try the CCR website method since I'm sick of waiting and need this number for a wholesale vendor I'm trying to work with. It's basically stopping me from getting my business going! So I applied at 2am and got my number the next day by 4pm without any phone calls at all.

Thanks so much for this awesome thread and forum! :blink:

Hi Guys just a quick thank you. I finally got my duns # today after trying in vain for a few years. Thanks for this incredible board. I'm learning alot. Now I can start building my business credit