TRANSFER TO THE ISSING BANK

50 MORE QUESTIONS

Long story short...

DOES THE SIGNATURE MATCH THE LICENSE???

"THERE IS NO SIGNATURE"

"HAVE THE CUSTOMER SIGN THE CARD...THE CARD IS VOID WITH-OUT A SIGNATURE"

LATER...

APPROVAL CODE XXXXXX

Then I later got a call from the guys bank...(credit union)

"HE HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO COVER THE AMOUNT...AND ALWAYS HAS"

THAT WAS FUN!!!

I AM REQUIRED TO FOLLOW VISA/MC POLICY!!!

WE DIDN'T MAKE A FAKE PROMPT!!!

WE CAN'T...IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!!

I LOVED EVERY MIN. EXCEPT HE WAS A JUST A LITTLE RUDE TO ME AND ANOTHER MANAGER

YOU WILL SIGN THE DRIVERS LICENSE BUT NOT YOUR CREDIT CARD???

WHY DID YOU SIGN THE DRIVERS LICENSE???

George,

This reminds me! The other night we bought the kids some new shoes. Shoe store asked for ID. My DH thought it was great and complimented the lady..knucklehead! LOL As soon as we left I informed him that was a big no no. I didn't raise a stink at the store because I figured I'd just look like a *****.

My only concern is I know some credit card companies would not help you if your CC was stolen and you did not sign the back. I know that is how it use to be. They held you responsible. Is that still the case?

My only concern is I know some credit card companies would not help you if your CC was stolen and you did not sign the back.  I know that is how it use to be.  They held you responsible.  Is that still the case?

My credit card was actually stolen and the person spent 1000s of dollars on purchases. The stores never asked this person for an ID. That is why I stopped signing my name to the back of my cards.

Edited by SDMuse

Technically your card is not valid unless signed.

Having said that, I had to sign my own card at a store the other day.

Of course, almost 2 years later, I hadn't even taken the activation sticker off of it. Half the cards in my wallet still have that on it. :lol:

The only problem is I believe that the CC compnies hold you responsible if you don't sign the back. Whereas they are more willing to help you if you signed it and the retailer didn't catch the mistake.

The only problem is I believe that the CC compnies hold you responsible if you don't sign the back.  Whereas they are more willing to help you if you signed it and the retailer didn't catch the mistake.

If your card was stolen how would they know you didn't sign it?

I guess that is with the idea that they may get the card back. Today it does not really matter whether you sign it or not. Most stores have do it yourself swipers. So the cashier never touches your card

Technically your card is not valid unless signed. 

Having said that, I had to sign my own card at a store the other day. 

Of course, almost 2 years later, I hadn't even taken the activation sticker off of it.  Half the cards in my wallet still have that on it.  :good:

i worked in a grocery store for 2 years. dont ask me why but i used to hate seeing the activation sticker on cards. i always just wanted to yell out....whats the point. for me some things just have to be a certain way. and activation stickers are STICKERS because they are ment to be taken off :dntknw:

I guess that is with the idea that they may get the card back.  Today it does not really matter whether you sign it or not.  Most stores have do it yourself swipers. So the cashier never touches your card

Even with the do-it-yourself swipers,

I have had cashiers take the card from me, see my signature and still ask for ID.

They stare, examine and do a psychological profile on me. Then they swipe the card themselves behind the register.

Bastages. if I reach for the self-swipey they ask for ID.

I can NEVER use my CC without an ID...NEVER.

The only time is if I use my Debit card w/pin# or Sam's Club which has a photo on it.

What's the point?????

My only concern is I know some credit card companies would not help you if your CC was stolen and you did not sign the back.  I know that is how it use to be.  They held you responsible.  Is that still the case?

My credit card was actually stolen and the person spent 1000s of dollars on purchases. The stores never asked this person for an ID. That is why I stopped signing my name to the back of my cards.

They didn't ask of ID because they're not supposed to.

Someone explain to me why so many people here insist (and rightly so) that CAs, OCs, and CRAs follow the laws and rules of credit reporting and collecting, yet will not follow a simple rule themselves.

A credit card is not valid unless signed.

It doesn't say "sign if you want to." It doesn't say "write see ID here."

Pretty simple. If you don't want to follow the terms of agreement, don't apply for the card.

I know that the Post Office where I live will not accept a credit card unless it is signed. They have signs everywhere that sy it cannot say "see ID" nor can we verify with Drivers License. You must have signed your card before approaching the counter.

I just sign all my cards, then again, I only have 7. Still, nearly every cashier flips it over to check for signature. Less hassle if it's signed.

again, I agree completely with JerseyBaby...

if you don't want to sign the card...don't apply for it...

Someone explain to me why so many people here insist (and rightly so) that CAs, OCs, and CRAs follow the laws and rules of credit reporting and collecting, yet will not follow a simple rule themselves.

Pretty simple. If you don't want to follow the terms of agreement, don't apply for the card.

I disagree --- I don't sign the back of mine, simply because I WANT them to ask for my id! If I sign the back and someone steals the card they probably won't ask for an id -- If I don't sign it they will ask for an id and the person who stole my card won't be able to use it. Simple logic.

I have my cards signed. Why not? The only store that I know of that checks IDs on no sig cards is the Apple Store.

On another note, does anyone sign sales slips or the electronic POS terminal? I draw a line down the singature box, make a squiggle or sometimes just sign 'Not Me'. No one has ever cared in months. Sometimes they see its clearly not my real signature and dont care. Singature verification is useless IMHO, so is drivers license verification. Its very easy for Johnny credit card thief to get an id that says he is you.

Edited by thistestname

I disagree --- I don't sign the back of mine, simply because I WANT them to ask for my id! If I sign the back and someone steals the card they probably won't ask for an id -- If I don't sign it they will ask for an id and the person who stole my card won't be able to use it. Simple logic.

what are you disagreeing with?

It is in the cardholder's agreement to sign the card...pretty simple...

You may not want to sign it...but you agreed to it when you opened the account....

what are you disagreeing with?

It is in the cardholder's agreement to sign the card...pretty simple...

You may not want to sign it...but you agreed to it when you opened the account....

I'm my choice if I'll sign it or not -- I don't sign it for my own security -- Not yet have I EVER had a problem with that -- All I have been is questioned for my ID while purchasing something. Also, I seriously doubt the issuer cares if it's signed or not... So if I don't sign it -- I don't have to pay back what I purchased with the card?! -- Of course, when I got the credit card I agreed to that -- Not necessarly by signing/not signing the back fo the card.

Edited by Mayor

I'm my choice if I'll sign it or not -- I don't sign it for my own security -- Not yet have I EVER had a problem with that -- All I have been is questioned for my ID while purchasing something. Also, I seriously doubt the issuer cares if it's signed or not... So if I don't sign it -- I don't have to pay back what I purchased with the card?! -- Of course, when I got the credit card I agreed to that -- Not necessarly by signing/not signing the back fo the card.

ERRRR... Incorrect. It is not your choice. Take a quick look at the back of your card. It says not valid unless signed. Now look at the cardmember agreement you signed when you applied. Oh gee, it says you'll sign the card too, and that if you don't you will be liable for all fraudulent charges.

So you honestly think you are more secure not signing the card I think you should see your physician to ensure you haven't suffered a recent head injury.

As for if the card issuer seriously cares, Give em a call. I bet they tell you to sign the card or cancel it.

And yes you agreed to pay it back when you signed the contract. You also agreed to sign the card, or sacrifice your protections from fraudulent purchases.

If you can't handle that, pay cash. End of story.

So you honestly think you are more secure not signing the card I think you should see your physician to ensure you haven't suffered a recent head injury.

Careful....

NO SIGNATURE AND YOU LOSE THE CARD...THEY DON'T HAVE TO COVER ANY LOSS

(assuming it is recovered at POS and returned to the bank)

They will PROBABLY cover it anyway...THIS TIME

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JerHawk
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines