Jump to content

Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'washington'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Intro & News
    • Please Read Before Posting - NEWBIES START HERE
    • CB gets Press!
    • CreditBoards Success Stories
    • Newbies Section
  • Creditboards Main Forums
    • Credit Forum
    • Medical Billing & Medical Collections
    • Bankruptcy
    • Foreclosures/Loan Modifications
    • Chexsystems Help
    • Debt Consolidation, Counseling and Management
    • Military Credit
    • Canadian Credit
  • Financing
    • Mortgages
    • Automotive Financing
    • Student Loans
    • Business Credit
  • Money Management
    • Money Management
  • Special Topics
    • VISA MC policies
  • Resources
    • Laws Laws Laws
    • Where can I Find?
    • CaseLaw
    • State Laws
    • Debt Collector Hall of Shame
    • Identity Theft
    • CreditPulls Database
    • Databases and Reference
    • Sample Letters
  • Misc.
    • General Discussion

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL






Found 2 results

  1. So I have a lease I broke in 2011 in collections that I plan on DV'ing. I'm not afraid of being sued because I could settle if I really needed to. In fact I tried contacting my old apartment managers about paying them directly and they said no, I had to deal with the CA. I don't pay CA's, they pay me - so I need to handle this another way. I have already had this verified in a CRA dispute(all 3 reporting). I've had some success with very simple DV letters, however this one is a little different. In my state(Washington), when a landlord takes your deposit/you incur additional costs they have 14 days from the day you surrender the property to get you an itemized cost list. Read here. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=59.18.280 Neither my wife nor myself recall getting this, and we did leave a forwarding address with the apartment manager. I wonder if there is any way I can use this law to get this off my credit reports, or if I'm just barking up the wrong tree. My initial plan is to DV them, and attempt a 1-2 punch however I thought I'd bring this to my fellow CB'ers and see what you had to say. The CA is FCO, and everything I read says I need to play hardball with them.
  2. I recently moved back to Washington state, upon registering for a drivers license, I learned of an old unpaid ticket (moving violation) from 2005 that was sent to collections and since dropped off my credit report. I contacted the court and they told me I need to contact NCO to settle the debt and get some sort of document from them before I can obtain a drivers license. I am apprehensive to call NCO to inquire about the amount due and ultimately to pay the debt to get my drivers license because I don't want this collection account to reappear on my credit report. What is the correct way to approach and settle this matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
  • Create New...

Important Information